New to Control ATs - Advice needed

Argent Aegis

I've played on both on Live and HC casually since real life has always limited time online.  I have generally always gravitated to playing the melee ATs since it seems that it is fast and furious from the start.  I should also mention that I have a tendency to play solo since I seem to play in short bursts when I have the break from RL.  

My play style shows with the ATs I have stuck with.  I have a Brute Rad/Fire farmer (fun to play but used more for funds and rarely leaves AE), TW/Bio Scrapper (soo much fun but not team friendly with the need to start momentum), and I even branched out to a ranged Water/Ice Blaster all at 50+ (great fun with KD & slows, my badger and plays most content).  I now want something that kind of combines the joy of getting in the mix like my Brute, damage like my Scrapper, and controls like my Blaster.  This has led me to checking into a Dominator or a Controller.  I've tinkered with a Controller and I just have a hard time keeping my interest beyond the beginning levels.  Dominator looks like fun and fast and furious, but I don't really know much about them and their potential having never played them. 

What kind of Dominator would the experienced players recommend to level up with given my above experience?  I am all for learning new active playstyles, I just want know which power sets work best to give a fun and increasingly powerful ride to 50 and beyond.  I will play this out with little PL and will want to exemp down even when I get to 50.   I would like to be able to run higher difficulty and larger groups as well as taking on bosses/AV/GM. 

Thanks for all advice and guidance.

Water Damage - Water/Ice Blaster

Atom Bum -  Rad/Fire Brute
Abyssal - Titan Weapon/Bio Scrapper
Razer's Edge - Katana/Bio Brute

Generally, the AT suggests an active level of engagement, jumping in and out of melee range. The damage secondaries pair cone and pbaoe attacks with a blend of range and melee single target abilities. For primaries, fire, ice, and elec each have pbaoe auras and lean towards being in melee. Of the three, fire does more damage innately. The aura (hot feet) adds good damage and promotes being in melee. And bonfire with proc is a fantastic level of mitigation. Plant - with seeds of confusion - is brutal until you run into mobs resistant to confusion. But plant is powerful very, very early since seeds arrives at level 8. If you hate pets, mind runs without a level 32 pet. 

For secondaries, anything /psi tends towards promoting an up-close-and-personal playstyle, almost entirely due to Drain Psyche (Level 20 ability). To +Regen mitigates a lot of incoming damage. This also addresses one of the weaknesses of the AT generally (almost no primary or secondary mitigation beyond controls). Similarly, /dark has a heal in life drain. Fire, like most ATs, has quick damage (but oddly relatively crappy AoEs). I don’t have personal experience with savage or energy (heard good things though), so I’ll leave that for someone else to comment upon. 

Im sure you’ve read through the forums here. It’s worth stressing that building a dom is (for high level, min/max play) recharge all the way. Many follow with a focus on either soft capping S/L or range defense. The protective benefits of permadom is very seductive (mez protection mainly, followed distantly by increased mag of controls). With Barrier’s tier 4 persistent buff, it’s possible to softcap to both S/L AND range for regular, non-incarnate content. But that’s a very tight build and not as conducive to exemplering at lower levels. 

Based on your criteria, I’d recommend plant with either psy or fire. If you want to as much debt as a Legacy blaster, try fire/fire!

• Thanks 1

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

Part of my answer depends on how you want to play. There's a play philosophy I call "sandbox" where truly any combo is viable. Then there is the more competitive, results oriented play where some sets perform much better than others.

Plant Control is my recommendation for the Dom newbie. It's AoE immobilize does x2 as much damage as any other set, so from the start you're dealing much more damage than other Dominators. The advantages just pile on from there; huge damage from procced out Carrion Creepers, incredibly quick recharge from Seeds of Confusion.

You can pretty much pair any secondary with Plant, but some are stronger than others. /Fire or /Psi would likely be the strongest picks but a few others aren't bad.

I would personally avoid the more melee-oriented sets. Earth Assault, Radiation Assault, Electric Assault. You can make it work and they provide decent damage, but you will always be a low hit point, mostly unarmored squishy without reliable self heals. It works for some content but an Archvillain will completely shrug off your controls.  

Thorny and Electric are probably my least favorite of the Assault sets. Honestly don't think I've ever seen a level 50 Dominator with either set, tho I'm sure they exist. Electric's endurance drain is worthless unless you're Electric Control, but Electric Control doesn't pair especially well with Electric Assault, so.... And as for Thorny, it may be neat looking, but the animations are unforgiving and the powers do not offer enough to warrant this choice for me.

One of the decision points for any Dominator is looking at the build and then looking at a comparable Controller. Controllers are force multipliers who increase the efficiency of the whole team, so if you can build a Controller with comparable damage and control to the Dominator, you've eclipsed it. This is mostly an issue for Gravity Dominators. With Plant, usually the Dominator can justify its existence. However you may still want to look at Plant/Kinetics builds, which dish enormous damage and significantly outdamage many Dominators while adding team utility and often being safer to play. 

4 hours ago, oedipus_tex said:

Part of my answer depends on how you want to play. There's a play philosophy I call "sandbox" where truly any combo is viable. Then there is the more competitive, results oriented play where some sets perform much better than others.

