Shorten reward timer for non TFs/Trials

It seems a little harsh to only be able to earn rewards running the signature story arcs 1 part per 48hours.  That means that if you wanted full reward to run just one of the arcs it would take you over 14 days to do so.  My suggestion would be keep the existing timer but tie it to the part ran as opposed to the entire 7 parts as a whole.  So essentially if you wanted to run all 7 parts in a day you would get full rewards.  However, you would not be able to farm 1 part over and over again for merits.

I find that this awesome content seldom gets ran due to the harsh reward timer rule which is a real shame considering how big a deal it was during live.

That does seem a bit strange to me.   I would expect each story arc to be treated like any other individual story arc for this purpose.  If they thought the merits-per-time came out to too high a figure, they could reduce the merit reward, just as they could for any other story arc.   But really, what's the differnce between running "World Wide Red" or "The Mysterious General Z" or "The Unknown Ubelmann" vs the Who-Will-Dies.

They are very story driven content, and yeah changing them to how youd want they would have to gut the rewards, whcih for us who are far more casual about how we approach content would be the ones to lose out the most. When i am only logging on a few times a week for short burst of play time the sig story arc chapters are my go to way to have fun and get decent rewards for my shorter play sessions.

More so they are differing level ranges in parts of Who will Die's case, changing them again only caters to power gamers and it will be those who level casually who are losing some content that especially caters to their play style.

Pandoras arc I am abit more willing to consider but again its some of the lvl 50 content that is fun and well suited to the casual 50 who doesnt want to spend their time doing PI radio teams.

I just dont see why it needs to be changed, when it logically would make these short arcs have to give very few merits if the timer that spreads out replay is altered. You basically want to reduce some unique content down to just another story arc, when they are a lot more then that in their substance.

Frankly Ive never had issue building teams to run the entire series if that is what people want. But in general most players I meet prefer shorter bite sized content vs long haul runs. I suspect that is the real reason why, along with the nature of the arc making the leader the star, well most I know favor experiencing those arcs solo even on re runs for that reason as well. Its content that really feels meant for the casual solo player imo. Thats even the main gripe I hear most often about task forces, the forced longer game sessions. Like myself a lot of gamers in my age range just have too much always potentially ready to tear you away at less then a moments notice, to really want to commit most play sessions to long runs. I find few who ever have even my level of TF running which when the mood is on me to play daily usually includes at least 2 to 3 different tf runs of the shorter sub hour TFs like those out in striga.

So frankly I just dont see any reason for the proposed changes as it only appeases those who already have tons of arcs and tfs to run for long haul play sessions, and would mainly take something from the casual half hour here and there during the week players.

I'm ... not sure what BB's argument is, or why they would have to 'gut the rewards.' For each individual SSA arc, there's a 6 1/2 day timer for the rewards. Yes, you can run each arc more quickly than that, but the first run would net you (say) 20 merits, but if you ran it the next day, you'd only get 5... until 6 1/2 days would pass.

I'm not sure how that would "cater to power gamers," or cost those who play casually or less frequently anything.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.