Praetoria, pray tell?

cohRock

I just started playing two days ago and have created 5 characters.  At the end of the character creation, it always asks if I want to play the tutorial.  If I say no, another choice pops up, Hero (Atlas) or Villain (probably Mercy).  If yes, there are three choices, the classic hero tutorial, villain tutorial, and Galaxy City invasion.  There appears to be no way to start a character in Praetoria.  That said, one of my characters started directly there seemingly at random.  I selected I wanted to do the tutorial, and instead of being asked which one, he was sent directly to Praetoria.

Is being born a Praetorian really a random event, or is there a way to force it?

-- Rock

And just in case someone else stumbled upon this thread and would like a visual aide:

image.png.9ed671eb6fb2919c9676a65d7839b3f8.png

On the Origin Tab of Character Creation (green arrow),

Select either the "City of Heroes Freedom" button (purple arrow) to toggle a character who will either be a Paragon City Hero or a Rogue Isle Villain (including the Epic Archetypes for each of those sides, all of which may visit Null the Gull in Pocket D starting as low as level 1 to switch to the Rogue or Vigilante Alignments),

or select the "City of Heroes Going Rogue" button (yellow arrow) to toggle a character who will be a Praetorian (which will allow you to decide between Loyalist or Resistance Factions).

• Like 4
  • Haha 1