Plant Control is my recommendation for the Dom newbie. It's AoE immobilize does x2 as much damage as any other set, so from the start you're dealing much more damage than other Dominators. The advantages just pile on from there; huge damage from procced out Carrion Creepers, incredibly quick recharge from Seeds of Confusion.

You can pretty much pair any secondary with Plant, but some are stronger than others. /Fire or /Psi would likely be the strongest picks but a few others aren't bad.

I would personally avoid the more melee-oriented sets. Earth Assault, Radiation Assault, Electric Assault. You can make it work and they provide decent damage, but you will always be a low hit point, mostly unarmored squishy without reliable self heals. It works for some content but an Archvillain will completely shrug off your controls.  

Thorny and Electric are probably my least favorite of the Assault sets. Honestly don't think I've ever seen a level 50 Dominator with either set, tho I'm sure they exist. Electric's endurance drain is worthless unless you're Electric Control, but Electric Control doesn't pair especially well with Electric Assault, so.... And as for Thorny, it may be neat looking, but the animations are unforgiving and the powers do not offer enough to warrant this choice for me.

One of the decision points for any Dominator is looking at the build and then looking at a comparable Controller. Controllers are force multipliers who increase the efficiency of the whole team, so if you can build a Controller with comparable damage and control to the Dominator, you've eclipsed it. This is mostly an issue for Gravity Dominators. With Plant, usually the Dominator can justify its existence. However you may still want to look at Plant/Kinetics builds, which dish enormous damage and significantly outdamage many Dominators while adding team utility and often being safer to play. 

1. I have an electric/thorns at 50/incarnates, which totally doesn’t work lol well it does but it definitely doesn’t “jive” with itself. Lol I don’t think any set really does, but a sleep-oriented one definitely doesn’t lol. Maybe one day I’ll do a dark/thorns or an earth/thorns... 

2. plant is the way to go, honestly... fire, psi or savage... savage is pretty great and really strong. And super fun. 

Gave myself a Dark/Thorns makeover...  little sad that it's just short of ranged def... >: (

Spoiler

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Natural Dominator
Primary Power Set: Darkness Control
Secondary Power Set: Thorny Assault
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Dark Grasp -- SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprAscoft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(5), SprAscoft-EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(11), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(13)
Level 1: Thorny Darts -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Skewer -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg(15), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(15), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(17), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17)
Level 4: Fling Thorns -- PstBls-Dam%(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(42), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(43), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(43), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(43)
Level 6: Possess -- CrcPrs-Conf(A), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(7), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(7), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(9), CrcPrs-Conf%(9), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(11)
Level 8: Fearsome Stare -- SphIns-%ToHit(A), SphIns-ToHitDeb(46), SphIns-Acc/ToHitDeb(48), SphIns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(48), SphIns-Acc/Rchg(48)
Level 10: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(42)
Level 12: Heart of Darkness -- CldSns-%Dam(A), CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(36), CldSns-Acc/Rchg(50), CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(50)
Level 14: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 16: Build Up -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Haunt -- BldMnd-Acc/Dmg(A), BldMnd-Dmg/EndRdx(19), BldMnd-Acc(19), BldMnd-Dmg(21), BldMnd-Acc/EndRdx(21), BldMnd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(23)
Level 20: Thorn Burst -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg(31), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(34), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(36)
Level 22: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(23)
Level 24: Weave -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(25), RedFrt-Def(25), RedFrt-EndRdx(27), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(27), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(29)
Level 26: Shadow Field -- BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(A), BslGaz-Acc/Hold(29), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(31), BslGaz-Slow%(31)
Level 28: Tactics -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 30: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Umbra Beast -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(33), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(33), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(34), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(34)
Level 35: Ripper -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(37), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(37), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), FrcFdb-Rechg%(50)
Level 38: Thorn Barrage -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(39), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Apc-Dam%(40), FrcFdb-Rechg%(40)
Level 41: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(42)
Level 44: Scorpion Shield -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(45), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(45), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(45), RedFrt-Def(46), RedFrt-EndRdx(46)
Level 47: Personal Force Field -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Domination 
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(3)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(3)
Level 50: Cardiac Core Paragon 
Level 50: Reactive Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Support Core Embodiment 
------------
------------
Set Bonus Totals:

