Classes on Discord

Dacy

• Community Rep

Okay, I keep seeing and keep being asked the same sorts of questions over and over again, and sometimes, I really wish I could go back and redo some videos to clarify, but I can't. I was thinking, what if I offered classes/demonstrations on a Discord channel while sharing my screen? I could take questions, give demonstrations, etc. It wouldn't be video...would that be a problem? It also wouldn't be general public, it would be limited to people who are already here, because I would only advertise it on channels in game, on the forums, and on Homecoming discord channels.

Is anyone interested in seeing something like this? I could take questions and so directly answer things that people are not clear on or are unsure about. If I am able to. 🙂 I'm fairly confident that, in most cases, I can, but obviously, there's always more to know!

-Dacy

• Like 7

That's a good idea for a work-around related to HC's streaming/ video policy. I know a few people who would be interested in learning more about base building, but are unsure of the finer techniques. I would think that screen sharing on Discord should be fine as long as it isn't recorded and proliferated on social media.

• Like 1

Excelsior Server: Giovanni Valia, Operative Velez, Fortunata Valeri, LongFang Mercer

SG: Shades of Arachnos; 315-6811

• Community Rep

Okay, so, heard from a GM, it's not allowed...on Homecoming's Discord. I can make my own channel, which, I was going to do anyway. 😄

-Dacy

Edited by Dacy

• Community Rep

All right! I set up a server on Discord. Right now, I am trying to discern what topics people are most interested in. I will cover questions and topics people want to see, or topics I get asked about a lot, depending on what I hear from people. This will definitely be more ongoing than a one time thing, but again, that depends on interest. Right now, here's the channel: https://discord.gg/UsfqFyzA

I would appreciate hearing from people as to when would be a good time for meetings. I could have a set time, and then do say, advanced techniques apart from the scheduled times, or vice-versa, or I could just schedule based on interest, but I have no idea what interest is, right now. So please, let me know!

-Dacy

• Community Rep

I'm scheduling first (more advanced) class on Saturday, Nov. 7, 2PM CST (that's UTC -6, for international friends). I will cover spiral stairs for sure, plus a technique or two I've picked up to help solve some specific problems, and questions. Hoping the class will be about 30 minutes, give or take. I'll be doing a basic base building session the following Saturday the 14th, also at 2PM  CST.  I'll cover building outside of the base box and/or setting up the basics, depending on what people need.

-Dacy

• Like 2

• Community Rep

Okay, reminder, the next class (geared towards people either early on in base building, or those confused on this topic) will cover building above and below the base, and teleporters, as well as questions from people. This will  be Saturday, Nov 14, 2PM CST (That's 3 PM EST, and Noon in PST). Join my Discord to access the chat channel, where I will be talking and sharing my screen.  You don't have to talk, no one did last time, so if you're not comfortable with that, don't worry, you won't have to say a thing. Here's the link: https://discord.gg/fRReS4jq

-Dacy

• Thanks 1