Powersets and/or Archetypes not in the game?

Techwright

On 12/12/2020 at 3:22 PM, biostem said:

All the more reason to switch things up, no?

18 hours ago, Black Zot said:

T1s are too fragile by an order of magnitude to even pretend they're effective tanks.

You would want your strongest, most durable pet to be your melee fighter.

That would be the tier 9 pet.

On 12/12/2020 at 11:32 AM, biostem said:

Well, a generic "superteam" MM primary would be a great start, IMO;  Have it where the T1s are kind of your front line fighters, T2s are ranged attackers, and T3 is support.  Basically, imagine 2 scrappers and a tank as your T1s, 2 blasters or possible defenders as your T2s, and a controller as your T3.

Should be the other way around.

Tier-1's would be your blasters. Ranged, fragile damage dealers.

Tier-2's would be support/control. 

Tier-3 would be your tank. Highest hp, toughest to take down.

On 12/10/2020 at 6:32 PM, Black Zot said:

You'd need a lot more (and taller) ambient buildings to not have that blow versimilitude to hell.

"All out of rooves, eh?"

-Die Fleidermaus

[He means "roofs" -ed]

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

If anyone remembers, Marvel sued NCSoft for Copyright Infringement.  They almost won a few of their points, until they settled out of court.  Marvel was fairly well known for their Trademark and Copyright defense.  As a note, Marvel tried -unsuccessfully - to copyright the word Nazi, and they and DC also own the word SuperHero (though that is a very limited and specific use).  Just to show, they opened with the concept that since NCSoft doesn't own any comic book characters, obviously they are using Marvel's.  They followed up with some screen shots of a large green brutish guy with a 4 letter name - which was shown they had created themselves, and thus undermined part of their suit (they didn't produce any pictures of player created characters - as far as I know).

It's true, people can recreate images of Marvel's IP, and they can't do much about it.  But one point they had was NCSoft could police the images, and could therefore stop players from making similar costumes (imagine not being able to have a green skinned toon)

Now, Marvel is owned by the Mouse, and they have more, bigger lawyers on the payroll.  And they aren't afraid to unleash them if they see fit. (try to find the image of a larger circle with 2 smaller circles attached on top anywhere).  So a lot of new ideas would also have to be filtered through the Legal filter.  I doubt the wonderful Devs and those responsible for bringing The City back to us would appreciate such attentions.

I don't hate Marvel.  I grew up reading their comics.  The way I saw it, creating a similar toon to one of theirs would be a very high compliment, but they didn't see it this way, and may create some 'confusion' on their product (though I can't see how there would be any confusion between Marvel's online POS and CoX). 

Anyway, it's great to brainstorm, hope, and request, there may be external limitations that have to be observed when creating new powers.  Sorry to piss on your campfire.

As I say, It's only Cruel and Unusual the 1st time.

• Like 1