• 19% DamageBuff(Smashing)
  • 19% DamageBuff(Lethal)
  • 19% DamageBuff(Fire)
  • 19% DamageBuff(Cold)
  • 19% DamageBuff(Energy)
  • 19% DamageBuff(Negative)
  • 19% DamageBuff(Toxic)
  • 19% DamageBuff(Psionic)
  • 12.25% Defense(Smashing)
  • 12.25% Defense(Lethal)
  • 9.75% Defense(Fire)
  • 9.75% Defense(Cold)
  • 19.44% Defense(Energy)
  • 19.44% Defense(Negative)
  • 6% Defense(Psionic)
  • 12.88% Defense(Melee)
  • 29.13% Defense(Ranged)
  • 10.69% Defense(AoE)
  • 2.25% Max End
  • 4% Enhancement(Stunned)
  • 63% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  • 4% Enhancement(Held)
  • 4.4% Enhancement(Terrorized)
  • 8% Enhancement(Confused)
  • 8% Enhancement(Sleep)
  • 8% Enhancement(Immobilized)
  • 116.3% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  • 13.5% SpeedFlying
  • 30.52 HP (3%) HitPoints
  • 13.5% JumpHeight
  • 13.5% SpeedJumping
  • MezResist(Confused) 53.75%
  • MezResist(Held) 53.75%
  • MezResist(Immobilized) 53.75%
  • MezResist(Sleep) 53.75%
  • MezResist(Stunned) 53.75%
  • MezResist(Terrorized) 53.75%
  • MezResist(Teleport) 100% (20% chance)
  • 24% (0.4 End/sec) Recovery
  • 36% (1.53 HP/sec) Regeneration
  • 15% ResEffect(SpeedFlying)
  • 15% ResEffect(RechargeTime)
  • 15% ResEffect(SpeedRunning)
  • 13% Resistance(Smashing)
  • 13% Resistance(Lethal)
  • 35.5% Resistance(Fire)
  • 35.5% Resistance(Cold)
  • 13.75% Resistance(Energy)
  • 13.75% Resistance(Negative)
  • 10% Resistance(Toxic)
  • 10% Resistance(Psionic)
  • 13.5% SpeedRunning

Edited by kiramon
  • Thanks 1

Plant is the way to go for someone coming from melee, because you throw Seeds and then you go to town with attacks.

I like Savage with Plant since it allows you to change distances pretty well, and also Thorns because a set that does -Def works great paired with a set that depends on Confuse effects. Also, Thorns is really AoE-heavy, and mixed with Plant it should be able to eat through large spawns at very good speed. Single-target may be a bit low, but clearing spawns should be top notch.

• Thanks 1

I'll third the opinions that Savage is one of the stronger sets. The T9 kamikaze bird power is great. 

Also, I mentioned force multipliers and that Dominators generally are not this category. There's one glaring exception though: x/Psi/Ice builds. Drain Psyche in Psi and Sleet in the Ice APP pack an excellent debuff package. 

I have an unverified theory that Plant/Psi/Ice Dominator is one of the strongest builds in the game for all around utility while still packing excellent control and AoE damage and having extremely high survivability. The only thing it lacks is single target damage... which, admittedly is a difficult thing to lack.  

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the replies.  I have read posts by all of you in the various forums and appreciate all the information here and there.

Sounds like I will have to try Plant for sure.  I'll look at mids for Psi and Savage.  I'm hesitant about thorns, since my first ever 50 on Live was a Spines/Regen Scrap and I really loathed the bananas and the sound (I know that the look is probably customizable, but after the long slog in the early live days, the sounds still makes my eye twitch).   And with Oedipus_Tex's point on Controllers, maybe I will also give a Plant/Kin a go.  I may need to use the 2 XP to get me past the lean levels though.  I want the damage, I want the controls, and I don't want to see my character kissing floor.  So maybe after pushing through using Plants, I may have a better idea.

Now on to come up with a cool costume and slightly clever and ironic name.....

13 minutes ago, Argent Aegis said:

Thanks for all the replies.  I have read posts by all of you in the various forums and appreciate all the information here and there.

Sounds like I will have to try Plant for sure.  I'll look at mids for Psi and Savage.  I'm hesitant about thorns, since my first ever 50 on Live was a Spines/Regen Scrap and I really loathed the bananas and the sound (I know that the look is probably customizable, but after the long slog in the early live days, the sounds still makes my eye twitch).   And with Oedipus_Tex's point on Controllers, maybe I will also give a Plant/Kin a go.  I may need to use the 2 XP to get me past the lean levels though.  I want the damage, I want the controls, and I don't want to see my character kissing floor.  So maybe after pushing through using Plants, I may have a better idea.

Now on to come up with a cool costume and slightly clever and ironic name.....

Here's what I use on mine... which is pretty ahem beast.  You can't really ever appreciate a sub-3second recharge Feral charge... and it procs FF like crazy...  Between confusion, carrion creepers, charge, and hawk... well, your damage is just insane. Like, insane. Like, 3+ people try to add me to friends whenever I play it type insane... It is a CLEAR standout on teams... (But that's mostly plant, followed up with savage which is just, well, savage, in terms of gameplay).

