WM/Bio Build Help

beradical

First time with both WM & Bio which looks a bit confusing. At least WM looks straight-forward. My focus is solid ST dmg for AVs, but with enough AoE for the cleanup (which is most of a TF or trial). WM was recommended as a solid choice.

Will pool ranged attacks cause a delay for redraw, such as Moonbeam? What about the Mace Mastery powers, such as Mace Beam?

Are any of the Bio powers skippable, they all look valuable on paper?

I know Shadow Meld is popular, but at 3s cast time it's a bit long, is it worth taking Moonbeam and SM?

Should I fill the Psi gap in def and/or res? Psi is pretty common in end-game and has me a bit worried.

Should I make room for Confront so it could dual-purpose off-tank in Defensive Adaption? Or should I just make a 2nd build intended specifically for that?

Here is my first attempt, any assistance or superior builds would be greatly appreciated. Money is no object.

Spoiler

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

ir.Radience: Level 50 Technology Scrapper
Primary Power Set: War Mace
Secondary Power Set: Bio Armor
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Pulverize -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(7), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(9), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9)
Level 1: Hardened Carapace -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(3), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(3), RctArm-ResDam(5), GldArm-3defTpProc(5), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(7)
Level 2: Inexhaustible -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal(13), PrfShf-End%(23)
Level 4: Environmental Modification -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), ShlWal-Def(25), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(27), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(27), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(29)
Level 6: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 8: Clobber -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(11), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(19), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(21)
Level 10: Adaptation 
Level 12: Jawbreaker -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(42), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Hct-Dam%(43)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(15)
Level 16: Ablative Carapace -- Prv-Heal/Rchg(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(36)
Level 18: Whirling Mace -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(21), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(36)
Level 20: Evolving Armor -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(39)
Level 22: Boxing -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(23), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(37), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 24: Tough -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(33), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(33), RctArm-ResDam(17)
Level 26: Shatter -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(A), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(29), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(31), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(31), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(31)
Level 28: DNA Siphon -- Prv-Heal/Rchg(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(40)
Level 30: Weave -- ShlWal-Def(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(45), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(46), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(34), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(39)
Level 32: Crowd Control -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(48), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(50)
Level 35: Genetic Contamination -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(40), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(46)
Level 38: Parasitic Aura -- Prv-Heal/Rchg(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(40)
Level 41: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(48)
Level 44: Mace Beam -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(33), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(46)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(11)
Level 49: Super Jump -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(37), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(39)
Level 1: Critical Hit 
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(15)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 10: Defensive Adaptation 
Level 10: Efficient Adaptation 
Level 10: Offensive Adaptation 
Level 41: Experimental Injection -- Empty(A)
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 0: Born In Battle 
Level 0: High Pain Threshold 
Level 0: Invader 
Level 0: Marshal 
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
Level 50: Pyronic Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Reactive Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Banished Pantheon Radial Superior Ally 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment 
Level 44: Quick Form 
------------

To me the bread and butter attack chain for single target damage with war mace is Jawbreaker>Clobber>Shatter.  Simple and effective.  I'd highly recommend moving the critical strikes set over to one of those attacks (I prefer jawbreaker so that clobber and shatter end up critting more) so that it fires off when you are focusing on single target damage.  I'd also try to make room for Fury of the gladiator: Chance for -res in shatter.  It makes a nice difference against stuff with a big HP pool like AVs.

Running moonbeam is a perfectly viable choice, and if you go to the tailor you can disable the redraw animation for mace in the power customization options.  Shadow meld is bios best friend.  Out of the box its normally enough defense to soft cap you to s/l defense (alongside pool powers and glad/steadfast uniques) so that you don't get ruined by defense debuffs during the alpha strike.  The animation is long but you should be firing it off when moving between groups rather than in the middle of combat.  Bio has no defense debuff resistance and it's a mix of defense and resistance, so it's particularly weak against defense debuffs.

I wouldn't worry about the psi gap.  Get into the habit of using ablative carapace and shadow meld when moving between groups.  Neither of them root you so you can use them while moving.   You should be able to tank any kind of alpha strike long enough to start a murder spree.  You definitely want to slot out ablative more.  It's one of the best survival tools you've got.  I like to slot 6 preventative medicine, but just make sure to get more heal and recharge in it.

Edited by josh1622

I do take everything in bio armor as it is all useful. I personally don’t use shadow meld on my bio scrappers.  It is nice for sure, but most of the time ablative carapace is enough to soak up the alpha strike. Plus you still have parasitic aura and dna siphon. I usually get my s/l resistance to cap, and e/n defense to softcap.  I agree about ignoring the psi hole. 

If you are teaming there will almost always be a tanker or a brute who can tank. However, scrappers can do just fine even if they aren’t built for maximum survivability. You just need to survive the alpha and then it’s all good and honestly I can do that on a blaster for a lot of mob factions. 

My opinion is to skip confront. I personally think it is a worthless scrapper power that should be replaced in all sets with something else. Honestly, scrappers main focus should be doing damage. They will help the team survive by killing everything in sight. 

Edited by Saikochoro
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, beradical said:

Solid feedback @josh1622 - You were invaluable in helping me get my Elec/Shld Stalker spec'd, and once again I can't thank you enough. I'll get back to the mids drawing board in-between AE runs.

Are you putting KB>KD in Shatter and CC?

I didn't realize that was you.  Glad I could help out again.  It's not necessary to slot the KB to KD since they only do knockdown to even cons and higher already.  FF procs are a good option in those powers if you have an odd slot to spare and want a recharge boost.

Hmm, my build is getting worse. I'm not really seeing the vision of what I'm trying to accomplish. Is the goal just decent to mediocre defense and resists, just to slow the rate of incoming damage, then moderate with the 3 pseudo-heal/absorb/regens?

I can get S/L res and E/N def to caps, it just looks like swiss cheese, but maybe that's the point of a hybrid secondary.

Jawbreaker>Clobber>Shatter are your main ST Chain, and WM & CC are your only 2 AoEs, so Pulvarize and Moonbeam are just mules? Bio is such a power-heavy set having a couple additional unused powers hurts.