[Bug Report] AE dataloss risk

WanderingAries

When testing for this thread, I came across something that may be scary for AE users that I think is an actual omission/filtering glitch in the new one. Basically, when using Tequila, there are files that appear to be used when editing missions in AE that: 1) Don't copy over to the new filesystem and 2) appear to be blocked entirely in-game when using the new launcher.

I've narrowed it down to the following:

• MY_STORY.storyarc.backup

• Testing shows that this is created when you delete a mission when using Tequila ONLY and not when doing the same action in the new launcher. Note: This seemed to happen on the first test, but not consistently afterwards as I only managed to create the one file.

• Neither launcher sees these files as they seems to ignore the ".backup" file extension for some reason. I'm guessing that this is to be able to retain old stories, but stay within the 3 story limit (?).

• In order to use the files, the user must delete the ".backup" extension so that it will become visible in-game.

• This requires the user to be very careful using AE in the new launcher as they could Easily lose content.

• PlayerCreatedSouvenirClues.txt

• In my testing, this was created by the game using the Tequila launcher (not that the launcher should matter).

• My instinct says this was merged with the Mission file, but I'm not so sure as there's no sign it's used with the new launcher.

• Update: This file now migrates during installation

While not likely to affect me as a player (AE isn't my thing), I figured this should be addressed before retiring Tequila fully.

Edited by WanderingAries
  • Thanks 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)