Tanker Damage listing

drbuzzard

I have to expect that this is a known bug by now, but I suppose it should be reported just in case.

When you look up damage listing during character creation (or power selection) for some tanker attacks, damage from fiery embrace is calculated in. This doesn't, however, happen in all cases so comparisons across power sets as you decide on a build are drastically distorted. It also doesn't happen to all powers within a given set.

For example if we look at Dual Blades, the first three attacks include the fiery embrace damage during the display throwing their damage (and damage per activation which I consider the key stat) way the hell out of whack.

as listed during character creation vs. actual

Nimble slash 64.34 vs. 44.38

Power Slice 88.86 vs. 61.29

Ablating Strike 101.12 vs. 69.74

That's a pretty drastic distortion. Not looking carefully led me to make a dual blade tanker thinking it had damned good DPAS when it fact it is sub par. I suppose my lesson is to look more carefully at the numbers, but it should be fixed. It's rather inconsistent across power sets.

Doing a quick scan of sets I only also see it in energy melee so at least it's not too common.

Edited by drbuzzard

The bug impacts any Melee DoT inclusive attacks* that have a Fiery Embrace listing connected to them reflect Fiery Embrace's numbers in their total damage calculations at the top of the stats detail when reviewing the power details. The bug has been forwarded about a month ago. 🙂

*this includes any and all attacks which damage from a singular type is split into multiple instances and is effectively coded as a DoT, which is why it shows up for Dual Blades to give those one-two animations a stacked damage effect to mimic the animations.