Is playing as Villain a bad idea for non-soloers?

deastr

I've played CoH before the CoV was out so I started as a villain this time. The problem is that hero side seems to be like 5x times more populated and I like to do group stuff in MMOs more than soloing. Do you think I'll be fine finding people to do group stuff like Strike Forces or should I just switch to heroes while I'm still at start?

It's possible but more difficult to find teams redside. What it takes is a lot of flexibility. Teams are going to be oddball in terms of levels and ATs a lot of the time. I can usually find at least a couple people to team up with but nothing like blue side.

I would try to global friend whoever I could. You could even ask in the forum for whatever server you play on for people who play red side. A bit of networking will go along way.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Now that we have our influence issues taken care of, my crew will definitely over there. What we learned from  playing before was that we only wanted to suffer Influence issues the very first time through, then every character we own benefits.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

I would try to global friend whoever I could. You could even ask in the forum for whatever server you play on for people who play red side. A bit of networking will go along way.

This. If you team with someone and enjoy it, try friending them. I've noticed that over time you end up running into the same people over and over since red side is much smaller.

It's easy to swap sides these days. Talk to the Null the gull on the truck in Pocket D. You can swap back whenever you want.

At what level can you do this?

1 AFAIK.

Correct, it's one. Just have to make your way to Pocket D and Null will do anything for free at level 1. Also a good idea to set mystic fortune preferences while you're there.