Spoiler

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10

Level 50 Mutation Dominator
Primary Power Set: Plant Control
Secondary Power Set: Savage Assault
Ancillary Pool: Ice Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Strangler -- SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprAscoft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(5), SprAscoft-EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(7), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(9)
Level 1: Call Swarm -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Roots -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(25), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(29), PstBls-Dam%(50), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(50), SprDmnGrs-Rchg/Fiery Orb(50)
Level 4: Vicious Slash -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(43), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(46), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), Mk'Bit-Dam%(46)
Level 6: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 8: Seeds of Confusion -- CrcPrs-Conf(A), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(9), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(11), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(19), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(19), CrcPrs-Conf%(25)
Level 10: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 12: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(13)
Level 14: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(15)
Level 16: Spot Prey -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Vines -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(39), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(39), BslGaz-Slow%(40)
Level 20: Unkindness -- Rgn-Knock%(A), Rgn-Dmg(21), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(21), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(23), AchHee-ResDeb%(48)
Level 22: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(43), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(48)
Level 24: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Carrion Creepers -- PstBls-Dam%(A), JvlVll-Dam%(27), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(27), TraoftheH-Dam%(29), RechRdx-I(31), ExpStr-Dam%(48)
Level 28: Blood Craze -- Prv-Heal/EndRdx(A), Prv-Heal(31), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(31), Prv-Heal/Rchg(34), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(37), Prv-Absorb%(37)
Level 30: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(34), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(34), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(42), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(42), GssSynFr--Build%(42)
Level 32: Fly Trap -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(33), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(33), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(13), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(11)
Level 35: Call Hawk -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(36), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(36), Apc-Dam%(36), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Dcm-Build%(43)
Level 38: Feral Charge -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg(39), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(40), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(15), FrcFdb-Rechg%(17)
Level 41: Sleet -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A)
Level 44: Frozen Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(45), LucoftheG-Def(45), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(45)
Level 47: Hibernate -- SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(A)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Domination 
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(3)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(3)
Level 50: Cardiac Core Paragon 
Level 1: Blood Frenzy 
------------
------------
Set Bonus Totals:

• 20.5% DamageBuff(Smashing)
  • 20.5% DamageBuff(Lethal)
  • 20.5% DamageBuff(Fire)
  • 20.5% DamageBuff(Cold)
  • 20.5% DamageBuff(Energy)
  • 20.5% DamageBuff(Negative)
  • 20.5% DamageBuff(Toxic)
  • 20.5% DamageBuff(Psionic)
  • 8.5% Defense(Melee)
  • 7.25% Defense(Smashing)
  • 7.25% Defense(Lethal)
  • 7.25% Defense(Fire)
  • 7.25% Defense(Cold)
  • 18.19% Defense(Energy)
  • 18.19% Defense(Negative)
  • 6% Defense(Psionic)
  • 26.63% Defense(Ranged)
  • 8.5% Defense(AoE)
  • 4% Enhancement(Held)
  • 3.75% Enhancement(Max EnduranceDiscount)
  • 8% Enhancement(Sleep)
  • 116.3% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  • 63% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  • 15% SpeedFlying
  • GrantPower Preventive Medicine (10% chance, if Scourge)
  • 95.38 HP (9.38%) HitPoints
  • 15% JumpHeight
  • 15% SpeedJumping
  • MezResist(Confused) 43.75%
  • MezResist(Held) 43.75%
  • MezResist(Immobilized) 43.75%
  • MezResist(Sleep) 43.75%
  • MezResist(Stunned) 43.75%
  • MezResist(Terrorized) 43.75%
  • 19% (0.32 End/sec) Recovery
  • 46% (1.95 HP/sec) Regeneration
  • 21% Resistance(Smashing)
  • 21% Resistance(Lethal)
  • 32.25% Resistance(Fire)
  • 32.25% Resistance(Cold)
  • 16.5% Resistance(Energy)
  • 16.5% Resistance(Negative)
  • 16.5% Resistance(Toxic)
  • 16.5% Resistance(Psionic)
  • 30% SpeedRunning

Edited by kiramon
  • Thanks 2

Thanks kiramon -  That build does look impressive.  I'll give it a try as well as psy.  Looks like I will be busy for a while testing. 

Here's an example of a Plant/Kin Controller build that I am quite proud of. I spent too much time I will never get back piecing it together. It's a bit like a house of cards where removing any piece of it makes it fall apart, but here's the idea:

• 40% S/L Defense, 39.6% Ranged, 38.7% Melee (wish this was slightly higher). 
  • 70% S/L Resist
  • The above values stack with Destiny: Barrier to essentially soft cap to S/L/Ran and verrry close to soft cap Melee defense, while soft capping S/L resists

• Mezz protection and +50% defense to Psi from Indom Will
    • Very nearly perma... made perma by spamming Siphon Speed and the proc in Psionic Tornado

• Alpha slot (Nerve core), combined with Tactics, combined with Kismet allows short changing accuracy in a number of powers (e.g. Transfusion) and proc powers without worrying too much about accuracy
  • Also boosts Defense and Hold duration 

Spring Attack is there both for extra AoE damage and mobility and to have a place to slot a PBAoE set.

Anyway, I'm just showing this to display how competitive a /Kin Controller build can be with a Dominator.

