[City of Roleplay] Recruitment Fair & Comic Celebration!

Ruin Mage

unknown.png
unknown.png
Hero Winners; Virtuous V (1st), Icon (2nd), and Tailor (3rd)
Villain Winners: Invictor (1st), Joke (2nd), and Fumigator (3rd)

unknown.png

Team CC Winner - Hero Corps

unknown.png

2nd Place - HTTP

unknown.png

3rd Place - Traveler's Guild

A later post will come out with all the advertisements of the groups that I could screenshot safely.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

• 8 months later

THE FAIR: 2023
So, it's about time I talk about the usual antics surrounding a semi-regular event known/called the Recruitment Fair. Over the years it has been a means for groups to recruit, for me to give back to the community (through community donations towards trivia and costume contests), and more. It has changed and warped over the years to what it has been so far. Going forward, however, the Fair will be a bit more malleable in some details and it will be focusing on the Recruitment Fair aspect more so than anything else.

So what does that mean exactly?
The Costume Contests will not be a thing for 2023
One thing I wish to try is the idea of focusing on the Recruitment Fair aspect. This event has primarily tried to serve as a way for Roleplay Groups to meet up, recruit, and otherwise make connections. Part of the event, through this, also allows characters to meet in a non-club environment. While the Recruitment aim will always be groups that fit Superpowered Universes (JLA, Avengers, League/Legion of Doom, etc) - this year we may explore expanding with the groups we aim for.

Costume Contests will become their own thing unrelated to the Recruitment Fair for 2023. If that lessens the show-up or makes things feel weird? We'll re-evaluate and go back to the way things have been before. This also allows us to keep the split across two days firmly rather than toying with three days like we have in the past.

The Recruitment Fair will likely happen twice this year
Given the shift towards focusing on the meat of the event? Well, it is easier for me to run a 2-night event based around Recruitment for Roleplay Groups.  The idea behind this is that groups come and go. Some close recruitment for a long while, others are always open, and so on. Things can change over the course of a year. New groups can rise and old groups can disappear. Moving towards twice a year for one year is not impossible, but things will be gauged and weighed. If once a year works better after the first one this year? We will simply wait until next year. However, if everything looks to be better off in doing twice this year? We will schedule a second Fair this year.

The goal is Winter/Spring for the first one and, if all is well, Fall/Winter for the second one. This gives a decent enough gap for things to potentially change. Who knows what can happen within a span of months? It also means that new faces can hear about the event if they only start (or return) within the gap between Fairs.

Both nights will remain firmly in my control.
The past year saw a weird time with the Redside version of this event. I wasn't as attentive and basically handed it off to another group. The feeling I got from that night was not the best. There was a certain lack of care towards the second night, and that isn't my usual style. This time (and all times forward) will remain firmly under my control. Leadership. Something like that. Both events will, at least in attempt, receive my full attention and focus equally. I don't intend for one event to feel slower or weirder simply because I handed it off.

I have no set or projected date yet, but I will keep everyone updated.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

unknown.png

• 1 month later

The Final...ish? Update
So, this year, we're going back to the year 1 route of doing Kallisti Wharf. This is due to the timing of the Base Contest happening around a similar period + the other changes going on. This does mean no booths for groups, but no big deal on that I imagine! Now, with that being said, it may end up being a bit chaotic like our first iteration. However, given there is no costume contests this year? It should manage itself much better, and if it doesn't? Lessons learned! So, groups, what does this mean? This means I will be asking you all to spread out fairly. The location for this in the Wharf has a LOT of space. I do not want groups to stack near one another, please. I cannot, using the Wharf, map out places for every group, but I can ask that we don't try to sabotage one another.

Now, given this is an open zone? The rule about No Advertisement Bots is in place. You cannot and should not dual box for your group in that form. Bring actual characters, not Level 1 Ad-Bots. Now, this year I'm dropping the previous idea of catering this to superhero/supervillain groups. Partially because it's an open zone rather than a base. While I would love for more comic book esque groups? That's not all that's around on Everlasting for RP groups. So I'm re-opening the doors, so to speak, and giving this wider shot a chance. It does mean that if your group IC wouldn't really hang close to where heroes are hanging out? Probably best to scooch over elsewhere.

Speaking of spots - ideally, we'd center ourselves on the center island. I will make one last mini update regarding this AFTER I have an idea of who all is attending to recruit. I have a few ideas regarding how to split people up for this, but I'm going to wait until I know who all wants to attend for recruitment versus who all is just showing up. With that being said, how do you let me know you're going to attend? DM myself (via Discord or forums) with the group name, IC alignment, and a BRIEF synopsis of what the group is about. This will be compiled sometime before the event day to be posted.

I jebaited folks, but no projected date except that it will be on a Saturday night. Possible split into two nights, but that's one thing I'm going to wait and see on.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

unknown.png

SG Fair entry: Scions of Everlasting, and the Tirikan Collective coalition.

