Sustain?

DocRadio

Basically every Blaster secondary (except for Mental Manipulation which already had Drain Psyche) had one power changed to give a recovery bonus and some sort of healing effect (either increased regeneration, a heal over time or an absorb shield). These abilities generally have no endurance costs.

The exact power is different for each set but in most cases it's the level 20 power. As an example for Devices Cloaking Device was changed to Field Operative, in addition to the old effects (stealth and defense) it now gives +50% recovery, +250% regeneration and doesn't consume any endurance.

Defender Smash!

Yep. There were also some changes made to the primaries. Most single target attacks with a range less than 80ft had it increased to 80ft. They also implemented "fast-snipe" so now if you have a To Hit bonus of at least 22% the interruptible portion of the casting time/animation is removed.

Defender Smash!

I'm at a loss at how to slot this power (Field Operative).  Currently I'm using 2 end mods, like if it was Stamina, but I'm not sure if that's too much or if i should be slotting other things. The def bonus seems... not good; its like 33% with an SO of a 2.1% bonus. Am I missing something?

For a bit more info: The Regen version Sustains usually result in +225% Regen and +50% Recovery. Only half of it is enhanceable.

You'll note however that Health and Stamina are 40% and 25% base apiece. Even un-enhanced, this transforms a 240s time to total recovery from 1hp to 100% into 74 seconds.

Or if you want a more stark comparison: A Regen Scrapper with Fast Healing, Quick Recovery, and Integration toggled on is at +225% Regen and +30% Recovery ... And paying 0.26/second endurance to keep Integration running while -whether toggle or clicky - your Sustain costs no blue-juice.

You may feel it a bit of an unrefined band-aid for everything to be stuffed into one power like this because that's probably exactly what it was (a 'step 1' to tide'em over while things got reviewed) but it's worth living with it:  never NOT take your sustain as soon as possible.

Edit: to Gun Powder: It costs you no energy. End Mods are fine (it enhances AS much as does Stamina, it just gets a freebie extra 25% on top). It also does well with heals as it gives more regen than Health does. But it's also a no-endcost Defense% toggle, which means you can also fit something here like Shieldwall's global unique. Don't go out of your way to desperately turn that 1.75% into 2.5%, instead take advantage of the health, endurance and maybe a defense special that'll let you keep endurance/def values better on a different power. There's no recharge or endurance cost to speak of really (it'll drop when you die, that's about it) so it's a bit of a loss to put those two things in.