image.thumb.png.5ce57e0b4ff39e50f08d74018c1ee5a0.png

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.1.25

Level 50 Magic Controller
Primary Power Set: Plant Control
Secondary Power Set: Kinetics
Ancillary Pool: Psionic Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Strangler -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(3), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(3), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(5)
Level 1: Transfusion -- Heal-I(A)
Level 2: Roots -- PstBls-Dam%(A), TraoftheH-Dam%(11), SprOvrPrs-Rchg/Energy Font(11)
Level 4: Siphon Power -- Acc-I(A)
Level 6: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(13)
Level 8: Seeds of Confusion -- CrcPrs-Conf(A), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(13), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(15), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(15), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(17), CrcPrs-Conf%(17)
Level 10: Siphon Speed -- Acc-I(A)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(19), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(19), Rct-ResDam%(21)
Level 14: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 16: Jump Kick -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(21), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(23), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23)
Level 18: Vines -- SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprWiloft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(25), SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(27), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(27), SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(29)
Level 20: Speed Boost -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(29)
Level 22: Boxing -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(31), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(33)
Level 24: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(33), UnbGrd-ResDam(33), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(34), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(34), GldArm-3defTpProc(34)
Level 26: Carrion Creepers -- PstBls-Dam%(A), TraoftheH-Dam%(36), ImpSwf-Dam%(36), ExpStr-Dam%(36), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(37), RechRdx-I(48)
Level 28: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(37), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(46)
Level 30: Tactics -- RctRtc-Pcptn(A), RctRtc-ToHit(37)
Level 32: Fly Trap -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(39), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(39), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(40), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(40)
Level 35: Transference -- PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(40), PreOptmz-EndMod/End(42), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(42), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/End(42), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/Rech(43)
Level 38: Fulcrum Shift -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 41: Spring Attack -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 44: Mind Over Body -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(45), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(46), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 47: Indomitable Will -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RechRdx-I(48), RechRdx-I(48)
Level 49: Psionic Tornado -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), PstBls-Dam%(50), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(50), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(50), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(51), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(51)
Level 1: Brawl -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(7), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(9), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9)
Level 1: Containment 
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 50: Nerve Core Paragon 
------------
------------
Set Bonus Totals:

• 11% DamageBuff(Smashing)
  • 11% DamageBuff(Lethal)
  • 11% DamageBuff(Fire)
  • 11% DamageBuff(Cold)
  • 11% DamageBuff(Energy)
  • 11% DamageBuff(Negative)
  • 11% DamageBuff(Toxic)
  • 11% DamageBuff(Psionic)
  • 26% Defense(Smashing)
  • 26% Defense(Lethal)
  • 6% Defense(Fire)
  • 6% Defense(Cold)
  • 17.56% Defense(Energy)
  • 17.56% Defense(Negative)
  • 6% Defense(Psionic)
  • 24.44% Defense(Melee)
  • 25.38% Defense(Ranged)
  • 6% Defense(AoE)
  • 1.8% Max End
  • 4% Enhancement(Held)
  • 5% Enhancement(Max EnduranceDiscount)
  • 73.75% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  • 24% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  • 8% Enhancement(Sleep)
  • 133.5 HP (13.13%) HitPoints
  • Knockback (Mag -4)
  • Knockup (Mag -4)
  • MezResist(Confused) 43.75%
  • MezResist(Held) 43.75%
  • MezResist(Immobilized) 43.75%
  • MezResist(Sleep) 43.75%
  • MezResist(Stunned) 43.75%
  • MezResist(Terrorized) 43.75%
  • 20% PerceptionRadius
  • 16.5% (0.28 End/sec) Recovery
  • 20% (0.85 HP/sec) Regeneration
  • 30% ResEffect(SpeedFlying)
  • 30% ResEffect(RechargeTime)
  • 30% ResEffect(SpeedRunning)
  • 18% Resistance(Smashing)
  • 35.25% Resistance(Fire)
  • 35.25% Resistance(Cold)
  • 24% Resistance(Energy)
  • 24% Resistance(Negative)
  • 21% Resistance(Toxic)
  • 21% Resistance(Psionic)
  • 18% Resistance(Lethal)

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1463;681;1362;HEX;|
|78DA65945B4F135110C7CF6EB742A148A117AE95DA82454A2B45DF4DC4A29136A9F|
|2AA625316D8A4699BB626F2E883EFDE121F10F5096F890F2201BF851A3526F81514|
|1414F0927576FF53D96437D9FCF6CCFCE79C3373E66CE6DA69F78B33D74F0AC9335|
|6C855AB5363A562AD522A14D48A33939BD5F2C2781AE80DED7BEAA244B6902BD6EA|
|A34E8BE0D4D59999C48456546B5ABE2A9AB225124F965575DA6D7EA6D55C592BCEB|
|6D607D36AA53AA7955BCCF1B8363B5723AF2F55D6F2896C552B15B5FC542657ADA9|
|95F94EDA4994DE9792E0477788F7B2104145C81F981F41E51398DAD70AD14F482A6|
|2996C30EBB2B4065BD38204528CC1711A3A4C952E1CDDD084A9144E3350979C31D8|
|DCCC150995229FB3E1A20CDF25F0E015E665D033C5CC816729D625612D17AF15A0C|
|99AB196A3D98FBDB5FF15664EED130E73ECDB02DB48DB02AD6861AD9F6CAD5CA3D6|
|2C214CFAF360E00273125CA59036DE7BDB12E6EC7CCC7C02763F653E037B9F83E72|
|8D68B58C9FB19F9F4AE8312EDC10F9FE2BF89BA1EBAC5BCCDBC0386EE820E8AE940|
|2ECE0EE383F20DED62ADD03678F8077387390AAE91BC8BF3E8E2738DF0B94696305|
|7649EF6E65544BFEC34EDC7F8FC145AB707EBCA3D5CC37E1F18F7805ED204F9FC83|
|8B3CCF02F89AEC7DBC76DF06F23FB2C9FCCEDC02A3DBE8CDE837304DB1618E0DEFA|
|00ED13FE0D15DE61EF31738F41BCC50EC00F7E900E722058418E4BA0FDE67FD22F3|
|0138FC90F9087C4B258C71BFC5F650CF61AE779CEB1DFF09BE2124B85609AE55BD8|
|E75BE23CD08E73472037927F94C92ABCC57E0E80A7319EC552CF79B7BF700F76E23|
|F76E23F76E705FAB0F2996BBAED323466C96A4CD72DC663961B3A46D96ACF2FF1F2|
|224D3E2F2187F0CECE44B137925AB77C36A312E4D54115F6DAA4DABE51EAA6638F4|
|14DDB1241CFA3FA958F39C|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Argent Aegis said:

