Post your Beast/Kin build here!

Papaschtroumpf

You go where the pets go. Fulcrum Shift works well with the doggos because they are almost all melee and generally will receive the full benefit of FS. FS also makes up for the loss of damage buff from pack mentality when you consume it for fortify pack. Between Fortify Pack, transfusion and whatever -dmg you get from FS and SP, and pet kill speed, pet survival is generally a non-issue.

Your personal survival is going to be the weakest link. I recommend building for S/L/ranged softcap as that covers you against the majority of attacks, because you are going to be in the thick of it just like your pets. You go where the pets go, or rather, they go where you go.

One word about pet control, bind a key to petcomall attack target and focus fire and take down targets one at a time, that also ensures all your pets are around the target when you fire off transfusion, FS, and other buffs.

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Alpha Panda: Level 50 Natural Mastermind
Primary Power Set: Beast Mastery
Secondary Power Set: Kinetics
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Summon Wolves -- SprMarofS-Dmg(A), SprMarofS-Acc/EndRdx(3), AchHee-ResDeb%(3), SlbAll-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SvrRgh-PetResDam(5), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(7)
Level 1: Transfusion -- TchoftheN-Acc/Heal(A), Prv-Heal(7), TchoftheN-Heal/HP/Regen/Rchg(21), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Prv-Heal/Rchg(40)
Level 2: Call Hawk -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(9), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(9), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19)
Level 4: Super Jump -- BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(45)
Level 6: Train Beasts -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(33)
Level 10: Siphon Speed -- PcnoftheT-Acc/Slow(A), PcnoftheT-Dmg/Slow(19), PcnoftheT-Acc/EndRdx(21), PcnoftheT-Rng/Slow(25), PcnoftheT-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(25), PcnoftheT--Rchg%(45)
Level 12: Summon Lions -- SprMarofS-EndRdx/+Resist/+Regen(A), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg(13), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(13), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(15), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg(17)
Level 14: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(17), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(46), LucoftheG-Def(50)
Level 16: Increase Density -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 18: Maneuvers -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(33), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(37), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(39), RedFrt-Def(40), RedFrt-EndRdx(43)
Level 20: Speed Boost -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 22: Tactics -- RctRtc-ToHit(A), RctRtc-Pcptn(23), HO:Cyto(23)
Level 24: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Summon Dire Wolf -- SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprMarofS-Dmg/EndRdx(27), SprCmmoft-Rchg/PetAoEDef(27), EdcoftheM-PetDef(29), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), AchHee-ResDeb%(33)
Level 28: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(39)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(31), Rct-Def/EndRdx(31), Rct-ResDam%(31)
Level 32: Tame Beasts -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Transference -- PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/End(36), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(36), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/End(36), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/Rech(43), PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(43)
Level 38: Fulcrum Shift -- Acc-I(A), Acc-I(39), RechRdx-I(46)
Level 41: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(42), ShlWal-Def(42), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(42)
Level 44: Fortify Pack -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(45), Rct-Def/Rchg(46)
Level 47: Call Ravens -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(48), Artl-Dam/Rech(48), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(48), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(50), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(50)
Level 49: Siphon Power -- Acc-I(A)
Level 1: Alpha Howler Wolf
Level 1: Howler Wolf
Level 1: Pack Mentality
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- UnbLea-Stlth(A)
Level 1: Supremacy
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/End(34), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(34), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/End(34), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/Rech(37), PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(37)
Level 12: Lioness
Level 26: Dire Wolf
Level 0: Born In Battle
Level 0: High Pain Threshold
Level 0: Invader
Level 0: Marshal
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany
Level 50: Melee Core Embodiment
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon
------------

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

A's right DreadShinobi, I saved your build in case I ever do Demon/Kin although I already have a demons MM.

I do like how you have to be a tube with the pets and micromanage them on this set. A's mentioned by both of you, Heel for Siphon power, concentrate them on one target for transfusion, etc...

This is a hovering character by concept (faery-ish) which helps with survivability and placement. I went from lvl9 to 22 last night, so I guess I like it OK. I haven't started using set IOs yet and I have watch my blue bar, but it's fun so far 

I will not take Repel I think, my Kin defender has it and loves it,  here I'd be messing with the beasts' targets, and early on endurance is an issue.

I need to read about Fortify Pack some more and experiment with it, I'm not "getting it" and it doesn't seem to do much, maybe because it's not slotted.

As I often do I didn't take a travel power at low level to try as many set powers as possible. I find the swarm of bees disappointing but I may look for opportunities for procs and debuffs.

Playing in Mids I was trying to come up with a way to skip the fighting pool but I can't really find it so far.

I’d suggest nature over kin.  Kin doesn’t have any great mitigation aside from repel with kb to kd and an indirect heal.  Fast doggos are fun, but defeated doggos don’t move as quickly.  It’s best played on a non-MM in my opinion.  However there are never any wrong choices, that’s why we have 1000 slots.

Regards,

Dave

I believe the people that lose pets playing kinetics are just setting pets to aggressive and leaving them that way. Kinetics doesn't suit that playstyle. I've never had that issue because I bind my ST attack to petcomall attack target and direct their attack manually. You go where the pets go and spam transfusion to heal them and yourself.

I also bind speed boost to petcomall follow defensive so I can quickly rein them in if they start derping off.

You may lose a T1 wolf or two if they get hit by an alpha strike from a hard target but generally I'm the one getting targeted first because I tie my pet attack command to my own ranged attack and mobs react to that first. If the situation if stable I re-summon right on the spot in between kin heals/buffs, if the situation is chaotic I switch to support mode.

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!