Controller Patron Power Pool Scorpion Shield Bug

Mystoc

controllers patron power from mace mastery scorpion shield cant be enhanced with resist IO sets even though it gives toxic resist, if it gives a resist shouldn't you be able to enhance the resist? 

also controllers epic pool from stone mastery earth's embrace gives toxic resist as well and can be enhanced with resist sets, they both give the same resist yet one cant be enhanced

why is this? this seems like a bug to me

I've never known of scorpion shield to allow you to slot resist unless it did long ago when villain patrons were first added. I think all self heals let you slot resist except for power sets that also have dullpain because dullpain lets you slot resist for toxic.

7 hours ago, GM Korvin said:

Scorpion Shield is similar to how Deflection Shield from Force Field provides Toxic resistance - that part of it is unenhanceable by design.

controller doesn't really have alot places slot resist for +3 IO defense, if they arent a buff set like sonic or fire

earth's embrace lets you do it while scorpion shield doesn't they both give toxic res its just weird, the comparison of force field is a bit weird since you can reach the defense cap with no IOs so there really isnt a reason you want to slot def procs in there but im not sure if you understand my initial reasoning for why i wanted to slot Res IOs in there which is to get +6 all defense with the two def procs

I know of many defense Armour or passives that can have both defense and resist slotted in them when they give both of those, like Shield defense for deflection which is a toggle or Arachnos widow with foresight which is an auto power so why is this the exception?

Scorpion shield gives 17.5 toxic res unenhanced its not a small amount while deflection from shield defense which only gives like 11 smashing resist and can be slotted with both defense and resist

both sets for controller have armor that gives smashing defense to me  this makes stone mastery the clear winner to me as its easier to get 45 smashing defense without having to give up an 5 IO set or get tough

if its this way by design i guess i will stick to stone mastery

Edited by Mystoc