Thanks kiramon -  That build does look impressive.  I'll give it a try as well as psy.  Looks like I will be busy for a while testing. 

Have fun; they’re very different play experiences. Savage is fast and relentless, whereas psi is... well, it’s good but drain psyche is a hard carry in it (and PS is great with dom).  But it’s definitely not at the same pace of savage. (I’ll always talk it up it’s such a great assault set for doms lol). 

If I had to describe the difference between late game IOed /Psi vs /Savage, I'd say that I trust Psi to do better at tanking through difficult scenarios and survive, and Savage to be able to run missions at around +2 x 4 cleanly and faster than many Psi builds. Both good at their respective strengths. I do wish Savage's self heal was stronger, but at least it gets one. 

/Psi benefits from the fact that Drain Psyche was supposed to be a panic button you only used occasionally. IOs and incarnate powers have made it something you can run (almost) all the time. The Regen it provides is absurd. I won't call it overpowered because I feel like some of the other Assault sets should provide survivability closer to it, even if not at that extreme. 

What I like about both of these sets though is they legit have reasons to be in melee. Psi because Drain Psyche legit provides rewards for it, Savage because it can get there quickly when it needs to and then with its heal recover for the next battle. I wish more of the Dominator sets provided reasons to engage enemies so directly.  

Edited by oedipus_tex

I always loved the look and feel of Savage (on Brutes that is), I had a hard time that it is mostly DOT and, at least on a Brute, the damage seemed anemic to what most other sets offered (I still question fury's impact on the DOT).  Maybe on a Dom the DOT won't matter as much if enemies are locked down and unable to attack while they bleed out.  Psi is very nice as well and seems to have quicker overall animation times.  Plant looks amazing in overall utility, mostly DOT damage, and the animation times on the holds seem uncomfortably long.  But I need to just zip it, trust in the experience of you all and play. 

I'm going to try both Savage and Psi Doms as well as a Plant/Kin controller.  I'll know more later today after I decide which one I will start with.  

• Like 1

So I have tried a Plant Dom.  Well, three of them.  Please note that they are all very low level still, but it was a very enlightening few hours.  Just wanted to give a first impression for anyone who may be interested.

Oddly enough I started with a Plant/Earth.  When I was brainstorming names I came up with one that fit this combination perfectly first.  So I gave it a whirl while thinking about names for a Psi & Savage,  Earth was cool out of the box.  Played the tutorial and got the badge with no effort.  Entangle and Stone Spears were a good quick attack chain.  Mobs were sticking and flopping being defeated pretty much after one application of both powers.  Moved out to Atlas and before I know it, this guy was 8th level.  Lots of fun. 

Next was Plant/Psi.  Name came to mind while playing the above.  So switched to try this.  Started again in the tutorial.  Was a little surprised that after applying Entangle and Psionic Dart that mobs generally had a sliver of health left.  According to Mids the base damage of Spears and Dart are the same.  So I looked at the in game numbers and found out that Spears actually has a higher base damage (like 18% better).  So that explained that and Mids is incorrect.  Didn't stop me from playing and enjoying.  Dart is faster in both recharge and animation times, so I believe the damage works out when DPS is calculated.  Dart is almost a chain of it's own when using the free prestige enhancements you get from the P2W.  Again before I know it this guy is close to a double digit level.

Finally I tried Plant/Savage.  According to both Mids and in game info, this will be the highest T1 damage power of the three.  So I set off to play this.  First time in the tutorial I discover that I have to wait for the DOT from both T1 powers to apply.  At first, it was almost a little off-putting.  But then I saw that the Bug tics were fast (significantly faster than the tics in Entangle).  So while this combination doesn't seem to drop a mob as fast at the other two, it was still fun.   And once I got the apply twice and tab to the next to repeat figured out, it didn't really seem slow and had the badge in short order (possibly as fast as Psi). 

And yes....Plant rocks so far. 

I have the Savage build generously provided by kiramon.  I'll look at the builds in this forum for the Psi and Earth to get some inspiration. 

I now have to decide which one to spend more time on.  Very difficult since all three are very fun.  I'll just have to keep playing them all.

Thanks again all for your advice.

/Psi doesn't really start to diverge until you get a bit of Recharge going. The closer Drain Psyche gets to perma, the less downtime you'll have. Eventually it will be up for most fights and at that point, around the same time you're perma-dom, you discover why Psi is so highly praised.

