Co-Op Zones

borgking001a

Would it be possible to make the following zones co-op zones?

Echo: Atlas Park
Echo: Dark Astoria
Echo: Faultline
Echo: Galaxy City
Crey's Folly (Since it is connected to RWZ)
Cascade Archipelago
Firebase Zulu
The Chantry
The Storm Palace
The Hive (I have not seen any Hami Raids for The Abyss)
The Abyss
Monster Island

• Like 1

A little Birdy told me something something Dark Side something yada yada something Head towards the light! yada yada something something blah double agent; for any day of the week and mood your in.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

I'd say there's argument for the Shard zones, since they're not "connected" to heroside other than through Portal (though Arachnos should have their own outpost.) There's plenty there to explore and take advantage of.

The Echo zones would make zero sense to be coop. (Yes, I know Faultline has the Arachnos base on it and the badge in the echo hinting at spiders - but it makes no sense *there,* either. A military base from a hostile nation in the middle of a city is just flat out dumb. FWIW I feel the same way about Nerva and Longbow, and the Mercy revamp, though at least you can kick LB and the heroes out of there.) Same with Crey's - while it's next to the RWZ ("vanguard" territory,) it's another "wouldn't make sense" one.

Edit: As far as not seeing raids for the Abyss? Might be time/server dependent there. I know the ones on Everlasting tend to take place while I'm at work, but AFAIK they take place daily.

Edited by Greycat
  • Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

16 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Edit: As far as not seeing raids for the Abyss? Might be time/server dependent there. I know the ones on Everlasting tend to take place while I'm at work, but AFAIK they take place daily.

Yeah, that is an Excelsior server thing.  Excelsior is the most populated server, but it unfortunately also has the highest hero to villain ratio of all of the servers by far.  Playing blue side is just assumed.  The crew that started Hamidon raids on Excelsior disliked The Abyss for various reasons and figured that if red side players want to Hamidon raid bad enough, they should switch alignment and come to The Hive.  That has carried over to other Excelsior server Hamidon raid organizers.

It is a shame because The Abyss is both a better looking zone than The Hive and a truly co-op zone, unlike The Hive.  C’est la vie.

Well... the inevitable question:

"So why not start them up yourself?" I mean, yes, it's like herding cats, but still. I think people would still swap the *other* way for yet more merits (and of course for the people who don't want to swap red to blue.) Even if it's just a once a week thing, *someone* has to start the ball rolling, y'know?

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

1 hour ago, Greycat said:

Well... the inevitable question:

"So why not start them up yourself?" I mean, yes, it's like herding cats, but still. I think people would still swap the *other* way for yet more merits (and of course for the people who don't want to swap red to blue.) Even if it's just a once a week thing, *someone* has to start the ball rolling, y'know?

If you mean me, personally, I already lead two or three Rikti mothership raids per week on Excelsior.  I'm also leading a Cathedral of Pain trial tonight.  I just can't be bothered to lead a Hamidon raid.  I used to lead Hamidon raids prior to sunset, but they were never my favorite thing in the game to do, and there are plenty of people leading Hamidon raids on Excelsior now, (just all in The Hive, sadly).  I'd like to try to avoid burnout if possible.