Opinions on Combat Training

OmniscientQ

I'm starting my first Arachnos agent, and I was wondering how does the VEAT community at large feel about the Soldier Combat Training abilities?

Combat Training: Defensive can get upwards of 10% ranged defense, which is nothing to sneeze at, but is it worth spending a power and a slot on?

Combat Training: Offensive is an accuracy boost - not to-hit. Even with a couple of slots, it seems underwhelming - especially with Tactical Training on the horizon.

Edited by OmniscientQ

Generally, folks skip Offensive, for the reasons you stated.

Build w/o Defensive then see if you need more ranged def. It's a nice mule for LoTG recharge.

Keep in mind you have no defense debuff resistance when thinking about defense. Nada, zlitch, zero.

CT: Defensive is basically free defence, in my opinion. It's a good buff, but it's also somewhere to shove a few IOs in if you want the bonuses. I think it's worth taking, although maybe not as a priority.

CT: Offensive is so small in the grand scheme of things - accuracy is not a problem from the mid-levels onwards. You can safely take it while levelling and then drop it out later.

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

When you start out its a great power to take and stick an acc io in as it basically counts towards every attack you have letting you slot them all with dmg/end red/rech and when your low level and starved of slots it makes a big difference. Soon as you hit 24 and get your freespec i'm looking at tt:leadership so its always the first power to go. I still like to keep it in builds when i have a free power (almost never) as there no such thing as too much accuracy. Just ask the player not running tactics when a smoke grenade hits or that engineer on the itf howls and all your attacks suddenly start to miss or that annoying nem lieut that vengs the mob.....the list goes on.

• Like 2

On 9/26/2020 at 8:15 AM, KaizenSoze said:

Generally, folks skip Offensive, for the reasons you stated.

Having just tried this, you are stuck. At 2 (widow), you have a choice of strike, mental blast, and ct: off. Those arent great, but at least I got 5 slot crushing impact for 5% rech and 1.5% s/l resist from strike. 🙂