With Savage, it really unlocks at level and 35 and 38 with the two best powers in that set. They more or less define how that set plays.

With Kinetics, same story. It unlocks at 38 with Fulcrum Shift and doesn't really get going until very late, around lvl 45.

Edited by oedipus_tex

On 8/9/2020 at 10:30 PM, Argent Aegis said:

I've played on both on Live and HC casually since real life has always limited time online.  I have generally always gravitated to playing the melee ATs since it seems that it is fast and furious from the start.  I should also mention that I have a tendency to play solo since I seem to play in short bursts when I have the break from RL.  

My play style shows with the ATs I have stuck with.  I have a Brute Rad/Fire farmer (fun to play but used more for funds and rarely leaves AE), TW/Bio Scrapper (soo much fun but not team friendly with the need to start momentum), and I even branched out to a ranged Water/Ice Blaster all at 50+ (great fun with KD & slows, my badger and plays most content).  I now want something that kind of combines the joy of getting in the mix like my Brute, damage like my Scrapper, and controls like my Blaster.  This has led me to checking into a Dominator or a Controller.  I've tinkered with a Controller and I just have a hard time keeping my interest beyond the beginning levels.  Dominator looks like fun and fast and furious, but I don't really know much about them and their potential having never played them. 

What kind of Dominator would the experienced players recommend to level up with given my above experience?  I am all for learning new active playstyles, I just want know which power sets work best to give a fun and increasingly powerful ride to 50 and beyond.  I will play this out with little PL and will want to exemp down even when I get to 50.   I would like to be able to run higher difficulty and larger groups as well as taking on bosses/AV/GM. 

Elec/Elec has good control.

You have a confuse in Elec.  Sapping over time so less attacks on yourself.  A sleep (killer control....) which buy you time to think out your controls.  A knock down attack.  3 pets if you wish to distract your foes.

The damage is wholesale.  Ie.  You'll beat them over time.  Though Elec Assault is fun to play.

Azrael.

On 8/9/2020 at 10:30 PM, Argent Aegis said:

Stone/Stone is good.

Control?  Choke them and knock them over continously.

Then Mash them with a selection of stone hammers in melee.

Azrael.

10 hours ago, Argent Aegis said:

So I have tried a Plant Dom.  Well, three of them.  Please note that they are all very low level still, but it was a very enlightening few hours.  Just wanted to give a first impression for anyone who may be interested.

As stated, they really come into their own at later levels... 

1. I find that Psi relies heavily on Drain psyche, which you'll probably get to around 31-35s cooldown with a 30s duration -- effectively perma. It gets rid of endurance and makes you super tanky, always. It's literally now (after they nerfed PShockwave) the reason to play Psi. Still good because of it, but...

2. Savage is a whole different beast (get it??) after you get the leap (and Hawk, sigh). For reference, my hawk does like 1400 damage with a BU proc lol... Anyways, it has a 2.89s RECHARGE LEAP. Blink. Blink. Blink. Bamf. Bamf. Bamf. You just gogogogogoog... GOOGOGoggogo some more... and it's aoe... GOGOGOO. 

Sorry, Psi is really different - in that it's fun factor comes from being a wall, whereas savage comes from being ... savage.  🙂 

3. I have a /earth Plant too -- but I found its endurance too heavy a burden to be fun. And didn't feel like rebuilding around it, then landed on Savage (I already have praised Grav/Savage a ton, so obviously I just love /savage for Dom. It's so good.... the leap is just... it's so far above other level 38s.. UGH! 

I would load up the test server and try them at max.

It'll solidify your choice. 

I really wish we could do videos again... I'd show ya 🙂 

Edited by kiramon
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, kiramon said:

As stated, they really come into their own at later levels... 

1. I find that Psi relies heavily on Drain psyche, which you'll probably get to around 31-35s cooldown with a 30s duration -- effectively perma. It gets rid of endurance and makes you super tanky, always. It's literally now (after they nerfed PShockwave) the reason to play Psi. Still good because of it, but...

2. Savage is a whole different beast (get it??) after you get the leap (and Hawk, sigh). For reference, my hawk does like 1400 damage with a BU proc lol... Anyways, it has a 2.89s RECHARGE LEAP. Blink. Blink. Blink. Bamf. Bamf. Bamf. You just gogogogogoog... GOOGOGoggogo some more... and it's aoe... GOGOGOO. 

Sorry, Psi is really different - in that it's fun factor comes from being a wall, whereas savage comes from being ... savage.  🙂 

3. I have a /earth Plant too -- but I found its endurance too heavy a burden to be fun. And didn't feel like rebuilding around it, then landed on Savage (I already have praised Grav/Savage a ton, so obviously I just love /savage for Dom. It's so good.... the leap is just... it's so far above other level 38s.. UGH! 

I would load up the test server and try them at max.

It'll solidify your choice. 

I really wish we could do videos again... I'd show ya 🙂 

You are really good at selling Savage.  I have a feeling that I will be spending time on several Doms.

Looking at your build, what is your usual attack process?  There is quite a bit there between Plant's controls, Ice's Sleet and Savage's...well...savagery.  Love the damage tease you put out there with Hawk.... appeals to my love of those sweet, sweet orange numbers I would get with TW scrap crits. 

