Help a usually-ranged player un-clutter melee, please

ParaBruce

Like the subject says, I habitually play ranged characters. But I have a hankering to do more melee. One issue for me is that fight scenes are often solid blurs of white and a few colors close up. What settings can/should I adjust to reduce that haze of power, while overall keeping things looking crip and great? Thank you!

Use the "Jackie Chan bind" to take care of all your Scrapperlock targeting needs.

I personally use the `/~ key to the left of the 1/! key for this purpose.

/bind ` "targetenemynearest$$follow"

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

If you're having too many visual effects close up, you could lower the particle count in graphics settings. That will simplify all visual effects until they go away entirely. That requires some playing with, turning down particle effects by category can make some buffs and anchors invisible. Shaving particle count down is probably better. IIRC the default is like 35k but can be turned up to 50k for maximum freem; going down to about 20 will declutter without too much loss of function.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

You can also use binds that use a 'show/don't show effects (if you use the no-show with weapons, they will not appear.)

These are especially nice for fire farmers whose entire screen is nothing but flame. It allows you to see your character with clarity.

Hide:  /macro NoFX "suppressCloseFx 1"

Show:  /macro FX "suppressCloseFxDist 0"

There is also a setting in the Menu options pull-down sectiion to suppress special effects up close.

y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!