Psy/Regen

Bronana16969

So I've been seeing a small handful of psy/regen sentinels hopping around lately, and I was curious as to the  potential efficacy of of the build.

Now I've never played sentinels before, and the idea of a psy/regen/psy sentinel peaked my interest.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the power sets used in conjunction with each other?

It seems like link minds would be pretty strong along with using less than optimal psy attacks as mules for bonuses that regen sorely needs, and then proccing out some of the other attacks like the single target hold or other high recharge attacks.

Thoughts?

"Efficacy".  I guess it depends on what the desired result is.  If you're looking for the ultimate BA build, then Regen hasn't been that ever since it was originally nerfed into the ground.  Sentinel Regen is actually very good due to the regenerating absorb barrier it has, but it is still regen which means it has less mitigation layering than other sets.  You can stack stack some set bonuses with the offensive powers to help reduce this issue but any -defense attacks can make you crumple to the floor.  

So does Psychic/Regen/Psi scratch an itch for people?  No doubt about it.  Are those characters destined for the greatest heights in PvE?  Probably not.  Now, if they jump into PvP that is a whole different animal.  

• 2 months later

Bit of a necro poster here. Just rolled one today and so far it's fun. Psy can make your regen last quite a bit longer due to the status effects it offers.

But no, it's prolly not going down in history as a great anything.

It can do pretty well solo and will be fine in a group. I can see taking fighting pool and maybe Ninja Tool for Kemuridama.

I wanted a new char and it fit a concept.