Beta Decay crazy values from Rad Armor

subbacultchas

I noticed some interesting behavior while watching Beta Decay in combat attributes. After you've held a groups aggro for a minute or more, it begins to double the recharge values, and quickly grows larger. It seems to cap out at 6x the 25% value you should get.  I went from 121.25 recharge initially to 156.25 as expected, then to hovering between 246.25 and 271.25 over the course of one or two minutes. I doubt that it means much, as you usually don't have the same group of mobs aggroed that long, but it's definitely not WAI.

I tried to upload some pics at various stages, but they were over the size cap.

Screenshot (58).jpg

Screenshot (59).jpg

Edited by subbacultchas
resized pics added
  • Like 2

I tested this again tonight, and I think I see what's going on. Every time it ticks ever 10 seconds, it's choosing another target as your main and giving you 10% for it, while still considering the previous target the same. If you had ten enemies you'd see a string of 10 10% bonuses, and 10 2.5% bonuses, for a total of 125% recharge which is what my attributes window was displaying. I could not replicate this with a single target, but when I tried two or four it was this exact same behavior.

• Like 1

Previously Beta Decay (in a form it went from i25 Score Client) had its effect last 1.0 seconds before 1.25 and because of that it did not differ its primary target from secondary, granting player +12.5% recharge time for each target. I.e. 4 targets would give 50% rech bonus.

After a while it was fixed (it's also fixed in i26 Score Client), and it started to grant proper values. I.e. 4 targets would give 10%+2.5%*4=20%, like it's intended.

The thing you described above might be.

A: still not fixed Rad Armor's Beta Decay for some class (Brute Perhaps, but l think it should be fixed already for Brutes. For Tankers it is.)

B: Tooltip error, this happens sometimes. At certain seconds it gives values far beyond actual, but it doesn't affect combat effectiveness, it's just server/client desync or something. l think sometimes l encontered things like that already (auras granting 2 bonuses per each add: like 2.5% and then another 2.5% for the same add).

• Like 1

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/

4 hours ago, Purrfekshawn said:

Previously Beta Decay (in a form it went from i25 Score Client) had its effect last 1.0 seconds before 1.25 and because of that it did not differ its primary target from secondary, granting player +12.5% recharge time for each target. I.e. 4 targets would give 50% rech bonus.

After a while it was fixed (it's also fixed in i26 Score Client), and it started to grant proper values. I.e. 4 targets would give 10%+2.5%*4=20%, like it's intended.

The thing you described above might be.

A: still not fixed Rad Armor's Beta Decay for some class (Brute Perhaps, but l think it should be fixed already for Brutes. For Tankers it is.)

B: Tooltip error, this happens sometimes. At certain seconds it gives values far beyond actual, but it doesn't affect combat effectiveness, it's just server/client desync or something. l think sometimes l encontered things like that already (auras granting 2 bonuses per each add: like 2.5% and then another 2.5% for the same add).

That makes sense and definitely lines up with what I was seeing. I suspect maybe it's Brute having the issue and not tool-tip, as near the end with the >200 recharge I had perma-hasten whereas normally I do not.