RGB/BGR Costumes

I think a lot of people can agree that the color palette within CoH is extremely limiting for certain designs, especially if you want to have civilian outfits. But what I don't get is that... the game actually seems to use RGB (it is formatted as BGR, though?), it just won't let us use it. I realize the devs aren't being paid for Homecoming, but it would put us a step beyond and open the character customization even further if we somehow got access to the RGB values.

If nothing else for the time being, at least being able to force the RGB (BGR) values through editing the .costume files in Notepad or something would be great, if making a UI for it would be too hard or time-consuming at first. I think everyone would enjoy a bit more control with colors, considering costume design is a BIG thing in the City of Heroes community.

• Like 1

There has been interest and effort directed toward expanding the colour palette GUI.

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/9038-multiple-auras/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-121871

Sadly, this one seems to have quite a bit of overhead preventing it from being easily realized.  

Here's hoping the continued interest from the players will provide some motivational support to pursue such features!

• Thanks 1

@Patti are you confused by the phrase "bigger fish to fry" OR do you think the costume creator is awful?

EDIT.

There are in-game issues affect most players that should be addressed before taking on something difficult. AKA bigger fish to fry.

The costume generator is as is is not awful.

Some examples:

Also, Pat tags people post with confused nearly 20% of the time. So I'm curious what is confusing?

Edited by Troo
  • Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum