Did you know you can have both opportunities at the same time?

Dabido

I don't know if this is only for Sonic blast, but if you do Shriek followed by Scream, you can get both opportunities at the same time.

To do this, the enemy needs to be some distance away, maybe 15 yards or so. When your opportunity bar is full, hit Shriek, and queue up Scream. Congrats, now you have both defensive and offensive opportunity at the same time.

bothopportunitycombatlog.jpg.c34e941e4f20be3fd24982416fb2cad1.jpg

• Thanks 1

It's very likely an exploit since that is not how the descriptive text handles the effects.  It's also been known, to some I guess, for at least a year.

I've never pulled it off myself, but then again I don't put a high value on taking both the T1 and T2.  So it's gimmick doesn't really translate very well to effective damage dealing in all cases.  A set like Sonic can get use out of its T1 and T2 due to the nature of the set.  It's not always that way with every primary.  

Sonic also seems to have some other beneficial bugs in the AoE powers.  Each AoE hit double dips the Opportunity mechanic.  So these attacks not only build more meter than they should doing they also double dip the effect.  This means you'll get more out of Defense Opportunity healing than you would on other sets without this bug.  

Assault Rifle's Flamethrower does the same thing but Buckshot doesn't from my testing.  It makes hitting a large spawn with Full Auto (with Opportunity Strikes) + Flamethrower a practical guarantee for 100% meter in two power clicks.  

I think there were a few other AoEs that did quirky things with Opportunity too, but I don't recall which those were specifically.  It's a cute gimmick, but it doesn't make the inherent all that much better for most sets (for Sonic it actually does).

Edited by oldskool