The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Cosmic Corsair Belt Issue

Monos King

image.thumb.png.e781e7e062671e91362c0779c53db4c8.png

The decorative tape on the belt seems to default at black and white and is not currently changeable. Even more disruptive, the cloth always flutters in rather than out, causing some geometry overlaps. Might have been reported before, if so consider this an update.

If you rotate the character around you'll notice that the inside of the Corsair Decoration is being colored to match the belt, but the outside isn't. The outside colors can technically be changed: by using the Costume Colors Link button to copy the current colors across the whole costume. It just means you need to do that first to set the color you want on the outside of the tape, then recolor everything else. Obviously not an ideal solution, but a way around it.

To my knowledge, the other items that work in this way are the lower inside of the Cybertech Long Jacket, Wedding Tux Jacket and Tech Knight Belt w/ Cloth, and on women only the Gunslinger 3 Belt.

It would be wonderful if these items could work in the same way that Capes, Boleros and Trenchcoats do, by replacing the Skin Color selector with an Interior Color menu. Based on how these items do it, it might require separating them into a different parent category which would not be ideal.

Edited by Aberrant
Added Tech Knight Belt
  • Like 1

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

8 minutes ago, Aberrant said:

To my knowledge, the other items that work in this way is the lower inside of the Cybertech Long Jacket, Wedding Tux Jacket and Tech Knight Belt w/ Cloth, and on women only the Gunslinger 3 Belt.

The Circle of Thorns 3 shoulders (1 is two gradient-colored shoulder points, 2 is three shoulder points with colored edging, and 3 is Circle of Thorns 2 with a stiff collar and a pointed half-cape; the inside of the half-cape can only be colored with the "match all colors" trick.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, srmalloy said:

The Circle of Thorns 3 shoulders (1 is two gradient-colored shoulder points, 2 is three shoulder points with colored edging, and 3 is Circle of Thorns 2 with a stiff collar and a pointed half-cape; the inside of the half-cape can only be colored with the "match all colors" trick.

Haha, was sure I'd missed one but couldn't bring it to mind!

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

1 minute ago, Aberrant said:

Haha, was sure I'd missed one but couldn't bring it to mind!

It's the usual "I have a character whose costume does this" flash of recognition. I wasn't aware of the others, because I hadn't used them yet. But it's always a good bet that if you found a slip in one place, it's in other places, too.

Was thinking the same thing about interior/exterior color options. The information on the work around is definitely appreciated though, I'll be sure to let other people with the issue know.