Psi still looks good too.  I just need to look at some builds to get an idea.

I never realized all the fun choices for Dominators.  And oedipus_tex, I haven't forgotten your Plant/Kin.  I still am planning on trying that this weekend.

I will try to get to the test server.  The last time I tried, it was soooo laggy that I wanted to scream.  But I'll try it again because I really want to see what these can become at the various levels.

Thanks

52 minutes ago, Argent Aegis said:

You are really good at selling Savage.  I have a feeling that I will be spending time on several Doms.

Looking at your build, what is your usual attack process?  There is quite a bit there between Plant's controls, Ice's Sleet and Savage's...well...savagery.  Love the damage tease you put out there with Hawk.... appeals to my love of those sweet, sweet orange numbers I would get with TW scrap crits. 

Psi still looks good too.  I just need to look at some builds to get an idea.

I never realized all the fun choices for Dominators.  And oedipus_tex, I haven't forgotten your Plant/Kin.  I still am planning on trying that this weekend.

I will try to get to the test server.  The last time I tried, it was soooo laggy that I wanted to scream.  But I'll try it again because I really want to see what these can become at the various levels.

Thanks

Unfortunately Hawk is a dot, but yeah! It's a 5 tick dot over 1.25 seconds, so... lol

1. Keep Carrion Creepers on CD. They follow you. Open a spawn with em, they'll keep on following

2. Use Vines if you're moving too fast when you go into a new group. Not critical, just there.

• Confuse 
  • Leap in 
  • Unkindness - can move around here, since it doesn't lock your animation
  • Roots

You can also (this is what I usually do just because its easier to reposition with Unkindness)

Leap

Unkindness

Confuse

Roots

Strangler (ST Hold) just to proc the +damage from ATO... literally... 

Hawk/Vicious for stragglers/bosses.  

Your AoE on savage is huge, because Leap/Unkindness/Roots recharge so quickly...

And your screen is filled with orange dots because of all the dots + Carrion Creepers (which shows the damage on dead bodies too, lol...) 

Vs a 50 white con mob (just cuz its what i could find without going into a mish)

Feral Charge

118.86 Hecatomb

298.32 Lethal 

24 Lethalx4 

=512.32 AOE damage on a 2.4 second cooldown that can also proc FF... 

So Good. So fun.

I don't want to Diss psi. It's great... but I wouldn't call it fun, personally. Aside from the benefits of Drain psyche, it feels - how you said - anemic... it doesn't have much going for it outside of the snipe. It's certainly a much different pace than Savage. 

Edited by kiramon
  • Thanks 1

That's a good description of the fun side of Savage. Let me see if I can do justice for /Psi.

Psi can allow you to increase mission difficulty because it matters less when your controls miss a target. Thus it allows you to unleash AoEs and controls with freedom you wouldn't normally have.

On paper, Psi does less damage than other sets. But in practice, it is very competitive because it is safe for you to be that close to an enemy without dying. Dominators have some of the lowest scale values of any archetype for self Defense, Resistance, or Healing. With Drain Psyche you can blow past the heal limits and any armors you do have are magnified in usefuless. 

In particular, the late game is dominated by a choice among 4 Destiny powers. One provides healing, one recharge/endurance, one defense/resist, and one mezz protection. You've got healing and endurance covered. So you can take the defense/resist option, which combined with your Regen providing in the neighborhood of 35 HP/second and capped recovery lets you keep upright long after other Dominators or even many other archetypes drop. Note it's a very specific playstyle, a bit reminiscent of Kinetics--running to the next group for your HP/Recovery fix. But it's very effective, hence the reputation of this set. It allows you to survive some insanely chaotic battles and focus on unleashing total screenshaking, enemy flinging havoc, like a proper superhero.

If I had to pick one Assault set that can run difficult content and emerge alive, it would be Psi. 

Edited by oedipus_tex
  • Thanks 1

kiramon:  Shows me a big plate of cake "Savage is like this cake, you like cake?"

me:  eyes opening wide, "Why yes I do, I like cake very much"

oedipus _tex:  clears his throat revealing a plate of donuts.  "Psi is like donuts, you like donuts?"

me: "mmmmmm donuts....."

oedipus_tex: also shows me another plate with a Plant/Kin cannoli, "Just another option..."

me: "hmmm....leave the dom, take the cannoli?"

kiramon and oedipus_tex start to extol the virtues of their desserts to the forum onlookers.

me:  grabs a plate of cake, a plate of donuts and the cannoli and scampers off to the beta server to greedily enjoy them all.

kiramon and oedipus_tex stop, grin at each other and in unison say, "Excellent, we got another one...muhahaha"

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Argent Aegis said:

grabs a plate of cake, a plate of donuts and the cannoli and scampers off to the beta server to greedily enjoy them all.

Oh man I want a cannoli...

• Haha 1

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

No one is offering pie? Just cake, donuts, and cannoli?
And the cake better be chocolate 😛

Savage is by far the most fun Assault set I've played.

Psy is by far the strongest defensively. It goes very well with Fire Control, which can use a bit of help defensively. It also is very strong offensively specifically against AVs.

So they're both very good, just depending on what's of greater interest.