Any experienced Ice / Rad Dominators?

SmokenBongs

Hello All!

A friend recently got me into COH Homecoming after learning that I played back in the day and I'm super excited to rejoin! I've got an idea for a Ice / Rad power set Dominator, but I'm unsure of how to build him. 

Are there any experienced Dominators that have played those power sets together? 

Does anyone have any strong opinions on why any alternate secondary power would be better for ice?

Any tips and / or build shares are greatly appreciated!

Edited by SmokenBongs
spelling

I don't have a lot of experience with /Rad, but I have a lot with Ice\.

This will be a difficult Dominator to play. Ice Control is probably the weakest of the Dominator Control sets. I say this with some sadness as someone who used to main an Ice/Fire Dom.

If you strongly want to play Ice Control, I recommend /Psi as your secondary. Psi has Drain Psyche, which will allow you to tank through the damage that will be thrown your way playing Ice Control. Also, the -Recharge in Psi stacks with Ice and will floor enemies, somewhat slowing their ability to fire at you.

7 hours ago, oedipus_tex said:

I don't have a lot of experience with /Rad, but I have a lot with Ice\.

This will be a difficult Dominator to play. Ice Control is probably the weakest of the Dominator Control sets. I say this with some sadness as someone who used to main an Ice/Fire Dom.

If you strongly want to play Ice Control, I recommend /Psi as your secondary. Psi has Drain Psyche, which will allow you to tank through the damage that will be thrown your way playing Ice Control. Also, the -Recharge in Psi stacks with Ice and will floor enemies, somewhat slowing their ability to fire at you.

I like my ice/psi in that it was functional: unfortunately; it really didn’t “do much” actively, aside from use psi assault— since Ice is so, well, simple. Ergh. 

it worked, it was fun... but my Grav/Dark or Grav/Sav are just so much more engaging; it’s night and day. 

Maybe it's people's builds that determine if Ice is weak however I can't see it. I have grav/, ice/ and earth/ doms i use mainly and I honestly never see my ice/ dom under performing. Slows, aoes, holds, is really all you need. Plus a perma kd which you can leave it 1 slotted. And an aoe confuse. I can literally go in melee range and still hold my own. Jack does an amazing job doing dam first and focusing on holds and immobs later.  /Rad for me range wise seems like it lacks damage. Melee on the other hand it looks great. If I would to use the two I would make a melee build which is very doable with Ice/ since your pet Jack loves to stay in melee range anyway. 

Edited by mbre2006

Statistically, I like Martial, Earth, Psy, and Ice as secondaries for Ice Control.

Psy and Ice add more -Recharge to come closer to the Recharge floor for mobs.

Martial or Earth stacks the Knockdown so that combined with Ice Slick mobs are constantly going down, and it's melee/short range-focused which works well for a primary that likes to fight on its Ice Slick.