[Bug Report] Launcher UI Interactivity Consistency Issue

WanderingAries

That was a mouthful...

System: Win7, no special visual system mods or scaling. 1080p resolution.

I've lost track of where I mentioned it, so here's a new thread where I "think" Six wanted it. Anyway, from the start, there's been an issue where the smaller UI elements don't always seem to be clickable consistently. Noteably the three dots as they'll work maybe 50-60% of the time. After the latest patch (pretty sure I saw something), the image tearing seems to have settled that I thought was the culprit.

I just tested it by clicking the dots starting from the top game down. Each one successfully clicked, but then I went upwards or randomly clicking them and the launcher's UI started acting up. It tried clicking an empty space in the launcher to "reset" my click point and that mostly works. Additionally, when testing I found it WAY too easy to accidentally launch the game even when my pointer was dead-on the dots themselves.

Suggestion: Increase the size of the clickable button or move the feature to the main launcher settings window. I know the latter isn't ideal, but it might help. You could also lengthen the game buttons and put their own gear at the end that could be large enough and completely layer separated.

EDIT:

I just noticed that the game gave a "Login Error" message for the user while I was testing just now. After interacting with That button, I found that the experience was similar to the above in which there was a brief time that I couldn't even click on the button again. Definitely happened after clicking sign-out as it stayed on "signed-out" for a few seconds. It eventually corrected and not likely a common issue, but feels related to the above.

Edited by WanderingAries

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

I just wanted to point out that my test on MacOS Mojave revealed that it does NOT suffer from the above issue, so something's going on that's either Windows or Windows 7 specific as I've not gotten around to testing Win10 lately.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)