Small Char Select Suggestion/Demand/Plead

BalrogLord

No, it's not hard at all. In fact, you can do the change. keep the first page of your character list free. slot your most played or most recent toons there. when you log in, it will select the top of the list, always. So if you're like me who cycles between 2-5 toons at any given time, depending on the mood, then those 5 will be on page one until such a time that another takes their place.

1 hour ago, Six Six said:

No, it's not hard at all. In fact, you can do the change. keep the first page of your character list free. slot your most played or most recent toons there. when you log in, it will select the top of the list, always. So if you're like me who cycles between 2-5 toons at any given time, depending on the mood, then those 5 will be on page one until such a time that another takes their place.

Modern problems require simple solutions 👍

Then again, lots of people are pretty lazy to do the simplest of things.  Hell, the search option on the bottom takes all of 5 seconds.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

21 hours ago, Six Six said:

Ok, that has nothing to do with what I asked for, but good luck with that I guess.

19 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

Modern problems require simple solutions 👍

Then again, lots of people are pretty lazy to do the simplest of things.  Hell, the search option on the bottom takes all of 5 seconds.

It's not a matter of finding or searching for chars, I'd prefer the game keep track of it for each shard, rather than yanking back to first char

for no reason. All they have to do is write a file with the slot number in it, and read it back.

3 hours ago, BalrogLord said:

It's not a matter of finding or searching for chars, I'd prefer the game keep track of it for each shard, rather than yanking back to first char

for no reason. All they have to do is write a file with the slot number in it, and read it back.

Select the search box, type 3 letters.  PROFIT!  Back in the day, you only had 8 characters.  Then they expanded after a couple of years, but I think it was from purchase store.  Then it was just sliding a page or 2.  Now, its 100 pages for 10 characters and totally not necessary for cause thats a lot!  But but...There is a search option, which didn't exist before so they knew that 1000 characters was a lot.

Also, this file is what you are talking about

Spoiler

"Mxqlpxm01" "Indomitable" "Monolithic Obsidian Pillar" "28"
"Mxqlpxm01" "Indomitable" "Opressive Gloom" "29"
"Mxqlpxm01" "Indomitable" "Ice Lass" "10"
"Mxqlpxm01" "Indomitable" "Wreck Lass" "8"
"Mxqlpxm01" "Indomitable" "Night Blight" "31"
"Mxqlpxm01" "Indomitable" "Sharp Thorn" "3"
"Mxqlpxm01" "Indomitable" "Lone Shot" "0"
"Mxqlpxm01" "Indomitable" "Mean Arrow" "26"
"Mxqlpxm01" "Indomitable" "Toolman" "4"
"Mxqlpxm01" "Indomitable" "Creepy Bad Guy" "48"
"Mxqlpxm01" "Indomitable" "Dark Light" "49"
"Mxqlpxm01" "Indomitable" "Shady Hoodlum" "83"
"Mxqlpxm01" "Indomitable" "Shady Ruffian" "84"
"Mxqlpxm01" "Indomitable" "Shady Brute" "85"
"Mxqlpxm01" "Indomitable" "Flakpanzer" "36"
"Mxqlpxm01" "Indomitable" "Shady Brute" "87"

Does keep it in order.  What it can't do is put the last active in order, only the player can do that.  To get what you are asking, is a server side command that interacts with the client which would change those numbers automatically.  Which would require more effort for a small unpaid team which already has an option to find what you are looking for.  Would it be nice?  Sure, but its so damn easy to search as long as you don't have to click it 3 times to get the blinking text marker to show up.  I hate that!

BTW, with the amount of effort the Dev team is putting in and the fact that they are unpaid; either they have a lot of free time or there is a lot more people on the team; maybe volunteers to create those new story arcs then feed it into the game side instead of AE.

Edited by Outrider_01

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

@BalrogLord. No it's not.

You suggested/demanded/pleaded for "Char Select should remember the last char you played and stay there when you log/relog.

Instead it always goes back to Char 1... That can't be hard to change, can it?"

It takes 2 seconds to relocate the last char you played to Char 1, then when you log/relog it will go back to it. 

"This is a tiny thing, but it bugs me all the time, which makes it less tiny.... Very annoying."

Your sentiments, while may be valid to you, are subjective. Such a change to the character selection screen may not be appreciated by anyone else other than you. I haven't come across a similar request in the last year or so since HC let us play again, hence I'm not so sure others share your woes, that or they have either learned to accept what they can't change or change what they can't accept.

Or would you rather impose several unpaid minutes or more of coding, testing, implementation, rolling out, and monitoring for possible repercussions from an obviously undermanned volunteer dev team so you can save 2 seconds?