Mind/Savage help request

KaizenSoze

I am enjoying this combination, it has solved my primary issues with my previous dom attempts.

My build plan is mind/savage/ice, but some advice would be greatly appreciated. Just hit level 41.

Pros:

Good on endurance and recharge due to blood frenzy stacks.

Plenty of controls.

Good melee and ranged damage.

Fun even w/o perma dom.

Solos good enough.

Cons:

Too many options. I have been having trouble coming up with a attack rotation.

Struggling with a final build. I have plenty of inf.

I'd use

Levitate, Feral Charge, Vicious Slash, Dominate, Call Hawk, Rending Flurry and Unkindness.

You could also toss out Vicious if you don't want melee, unkindness, or rending. Or toss levitate out of the rotation. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KaizenSoze said:

Thank you kiramon.

I love to melee.

Additional question, I noticed many savage assault build drop,  Maiming Slash.

Doesn't, Maiming Slash, do more damage than Levitate? Or is it all about the Knock up effect?

It's because you have limited slots and don't really need the extra melee, but have to take levitate (or mez :P)

Basically

Sleep>Levitate>Dominate>Caw Caw>Leap in > Rending Flurry > finish with Slash/Call Hawk - adjust based on how you like to play with Rending

Do as much CC as your group/solo warrants. Ya know the drill. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, KaizenSoze said:

Thank you kiramon.

I love to melee.

Additional question, I noticed many savage assault build drop,  Maiming Slash.

Doesn't, Maiming Slash, do more damage than Levitate? Or is it all about the Knock up effect?

It's about :

1: you have to take one of the first two Mind attacks

2: you can use ranged attacks in melee but not melee attacks in range. And Feral Charge is usable even against a single target since it animates fast, as long as you can spare the endurance, while /Savage is short on ranged attacks. So you're better off adding a 3rd ranged attack than a 2nd melee attack... you'll have a full attack chain easily in melee range anyhow, but sometimes (AVs) you may want to stay only at range.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KaizenSoze said:

Other fun questions, Blood Craze vs Hoarfrost.

Better yet- 

Hoarfrost and blood Craze.

Anyways,

Hoarfrost is more for the HP, blood craze for the heal. Blood Craze heal is pretty weak, but you just like... use it. 

58 minutes ago, kiramon said:

Better yet- 

Hoarfrost and blood Craze.

Anyways,

Hoarfrost is more for the HP, blood craze for the heal. Blood Craze heal is pretty weak, but you just like... use it. 

Yes, that sound interesting, but OMG I am slot starved.

Since no one has posted one yet, if I were to build this, I'd do something like this:

mindsavagedom.thumb.png.5ea6b0f7826963ce471fd5c4e32d4b24.png

MindSavageIceDom.mxd

The optimal ST attack chain would be Call Hawk -> Dominate -> Vicious -> Unkindness, for AoE you'd wanna do Unkindness -> Feral Charge -> Rending -> Call Hawk (Using stacks on Call Hawk really does almost nothing at all and is a waste compared to Rending) You can also do Unkindness -> Feral -> Rending -> Vicious if you want to use 5 stacks on Rending on a 2nd rotation.
It's not the best defensively, but you're Mind, put things you can't handle to sleep then stun/confuse/destroy the rest and if you get in trouble you have Hibernate to fall back on. Nerve Radial is also a good Alpha choice.

• Thanks 1

I like the slotting on Unkindness, I like the double -Res IOs. But I would drop some slots (Weave and Tough are options), and put at least the 6th slot into Confusion for a 5% Ranged Defense bonus.

Also, I would prefer to put Coercive into Mass Confusion for two reasons:

1: the +Damage ATO is more useful as part of a rotation used regularly, as you might do to perma-confuse an AV. Using it with Mass Confusion is not very useful because in the spawns where you use MC, you don't need the extra damage as much.

2: more importantly, if you're not going redside where you can get the Villain alignment power that refills your Domination bar, you can use Mass Confusion at the beginning of logging in on a spawn, and get everyone Confuse including Bosses due to Coercive Persuasion cross-firing from multiple victims. That covers you for at least one fight without Domination, and if you're careful you can whittle mobs down to one victim and build up Domination off him, allowing you to build up Domination from your first fight safely and without having to do many shenanigans.

Lastly, I'd push one more slot from Tough into Frozen Armor to softcap... Barrier will also do it, but this covers when Exemplaring. And if you swap the order of Hoarfrost and Frozen Armor, you can keep the high S/L armor when exemplaring down to 39.

• Like 1

On the topic of dropping slots from Tough and Weave and exemplaring, those come much earlier than Frozen Armor and Hoarfrost and Barrier, thus helping you at lvl 20 and 25 taskforce content respectively, possibly even moving Spot Prey into 26 and pushing them both back 2 levels so you can have Tough AND Weave for lvl 20+. I would take slots out of Blood Craze first as it's mainly for global recharge which you can make up for in Call Hawk later. Also Frozen Armor is already hitting ED as is.

As for Confuse and Mass Confusion, their slots are really interchangeable as there's good points for using those procs on either one.

I can help with two of the three choices.  Don't have any experience with Savage though.  

For Mind I like to take Mesmerize, Dominate, Confuse, Total Domination and Mass Confusion at minimum and add a 3 slotted Terrify if room.  I'll kit out Dominate with the full Ascendancy set since this is the control in my attack rotation so the proc buffs my damage.  The 2 confuses I'll put in Malaise into the aoe since I'd doubtless be in the thick of the fight when I need it so the dmg proc is appreciated and the purple set into the ST confuse.  The aoe hold I like to set out 5 of the purple control and add another proc if I have the slots.  Terrify is another layer of control if I need it I'll set 3 of the other ATO with the pet proc which'll just about always fire.  Mesmerize I don't slot except for an Apoc 50+5 dmg IO in case I need the psi dmg and it's another viable control on its own too.  

Ice I doubt I'd take as an epic but I'd take the shield, the heal and hibernate.  The heal I'd put in a full set of Numina, the rest I'd be chasing the most effective bonuses.   

• Like 1