PBAOE attack for Stone Melee

Charistoph

Okay, I've remade my main from NCServers to being a Shield/Stone Tanker.  One problem with the Stone from its Energy Melee version is the lack of an area attack before the end.  I'm trying to think of a good area attack I could get to help me effectively hit a group of people, but I'm a bit stymied.  I have Sands, of course, but needless to say I can't slot it.

Any thoughts in the range of 16-20?

Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

They called me crazy? They called me insane? THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Well, if your missing the AOE from ~Energy Melee~ (a set not known for its AOE), we should be able to find something good enough to hold you over until Shield Charge comes online at 26 and Tremor at 35.

Obviously, this means power pools.  Shield tanks often look at the fighting pool (tough, weave) and the leaping pool (combat jumping) or both.

My initial thought is going with Spring Attack - Lvl 14 - with 3 DOs and during Hasten, recharge will be down to 1 minute.  Thats - not great, but it will definitely help with groups.

Just remember to walk in and saturate your Against All Odds (taken at 20) before hitting leap attack... if you trigger the leap attack outside the target group, I dont think you get the AOO bonus (I may be wrong).

The other option would be to go into the Fighting pool and get Cross PUnch - lower damage, much lower recharge, but Ive not had as much experience with it.

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

I'm already taking Leaping, so Spring Attack would fit in, but I wasn't so sure about it.  I hadn't had a chance to play around with it all before Sunset, so it's rather new to me.

And I was speaking of my character being a Stone Melee version versus his Energy Melee version.

Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

They called me crazy? They called me insane? THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.