Incarnate Alpha Bug? (Agility perhaps?)

Sailboat

TL, DR:  Tier 2 Alpha power shows increased value on character for one buff but not the other.

I don't have many Incarnates yet. 

I have  Tanker with the tier 2 Alpha power "Agility Radial Boost," which gives 33% Recharge Rate and 20% Defense Buff.  1/3 of that ignores ED diminishing returns.

In the Enhancements window, I can see the percentage increase in defense buff -- one power gains from 57.something to 66.2% of it's base defense.  The combat attributes window shows a corresponding increase in defense values, and it feels like it's wokring.

But my powers with cooldowns show NO corresponding increase in recharge rate on the enhancements screen, and they do not appear to be recharging faster -- Cleave recharges in 6.5 seconds with Alpha slotted or unslotted.

Another character with Tier 3 Alpha "Spiritual Total Core Revamp," which gives 45% recharge and Stun duration, 50% not affected by ED diminishing returns, definitely shows increased recharge and stun duration in the Enhancements window, and that seems to work in action as well.

So, that second character has a Tier 2 Alpha with recharge in waiting (I am building toward Tier 4)... thinking to test if the problem is related to Tier 2,  I unslotted "Spiritual Total Core Revamp" and slotted "Spiritual; Radial Boost."  For unknown reasons, I couldn't switch it out for many minutes, although my first character could add or remove his almost at will.It does appear the Spiritual Tier 2 is increasing recharge on the enhancements screen and in game.

So is the problem with Agility Alpha?  All Agility, or just the one I slotted?

Anyone else experiencing this?

Found this on the Paragon Wiki;

To calculate the total enhancement value use the following method:

1. Add up the values of all enhancements in the power plus the portion of the Alpha Enhancement that is affected by ED.
  2. Apply ED to this value.
  3. Add the portion of the Alpha Enhancement that is not affected by ED for the total enhancement value.

Examples

Example 1: A character's power slotted with three Recharge Single-Origin Enhancements will have 99.9% increased attack rate pre-ED which becomes approximately 94.9% once ED is applied without the Alpha Slot.

• Slotting a common Spiritual Alpha Slot ability (33% increased attack rate) ignores ED for 16 of its effects but ED is still applied to the remaining 56. The power therefore has a total ED affected enhancement value of 99.9% + 56 * 33% = 127.4% which after ED is approximately 99.1%. The remaining 16 of the Alpha Slot's enhancement is added to this giving a final enhancement value of 99.1% + 16 * 33% = 104.6%
  • Slotting a very rare Spiritual Alpha Slot ability (45% attack rate, stun, and healing) ignores ED for 23 of its effects but ED is still applied to the remaining 13. The power therefore has a total ED affected enhancement value of 99.9% + 13 * 45% = 114.9% which after ED is approximately 97.2%. The remaining 23 of the Alpha Slot's enhancement is added to this giving a final enhancement value of 97.2% + 23 * 45% = 127.2%

Example 2: A character's power slotted with 2 Recharge Single-Origin Enhancements will have 66.6% increased attack rate which since it is less than 70% is not affected by ED so remains at 66.6%.

• Slotting a common Spiritual Alpha Slot ability (33% increased attack rate) ignores ED for 16 of its effects but ED is still applied to the remaining 56. The power therefore has a total ED affected enhancement value of 66.6% + 56 * 33% = 94.1% which, since it is greater than 70% is affected by ED resulting in approximately 90.9% post-ED. The remaining 16 of the Alpha Slot's enhancement is added to this giving a final enhancement value of 90.9% + 16 * 33% = 96.4%
  • Slotting a very rare Spiritual Alpha Slot ability (45% attack rate, stun, and healing) ignores ED for 23 of its effects but ED is still applied to the remaining 13. The power therefore has a total ED affected enhancement value of 66.6% + 13 * 45% = 81.6% which, since it is greater than 70% is affected by ED resulting in approximately 80.4% post-ED. The remaining 23 of the Alpha Slot's enhancement is added to this giving a final enhancement value of 80.4% + 23 * 45% = 110.4%

Hope this is helpful...

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

On 7/6/2020 at 5:43 PM, Sailboat said:

So is the problem with Agility Alpha?  All Agility, or just the one I slotted?

Agility's main attribute is Endurance Modification. Agility Core Boost buffs Endurance Modification and Recharge, while Agility Radial Boost buffs Endurance Modification and Defense.

The textbody of Agility Radial Boost's Description tab incorrectly claims that it's boosting Recharge and Defense. The header correctly says Endurance Modification and Defense though.

(Mids Reborn has copied that mistake btw)