Titan Wave - A Water/Will Sentinel I have been playing

umbriel

I don't see many water or willpower around I thought I would post mine and see what everyone thinks about it.  I played this character all the way to 50 with a friend plating a DP/SR Sentinel.  We bounce the attention of AVs between us all the time but mow them down, tons of fun.

Anyway, any feedback would be appreciated.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.1.25
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

• Like 1

So have you used this specific build already?

Hasten could drop a slot and then use +4 boosters in the other two enhancements.  I say could.  What you do with the extra slot is up to you.  

Dehydrate is a solid damage power and having it slotted as just a heal is a little disappointing to see.  However, if this your jam, then totally do it!  

Invisibility is toggled on which makes for misleading defense numbers.  Stealth would be what you run in combat and in the Options -> Configuration -> Effects & Math -> select "Attacked". That'll show you some more realistic numbers.  Still, the typed defenses are quite high here which is good.  Smashing/Lethal/Melee are the weak point.  

I'm one of the unusual folks that actually sees value in Strength of Will.  Hell, I even use it on my Tanker because it covers additional damage types, recovery, and a hell of a lot of status (which is hilarious).  On Sentinels SoW can actually cap your S/L resistance.  You can argue that orange inspirations do the same thing, but then I'll just argue you can use both.  Also, taking it means another mule slot for Unbreakable Guard if you really wanted it.  

Its a decent build though, and you did ask for feedback.  I don't think you really need to change anything if you don't want to, but if I were to change it you can just read the above. 

7 hours ago, oldskool said:

So have you used this specific build already?

I am playing this build right now.  Started from level one and played to 50.   I crafted the build from scratch by using my knowledge of the Willpower set learning Sentinel AT and wanting to try Water Blast.  It's  lots of fun but maybe some tweaks might make it better.

Hasten could drop a slot and then use +4 boosters in the other two enhancements.  I say could.  What you do with the extra slot is up to you.  

I'll give that some thought.  I can think of a place or 2 to use it.  More procs are always fun!

Dehydrate is a solid damage power and having it slotted as just a heal is a little disappointing to see.  However, if this your jam, then totally do it!  

I had it slotted for attack for a while and its a good damage dealer.  But in late game my focus is on my cones and AOEs since I do run around with others much more than solo.

When set for damage I found it harder to keep my Tidal Forces capped when switching attack priority to single target. Using it as a heal keeps me burning Barrier too often, helps me keep Tidal Power maxed out easier and as a situational heal I can better prioritize my inspirations to something other than greens.

I do feel as you do,  maybe some franken-slotting can find a happy medium?  I am going to think on it.

Invisibility is toggled on which makes for misleading defense numbers.  Stealth would be what you run in combat and in the Options -> Configuration -> Effects & Math -> select "Attacked". That'll show you some more realistic numbers.  Still, the typed defenses are quite high here which is good.  Smashing/Lethal/Melee are the weak point.  

I was thinking about that and your right.. Thanks.

I'm one of the unusual folks that actually sees value in Strength of Will.  Hell, I even use it on my Tanker because it covers additional damage types, recovery, and a hell of a lot of status (which is hilarious).  On Sentinels SoW can actually cap your S/L resistance.  You can argue that orange inspirations do the same thing, but then I'll just argue you can use both.  Also, taking it means another mule slot for Unbreakable Guard if you really wanted it.  

I am too.. I had it and slotted it with Unbreakable too.  But I got rid of it after I got my T4 Barrier incarnate. After that it seemed some of it was redundant so instead I muled the LotG in Invisibility and used the slots to improve positional defenses using the Gaussian's in Tidal Forces and get a little extra damage.

Its a decent build though, and you did ask for feedback.  I don't think you really need to change anything if you don't want to, but if I were to change it you can just read the above. 

I love the feedback.  I have much respect for you opinion.  Thanks.  I am an old school tanker guy myself from Victory so I have much love for your defensive advise.

I also posted this as I though Water Blast and Wllpower needed some more love in the Sentinel forum.

Umby

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, umbriel said:

I do feel as you do,  maybe some franken-slotting can find a happy medium?  I am going to think on

Maybe move my set from Hydro Blast into Dehydrate an do a 5 piece Devastation with the Build up proc from Decimation in its place? 

Umby

Edited by umbriel

• 2 months later

Removing stealth would work fine.   I use it for the small defense buff it gives and the added cover it grants to super speeds Stealth.

You can go up the Body Mastery set for more regeneration/recovery  if you can find a second power you don’t like.  Or Maneuvers toggle for more defense but make sure you can deal with the End costs.

I have also seen Mu Mastery in builds to add more attacks.  Ball Lightning is amazing.

I play this character just like its speced.   It was built through game play so it may not be optimal but it’s still a good build.  Please feel free to play with it.  I am interested in hearing what you come up with.

Umby

• 10 months later

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Water/Will. lol. Then I picked up Frostbite from Ice Mastery to keep the bad  guys away from me. And it goes with my character too. So much fun, and all I have is level 53 enhancements, no sets yet. Fun, even BEFORE sets or even invention enhancements. I CAN NOT WAIT till I get sets in there. I'm working on that right now. So hyped.

Edited by damnimgood