Can I have an ally meet me at the door?

ineffablebob

I'm trying to set up a mission with an ally that starts the mission with you, kinda like some of the Praetorian arcs do. I've created an Ally and set it to spawn single (so no enemies) and Front location. But the ally always seems to spawn somewhere on the first floor other than the entrance room, usually after a few mob groups. Is there a way to have the ally start right by the mission entrance?

No. Short answer. Longer answer? It's doable but you need a tiny map and even then it doesn't always work, you have to trial and error each map for spawns. Also do walk the maps as well as just looking at them on the AE creator. The spawn points you see don't always line up and the ones in the actual map space (that you walk in) are the ones that matter.

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

5 hours ago, Darmian said:

No. Short answer. Longer answer? It's doable but you need a tiny map and even then it doesn't always work, you have to trial and error each map for spawns. Also do walk the maps as well as just looking at them on the AE creator. The spawn points you see don't always line up and the ones in the actual map space (that you walk in) are the ones that matter.

How do you walk the map and see spawn points? It's always been trial and error for me, but I'm no expert on the AE. 

Just pick your map, set size and don't pick random. Set enemy to empty, make sure you have temporary filler text in the five text bars that are essential (not the additional text stuff),  give yourself one collectible as an objective and set it to spawn at the back. Then save and test. Just step into the map after accepting the Mish from the contact hologram and when you are inside bring up the mini map as you walk around. This mini map often diverges from the one on the creator outside. So make a note of what's what and so on. To speed things up you can choose "Go to next objective" from architect options and you'll be teleported to the glowie, and you can compare its location to the spawn point on the mini map. And walking the maps can inspire ideas you might not have considered just by choosing one from the drop-down menu. With your choice of an ally, instead of a collectible set add ally, set their appearance to front with no guards, then walk in again. Compare their position to the ally spawn point on the mini map. It's tedious but it can be done.

Edited by Darmian

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

I can tell you right now that the Office Flooded Set/Medium/Office - Flooded Set 2 will work for this because I've done this exact thing for the very first mission of my AE series. The ally mission goal is set to none, surrounding enemy group is empty and placement is front.

Admittedly you may not WANT a flooded office!

Thanks, D. I was afraid that was the answer but thought I'd ask anyway! It's not a deal-breaker for the story to have the ally somewhere else on the first floor. Maybe I'll just have her say something about how she got a little lost but is ready to go now!

It can get a little tiresome finding narrative reasons as to why an ally is either so far ahead of the player or just plain captured. Though I did come up with one I was very pleased with.