I think you could make two small changes to Dark Armor to make it fit in better with the more modern and versatile armor sets.

20 hours ago, chi1701 said:

lol no they dont, since i primarily play a peace-bringer, its always, ive played that class but didnt like the constant form swapping so gave up. First impressions are always what happens. People want the easy option, not interested in putting hard work into anything. Plus no one is interested in class balance, mainly because people are comfortable right now that they have chosen the flavour of the month/year.

Hard disagree.  Some people put themselves in a box and never leave it until forced and if you push them out of that box they take their ball and go home.  Example: most of the fire tankers who left the game after ED bitter.  Most good players (players who are willing to learn and adjust) will find a new equilibrium and excel in each new state of the game.  Improvise, Adapt, Overcome.

Doesn't matter if your mechanical skill is a little lower.  If someone is a 20% less good player mechanically and learns 20% better then they are a 50% better player than someone the other way around.  Because the other person is a solid team mate if/when they are in their comfort zone and the moment builds change or the situation gets out of control they tend to fall apart.  I've seen this in PVE, I've seen this in raiding, I've seen this in PVP.  For 20 years.  You can watch this happen rapidly in highly competitive games like MOBAs where teams will have 1-2 patches they are good at and then fade away when the meta changes while others remain dominant meta to meta.

Also, honestly, if first impressions mattered that much then COH wouldn't still be so beloved by us today.  Alot of us played before the streakbreaker code, before -def debuff resists, before IOs and a viable endgame via incarnate, the fitness pool was purchased via power pool selection, etc.  The current state and the last 2 years before sunset of COH are drastically different from the far rougher state that game built it's name on.  Much of the polish and high end game play only happened towards the end of the game's live life.   We couldn't even customize power colors for most of the game's life because the colors were baked in. No AE and no Radio/Paper missions back then either :D.  The game pre-ED where there was only really room for 1 Tank or 1 Controller on a team.  Posittron TF being a death arc that was so long I fell asleep in the middle of it once and got razzed for like a week by my friends for haha.

First impressions only matter that much for people who give up easily and want easy answers to game problems.  They will float from meta build to meta build as they get nerfed and, while the build is good, they hold their own.  But then when not in that comfort zone their lack of experimentation and understanding of game mechanics and possibility space shows pretty heavily.  If you're only a good player when things are under control and within expectations then you're not a good player :P.  It's a learned skill and to learn it you have to be bad at it for a while and that means it's not easy (because failing is part of learning) and work sometimes has to be put in to learn.

Edited by Ralathar44
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, BrandX said:

I'm curious to see this build, as I've never seen this.  Or is it, it was something akin to Katana/Regen, so it had Parry to carry it?

That would be how my bs/regen does it. Though with a heavy investment in global recharge, you will end up with mog avail around every min or so, making it useful to use both as a opening super buff to close in and negate initial enemy alphas, and will be up again by the time mobs if facing huge numbers start to stress your healing ime. Still Dark/regen is far far more effective as a optimal pairing.

7 hours ago, chi1701 said:

Ive seen what regen can do on scrappers, could never really build one, but he had a batter tank/dps than my pb in dwarf form with capped resists.

lol at a dwarf. You do know a pure human perma lightform build has capped resistances without any other toggles being used, and deals out way way way more dmg then the lobster form can ever hope to right?

So far your only giving me reason to think even less of any suggestion or idea you have about these kind of topics. Even if you are not a meta gamer, you need to be able to think and build like one to actually have a good finger on the pulse of something enough to have a valid idea of what needs to be looked at for possible fine tuning.

3 hours ago, chi1701 said:

Honestly cant remember his primary. Katana is a good set for regen and and was good choice back on live.

Thats some good memory and info your giving to make your case a regen you kinda remember but cant even recall his primary, but he was like out tanking your lobster and out dpsing him, something literally every scrapper can do no matter their build if played remotely competently.

While a tri form build can be a fun flavor gimmick build, it has never been a true meta build not for PB anyways. Shades are abit of a different story on that aspect of the kheldian nature.

This is because a lobster cant out tank a real tank, let alone a tanky scrapper or brute. And its Nova that is their DPS form, and that is still leagues behind blasters and other DPS builds again including scrappers and brutes. And well truth is since the tnak buffing, even normal tanks are giving way better dps then the average lobster can.

The forms really in general while a cool idea, just didnt really ever work well in actual practice. And is likely why I know a whole whopping 1 tri form shade and the rest of the kheldies I know on everlasting are all human pure that abhor the forms on every level.

14 minutes ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

Thats some good memory and info your giving to make your case a regen you kinda remember but cant even recall his primary, but he was like out tanking your lobster and out dpsing him, something literally every scrapper can do no matter their build if played remotely competently.

While a tri form build can be a fun flavor gimmick build, it has never been a true meta build not for PB anyways. Shades are abit of a different story on that aspect of the kheldian nature.

This is because a lobster cant out tank a real tank, let alone a tanky scrapper or brute. And its Nova that is their DPS form, and that is still leagues behind blasters and other DPS builds again including scrappers and brutes. And well truth is since the tnak buffing, even normal tanks are giving way better dps then the average lobster can.

The forms really in general while a cool idea, just didnt really ever work well in actual practice. And is likely why I know a whole whopping 1 tri form shade and the rest of the kheldies I know on everlasting are all human pure that abhor the forms on every level.

Squid form is useful for very low level where you get very early access to copious AOE for teams.  Separate cooldowns for squid AOE and human AOE adds to this.  Used at the correct times it's a huge benefit during early leveling curve.  But later on in the life cycle of that same PB forms definitely seem to be more flavor than function.  TBH I'd say there should prolly be a feedback thread on whether the PB forms are competitive and what can be done to make them more appealing.

Edited by Ralathar44

5 hours ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

Considering it was last year when I last played with that player, you expect me to remember? My pb has gone through several changes and is a different build now than it was before. I agree, tanks are way better dps than Keldian Dwarf form, but any suggestions of increasing damage of either dwarf or nova is simply a no by the community, because tanks cant turn into blaster and blasters cant become more resilient melee class. Warshades tend to be tri form for double mires.

But tbh, I can never see any buffs to a PB given that its something no body wants to happen.