Warshade Teleport bugs.

Starless Step and LoS

When using the new and improved Powexec_location command for Starless Step, attempting to go through obstacles does not work, and has you smashing yourself into a wall/obstacle like you would on live servers right now. Shadow step works properly with this command, porting through objects and directly to my target.

Shadow Step does not grant untouchable status.

Assuming this is a bug, but testing for several hours and trying to leverage it, I have yet to get a single instance of being untouchable. I've even gotten myself killed in the name of science for it.

Edited by ScarySai

• 3 weeks later
On 10/24/2020 at 5:57 PM, ScarySai said:

Starless Step and LoS

When using the new and improved Powexec_location command for Starless Step, attempting to go through obstacles does not work, and has you smashing yourself into a wall/obstacle like you would on live servers right now. Shadow step works properly with this command, porting through objects and directly to my target.

They both seem to be doing it for me, I can't port through one of those mission trucks in AP with Powexec_location forward:max and instead just smash my face into it. Not using powexec_location allows me to teleport though it without a problem and the same goes for buildings like AE as well. Tested on Beta RC1.

• City Council
14 minutes ago, ScarySai said:

Last time I tested they had issues with certain walls on certain tech/office maps at times, though. So I'll test again to be sure.

Cool - specifically we need to know if there's any different between Combat Teleport and Starless Step, as there shouldn't be.

Same with Teleport and Shadow Step.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

4 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

And to confirm - you've tested this again on the latest build?

Not yet, but I can do so when I get home in about four hours(ish.)

I heard the LoS ignoring functionality was being rolled back, so I moved efforts elsewhere. Did I mishear?

• City Council
15 minutes ago, ScarySai said:

I heard the LoS ignoring functionality was being rolled back, so I moved efforts elsewhere. Did I mishear?

Kinda. There was a bug that needed fixing, and if it didn't get fixed then it probably would've been rolled back, but it has now been fixed in this latest build.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

Sorry I ended up getting busy.

Combat Teleport, Starless Step, and Shadow Step are all having Line of Sight issues (and I think this extends to anything using powexec_location really) when using powexec_location currently on Beta. Been testing it on a mission box truck where I should be able to get to the other side no problem, especially with powexec_location forward:max, but it just hits the truck and goes nowhere.

EDIT: As I surmised, it also happens on Lightning Rod, Team Teleport, and Shield Charge. Seems to be a /powexeclocation issue rather than Starless Step issue.

154959113_Screenshot2020-11-14154308.thumb.png.ba760308f60f3564e620633977e280e1.png

Edited by Hopestar
More testing

So far from initial testing, I can confirm that Starless is at least working in areas it wasn't for me when I made that post. Still unsure about traversing the Z-axis, but it's a notable improvement.

I'll keep trying to break it and report on my findings.

Edited by ScarySai