[City of Roleplay] Recruitment Fair & Comic Celebration!

Shadeknight

unknown.png
unknown.png
Hero Winners; Virtuous V (1st), Icon (2nd), and Tailor (3rd)
Villain Winners: Invictor (1st), Joke (2nd), and Fumigator (3rd)

unknown.png

Team CC Winner - Hero Corps

unknown.png

2nd Place - HTTP

unknown.png

3rd Place - Traveler's Guild

A later post will come out with all the advertisements of the groups that I could screenshot safely.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

unknown.png
patch note reactors give me heart burn.
entitlement is stored in the donations.
i am a forum cop.

• 8 months later

THE FAIR: 2023
So, it's about time I talk about the usual antics surrounding a semi-regular event known/called the Recruitment Fair. Over the years it has been a means for groups to recruit, for me to give back to the community (through community donations towards trivia and costume contests), and more. It has changed and warped over the years to what it has been so far. Going forward, however, the Fair will be a bit more malleable in some details and it will be focusing on the Recruitment Fair aspect more so than anything else.

So what does that mean exactly?
The Costume Contests will not be a thing for 2023
One thing I wish to try is the idea of focusing on the Recruitment Fair aspect. This event has primarily tried to serve as a way for Roleplay Groups to meet up, recruit, and otherwise make connections. Part of the event, through this, also allows characters to meet in a non-club environment. While the Recruitment aim will always be groups that fit Superpowered Universes (JLA, Avengers, League/Legion of Doom, etc) - this year we may explore expanding with the groups we aim for.

Costume Contests will become their own thing unrelated to the Recruitment Fair for 2023. If that lessens the show-up or makes things feel weird? We'll re-evaluate and go back to the way things have been before. This also allows us to keep the split across two days firmly rather than toying with three days like we have in the past.

The Recruitment Fair will likely happen twice this year
Given the shift towards focusing on the meat of the event? Well, it is easier for me to run a 2-night event based around Recruitment for Roleplay Groups.  The idea behind this is that groups come and go. Some close recruitment for a long while, others are always open, and so on. Things can change over the course of a year. New groups can rise and old groups can disappear. Moving towards twice a year for one year is not impossible, but things will be gauged and weighed. If once a year works better after the first one this year? We will simply wait until next year. However, if everything looks to be better off in doing twice this year? We will schedule a second Fair this year.

The goal is Winter/Spring for the first one and, if all is well, Fall/Winter for the second one. This gives a decent enough gap for things to potentially change. Who knows what can happen within a span of months? It also means that new faces can hear about the event if they only start (or return) within the gap between Fairs.

Both nights will remain firmly in my control.
The past year saw a weird time with the Redside version of this event. I wasn't as attentive and basically handed it off to another group. The feeling I got from that night was not the best. There was a certain lack of care towards the second night, and that isn't my usual style. This time (and all times forward) will remain firmly under my control. Leadership. Something like that. Both events will, at least in attempt, receive my full attention and focus equally. I don't intend for one event to feel slower or weirder simply because I handed it off.

I have no set or projected date yet, but I will keep everyone updated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

unknown.png
patch note reactors give me heart burn.
entitlement is stored in the donations.
i am a forum cop.