Alignment: Proactively neutral, guardians of human kind. (Rogue/Vigilante)

Synopsis: The Scions of Everlasting, and the Tirikan Collective coalition is a group of mystical, mythical, and alien magical type characters that work together to help safeguard and protect Paragon, the Rogue Isles, and humanity as a whole from arcanic influences, world threatening relics, artifacts, tomes of lost and probably best forgotten magical arts and practices, as well as assist with restoring and productively support environmental safety and protection for Earth Prime. There are a number of groups associated with Scions of Everlasting, including Chaos United, Devil May Care, The Branded, Pellean Sanctum, and Pellean Echoes to name just a few. We are new roleplayer friendly, and work with quite a few larger groups on the server to help players seeking a content rich experience, while still being able to participate and join in on long term story lines, and plot events within the Tirikan Collective.

Tirakan_Empire-removebg-preview.png.5bcf78b236e4f80f8e475aa27111d9cb.png

Additional details: The Tirikan Collective is something of a newer formed coalition of the tirikan-related groups, bases, and locations throughout Prime Earth as well as Echoes created by the Tirikan with permissions from the Menders of Ouroboros to lessen the impact the Tirikan may have on Prime Earth resources and population spaces. The coalition and players are all LGBTQ+ or LGBTQ+ allies, as well as supportive of helping new players find groups that better suit their interests and needs for their characters on Everlasting. This however does not mean that you must be tirikan, or dragon specific to join, we accept anyone that has interest in our stories, themes, and plots.

Roleplaying mentor volunteer, and mentorship contributor.

Chatrange Popmenu/Where to find me/Beginners Links

blinkiesCafe-Ov.gif.461b52017365412a34160eb002f74cfe.gif

17 minutes ago, Crystal Dragon said:

SG Fair entry: Scions of Everlasting, and the Tirikan Collective coalition.

Alignment: Proactively neutral, guardians of human kind. (Rogue/Vigilante)

Synopsis: The Scions of Everlasting, and the Tirikan Collective coalition is a group of mystical, mythical, and alien magical type characters that work together to help safeguard and protect Paragon, the Rogue Isles, and humanity as a whole from arcanic influences, world threatening relics, artifacts, tomes of lost and probably best forgotten magical arts and practices, as well as assist with restoring and productively support environmental safety and protection for Earth Prime. There are a number of groups associated with Scions of Everlasting, including Chaos United, Devil May Care, The Branded, Pellean Sanctum, and Pellean Echoes to name just a few. We are new roleplayer friendly, and work with quite a few larger groups on the server to help players seeking a content rich experience, while still being able to participate and join in on long term story lines, and plot events within the Tirikan Collective.

Tirakan_Empire-removebg-preview.png.5bcf78b236e4f80f8e475aa27111d9cb.png

Additional details: The Tirikan Collective is something of a newer formed coalition of the tirikan-related groups, bases, and locations throughout Prime Earth as well as Echoes created by the Tirikan with permissions from the Menders of Ouroboros to lessen the impact the Tirikan may have on Prime Earth resources and population spaces. The coalition and players are all LGBTQ+ or LGBTQ+ allies, as well as supportive of helping new players find groups that better suit their interests and needs for their characters on Everlasting. This however does not mean that you must be tirikan, or dragon specific to join, we accept anyone that has interest in our stories, themes, and plots.

Just to throw it out there, he said to DM him with your group's entry. 🙂

• Haha 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

• 4 weeks later

April 22nd is the date and the time is 5PM Central / 6PM Eastern.

What does this mean exactly? At around 5:30 to 5:45PM Eastern, I'd expect groups to start showing to get a spot settled. I ask that groups don't wander *IF* you're looking to recruit. You'll want to space yourself fairly and maybe adjust your chat range (command to be edited in later) so that you're not getting bombarded by the natural range. This command will be repeated regularly throughout the night to ensure everyone can adjust their local range as they need to.

Now, while I will be splitting this up LOOSELY by alignment, I do want it said that I will make adjustments on the fly based on turn out. I will be asking that the Plaza/Island be used for heroic or vigilante groups. Those more nefarious or shady groups will be asked to be around the Black Market area in the Wharf. This will ensure groups aren't interacting that might realistically clash. No "Neener neener you can't hit me." disruptions etc.

Another thing to be said is that this event, by proxy of our zone choice, is not restricted. What I mean is that clubs, bars, etc can show up. *Any* Roleplay Supergroup can show up and recruit. I only ask that your group be somewhere *fitting* for them. If you're unsure? Run the concept by me and I'll give you a good guesstimate based on what I read. Images of the map will be edited in to this post later on maybe?

Oh yeah and April 22nd is CoR's 4 Year Anniversary. So we'll be celebrating that during the weekend potentially too? Anyway, I want to close this out by saying thank you to everyone over the years. I've run this three times before and this will be the fourth. Everyone's interest and help (during the years that I took donations) played the most tremendous part in making the event go on. I do these things for the community and I'll continue to host the fair until my life situation prevents it.

Have a good Easter, everyone.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

unknown.png

• 2 weeks later