Pain Domination question please help

Bigimpin2

Im interested in building a /pain domination corruptor as i have never played the set. I plan on soloing or duoing with a good buddy of mine. The thing that always keeps me from playing a corruptor is the lack of mez protection/get out of jail free. I am hoping that I can use the Enforced Morale power in the pain domination set as mez protection for myself. It is basically clear mind from the empathy set, but in a PBAOE toggle. I would assume that you get to benefit from the buff and gain the mez protection. However, after looking in mids i am greatly concerned that the mez protection is granted to ONLY allys around you, and not yourself as well. Does anyone with experience playing the set know the answer to whether it grants you the mez protection, or not or just your allys around you? THANKS in advance this will be key in my decision making :) 

46 minutes ago, Bigimpin2 said:

"I am hoping that I can use the Enforced Morale power in the pain domination set as mez protection for myself."

From the wiki, "Ally +Recharge, +Resistance(Disorient, Hold, Sleep, Immobilize, Fear, Confusion, Slow) " Frees an ally from any Disorient, Hold, Sleep, Fear, Confuse and Immobilize effects and leaves them resistant to such effects for a good while.

It only affects the target ally, not the caster, just like Clear Mind in Empathy. You will gain no mez protection for yourself from this.

Excelsior Server: Giovanni Valia, Operative Velez, Fortunata Valeri, LongFang Mercer

SG: Shades of Arachnos; 315-6811

Haven't played Pain since Live (and well before Sunset at that) but iirc it's pretty much a clone of Clear Mind ... you won't benefit.  Consider the Sorcery pool, specifically Rune of Protection.  I'm unable to get in game or verify at this time but I believe you can use it while mezzed to free yourself from what it protects against.

a follow up question for anyone with knowledge. the mez protect benefits from dispersion bubble from force field, and sonic dispersion from the sonic resonance set, would either of them be enough to grant legitimate mez protection? if not, what if two of them were stacked? would that grant full mez protection? i see mids says each gives like 6.25 

Short answer, yes both should prevent you from being mezzed by hold, immobilize and stun (aka disorient).  Yes afaik they should stack, as well as stack with other mez protection powers.

Longer answer, mez also stacks measured in its magnitude (i.e. mag).  If magnitude exceeds protection then you're mezzed.  Resistance shortens the duration of the mez (iirc).  Most attacks due 3 mag or less per attack.  AVs with purple triangles showing up have 50 points of protection except notably against Immobilize and sleep ... which is why it's rare to see AVs held while the PToD (Purple Triangles of Death) are up.  It takes a lot of stacked holds to get passed 50 protection. 

13 hours ago, dmhealy25 said:

a follow up question for anyone with knowledge. the mez protect benefits from dispersion bubble from force field, and sonic dispersion from the sonic resonance set, would either of them be enough to grant legitimate mez protection? if not, what if two of them were stacked? would that grant full mez protection? i see mids says each gives like 6.25 

Well FF bubble gives you like ... 10.38 on Cor.  Tanker stuff is 12.98. 

It sounds like the set you're looking for is Electric Affinity. Its bubble doesnt travel with you and has to be recast, but since you can cast it while mezzed that isn't usually a huge deal. That bubble is the best AoE anti mezz in the game, protecting against all forms of mezz, and even knockback.

Electric has some other peculiarities to get used to. I personally think it works best on a Controller or Mastermind, but you can make it work on a Corruptor. If you're going to be playing on a small team you're in the best possible environment for this set. It has some huge bonuses your teammate will love you for, and you'll get the mezz protection you want.

Edited by oedipus_tex