SR/MA ... NO GET HITSU!!

Redlynne

25 minutes ago, tafilr said:

Question for you.  How do you get around?  The only travel power I see is Hover.  Do you rely on Quickness/Swift/Run combo along with Ninja Run?  Then Hover for vertical needs?

There's 2 versions of the premium sprint (ninja/beast run) which are serviceable and there's 3 varieties of the prestige flight (Flying Carpet, Rocket Board, Void Skiff). The prestige flight can't be used for combat but it is pretty fast. You also have to retoggle after using it, but it's worth it if you don't want to burn a power on a travel. 

Edited by cejmp

Freedom toons:

Illuminata

Phoebros

Mim

Ogrebane

6 hours ago, tafilr said:

Question for you.  How do you get around?  The only travel power I see is Hover.  Do you rely on Quickness/Swift/Run combo along with Ninja Run?  Then Hover for vertical needs?

Swift+Quickness+(Power Surge/Sprint)+Ninja Run is my go to "travel" power.  If I need extra jump height, I toggle on the (reusable) Jump Pack from the P2W vendor.  If I'm in the Shadow Shard I look around for geysers to get around faster than I could be flying (or even teleporting!) around ... you just need to know where they are (and how to use them) in order to navigate.

Always fun being on a Team-8 and being first to the Mission Door using Sprint+Ninja Run ... even when there are Superspeeders on the team. 😎

All the way back in Issues 3-5 I actually used 6-slot Hover (with 6 Fly SO enhancements) as my "travel" power, which was basically about 60mph speed fast and didn't have aerial movement "friction" problems like Fly did (you stopped on a dime).  I'd demo it for people and they simply couldn't believe what they were seeing, since it was "Fly" with no sliding.

Hover is used to reach "high places" and/or get around places where there's No Ground™ (like the Shadow Shard) ... all you need is patience, which, granted, not everyone has a useful supply of.  In combat though, it can be almost invaluable as a "get out of jail free" card for Caltrops (just Hover above them while continuing to kick everything around you) and a number of other "groundbound" debuff and mez effects that will neutralize your Run/Jump mobility but do not affect your ability to "Fly" over them.  Being able to Hover out of like 10x Caltrops stacked onto a single area can be mighty useful!

• Haha 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

On 9/3/2019 at 9:12 AM, Redlynne said:

... I'm also watching the Proc Monsters - Tanker Edition thread to see if any of my theories (such as the AoE-ness of Perfect Zinger in melee attacks) is borne out in testing ...

I jumped onto Beta as soon as I could to test out what you said about Perfect Zinger. From what I could tell (admittedly just a couple of minutes of testing), it only seems to affect your melee target - none of the other opponents near you are affected by it.

**EDIT** Sorry, should've added some details about how I tested. Made a lvl 21 IN/SS tank, took only the first three attacks as they were all single target attacks. Slotted them with 2 Accuracy SOs so I would be assured of hitting my target, plus a Perfect Zinger proc each; no enhancement slotted in any other power at all. Went to SC and found some mobs at the north end. When I was attacking them, I watched to see if any target other than the one I was attacking was injured. i did see the proc fire off a few times against the target I was on, but I didn't see anyone else damaged that I was not attacking.

Edited by Tabercil
append to post