Luddite Defeat Badge Suggestion: Torchbreaker

FoulVileTerror

Just now on Everlasting General Chat, we were discussing the lack of Badge for defeating Luddites, and spitballed some ideas.

"Snuffer" was brought up from the old City of Villains Beta, but that one was declined back then for pretty obvious reasons.

"Technophile" and "Extinguisher" as well, although it was said that those already exist for other Badges.

Someone said "Technophobephobe," which I thought was hilarious in a special way.

But then Umbral Blaze suggested something perfect:

Torch Breaker

So!  What do you folks think?   Defeat 25 Luddite Torchbearers, and get yourself a shiny defeat Badge?

Edited by FoulVileTerror
Correcting typo in Umbral Blaze's name.
  • Like 3

Or 'Technophile', if you want to follow the stereotype of the Luddites as being technophobes. But as many of the Luddites were skilled machinery operators, and they were conducting their machine breaking as a protest for better wages and more work. So 'Torch Breaker' would be a more appropriate badge name, without referencing misconceptions about their origins.

That was me! I am Umbral Blaze! I figured Torch Breaker seems like a pretty appropriate name, since we have Luddite Torchbearers, and the Luddites literally bear torches, and also 'bear the torch of Father Martin Henri's teachings". So you know. It fits.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1