The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Event ideas

Player2

We have

1. a Winter event with presents and snow monsters, Winter Lord, and leading right into the new year with saving Baby New Year...
  2. a Spring event celebrating Valentines Day with a special tip mission, cooperative missions, delivering (or misdelivering) messages...
  3. a Halloween event with trick or treating, temp costumes, Halloween monsters, Eochai rampaging in various locations outside Croatoa, and a haunted house...

Last winter, I recall getting some fireworks on New Year's Eve... and I wouldn't be surprised if they showed up again in July (but I missed it).

It doesn't have to be just holidays, though.

So what other kinds of events could we have using the resources we already have in the game (to minimize what the Homecoming team would have to do to make it happen)?

I'll start it off with Hurricane Season... something for next year, possibly.

• A month-long event following a rough storm (that takes place just before the servers come back up after a reboot).
  • The water level has risen and the city streets are flooded with ankle-deep water in both Paragon and the Rogue Isles.  Maybe in some areas, this means sharks could be swimming around looking for a snack.
  • Power shortages...  day and night cycles normally, but at night time the buildings do not light up with lit windows or illuminated signs and street lights remain off.  However, hospitals and a number of specific locations RWZ maintain power because they have emergency generators (and this would account for instanced missions having lights on inside).
  • The lack of power triggers a crime wave, bringing enemies to locations they wouldn't otherwise be seen (mostly lower level gangs like Hellions, Skulls, Outcasts, and Trolls) as they try to take advantage of the confusion and downed security.  In the Rogue Isles, this might be an increased Longbow presence (and maybe we could see Freedom Corps get off their butts and do something) as they try to use the situation to bring law and order to the Rogue Isles by making things difficult for Arachnos.  But most prominently: Luddites everywhere.
  • And the heroes are needed to help try to bring back power to the area with a series of missions where they have to defeat enemies and recover parts, leading up to the final mission where they are needed to help repair the reactor (Terra Volta on blue side, whatever on red side) as Luddites swarm to stop them.  (Failed mission means the power outage continues.  Success is... temporary, as the heroes are praised for restoring power only to have something else fail and the power outage will continue... but at least they tried.)
  • Throw in a few badges... maybe something like Emergency Responder and/or Hurricane Survivor.  Boom, non-holiday event.

• Like 2

I'm still disappointed there is no official Talk Like a Pirate Day (19th of September), Pi Day (3-14), or Star Wars Day (May the Fourth be with you)!

But I'm up for a Hurricane event.

Just, please, can we NOT have a pandemic event? Escapism is why I'm here!

• Like 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

On 10/13/2020 at 12:01 AM, Player2 said:

We have

1. a Winter event with presents and snow monsters, Winter Lord, and leading right into the new year with saving Baby New Year...
  2. a Spring event celebrating Valentines Day with a special tip mission, cooperative missions, delivering (or misdelivering) messages...
  3. a Halloween event with trick or treating, temp costumes, Halloween monsters, Eochai rampaging in various locations outside Croatoa, and a haunted house...

Last winter, I recall getting some fireworks on New Year's Eve... and I wouldn't be surprised if they showed up again in July (but I missed it).

It doesn't have to be just holidays, though.

So what other kinds of events could we have using the resources we already have in the game (to minimize what the Homecoming team would have to do to make it happen)?

I'll start it off with Hurricane Season... something for next year, possibly.

• A month-long event following a rough storm (that takes place just before the servers come back up after a reboot).
  • The water level has risen and the city streets are flooded with ankle-deep water in both Paragon and the Rogue Isles.  Maybe in some areas, this means sharks could be swimming around looking for a snack.
  • Power shortages...  day and night cycles normally, but at night time the buildings do not light up with lit windows or illuminated signs and street lights remain off.  However, hospitals and a number of specific locations RWZ maintain power because they have emergency generators (and this would account for instanced missions having lights on inside).
  • The lack of power triggers a crime wave, bringing enemies to locations they wouldn't otherwise be seen (mostly lower level gangs like Hellions, Skulls, Outcasts, and Trolls) as they try to take advantage of the confusion and downed security.  In the Rogue Isles, this might be an increased Longbow presence (and maybe we could see Freedom Corps get off their butts and do something) as they try to use the situation to bring law and order to the Rogue Isles by making things difficult for Arachnos.  But most prominently: Luddites everywhere.
  • And the heroes are needed to help try to bring back power to the area with a series of missions where they have to defeat enemies and recover parts, leading up to the final mission where they are needed to help repair the reactor (Terra Volta on blue side, whatever on red side) as Luddites swarm to stop them.  (Failed mission means the power outage continues.  Success is... temporary, as the heroes are praised for restoring power only to have something else fail and the power outage will continue... but at least they tried.)
  • Throw in a few badges... maybe something like Emergency Responder and/or Hurricane Survivor.  Boom, non-holiday event.

I like this a LOT! And I'm going to ADD to it 🙂

In addition to the Rogue Isles and Paragon, we're going to add PRAETORIAN Earth! YES, that's right! We could have Imperial and Neutropolis storming from one end to the other, and the water level also goes up.  You have marauding hordes of Destroyers, Praetorian Coralax hordes, and Praetorian Devouring Earth (minus the seers, TEST, Seedlings and Greater Devoured) Syndicate and other low level thugs. Then you have the PPD trying to maintain order and the Imperial Defense Forces out in full show of force, as well as Riptide and a few other Powers Division trying to keep order. You have a contact for the power loyalists and villainous or rogue leaning loyalists (Mr G, or Hetzfeld) to use brute force to keep order, you have a contact for the Responsible Loyalists and former Hero leaning Loyalists (Riptide, Marauder, or even Anti-Matter) to minimize casualties but keep order, then on the resistance you have a Crusader Contact to include Villain or Rogue Leaning Crusaders (Calvin Scott, or Splice) instructing you to use the storm against the Loyalists, a Warden Contact or Vigilante and Hero Leaning Warden (Helix, or Belladonna Vetrano) to help the resistance gain an advantage without casualties, and finally Vanessa Devore with the carnival of light as a contact for Primals (Heroes, Villains, Rogues, Vigilantes as well as former Loyalist or Resistance) asking the Heroes and even the Villains to prevent Praetoria from being completely torn apart regardless of alignment.

Loyalist Badges include: Savior of the Empire, Exceptional Loyalist, Still a Loyalist at heart, For Might and Glory, Glory to the Empire, Heart of Power, Maintain the order

Resistance Badges include: Opportunity knocks, Hit em where it hurts, Chaotic Rebel, Rebel without a cause, Noble Hearted Rebel, Heart of Chaos, Rebel and Free

Primal Badges including former Praetorian: My Empire tis of thee, Praetoria the Brave, Brave Praetorian Heart, Back again, For Old time's sake, Two time's the charm, Saving the empire twice, Liberator of Praetoria, Model Praetorian, Noble Primal, Opportunistic Praetorian Scoundrel (If Loyalist villain), Rebel Scoundrel (if Resistance villain), Primal Praetorian, Honorary Praetorian, Noble Hearted Praetor (Incarnate)

Edited by Panthonca7034
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1