Loadlibrary Error 126

Barksdale01

• 1 year later
On 11/9/2020 at 3:56 PM, Barksdale01 said:

I keep getting the same error message every time i try to run the game: LoadLibrary failed with error 126: The specified module could not be found.

Please help.

I just loaded the game onto my new PC with Windows 11 Home & I am getting this same error.

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

Hello,

the 1st info the team would need would be which Launcher u are using... Tequila or the HC Launcher? A Logfile would probably help them too.

• Like 1

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

10 hours ago, SuggestorK said:

Hello,

the 1st info the team would need would be which Launcher u are using... Tequila or the HC Launcher? A Logfile would probably help them too.

Homecoming Launcher, although I then downloaded Tequila in a separate install & got the same error.

HC Launcher log attached below:

launcher.log

Since i didnt see major issues on Launcher.....

A quick search via Google seems to reveal that its probably a Problem related to ATI Video Cards.. so has your comp or Notebook a Graphic Card from ATI and maybe only Widnows installed drivers?

If thats the Case u may want to install Graphic Drivers from ATi, since i have for over 10 years only used NVdia GFX (or Intel if a Notebook)  i let the more Ati Knowledgeable ppl chime in here.

Heres an example from Microsoft forum itself for it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-loadlibrary-failed-with-error-126-the-module/c5b67473-00f8-4e4a-b8a5-f7f9c619c3d9.

• Like 1

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

5 hours ago, SuggestorK said:

Since i didnt see major issues on Launcher.....

A quick search via Google seems to reveal that its probably a Problem related to ATI Video Cards.. so has your comp or Notebook a Graphic Card from ATI and maybe only Widnows installed drivers?

If thats the Case u may want to install Graphic Drivers from ATi, since i have for over 10 years only used NVdia GFX (or Intel if a Notebook)  i let the more Ati Knowledgeable ppl chime in here.

Heres an example from Microsoft forum itself for it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-loadlibrary-failed-with-error-126-the-module/c5b67473-00f8-4e4a-b8a5-f7f9c619c3d9.

Thanks.  I updated drivers yesterday & stopped getting the 126 error.  Instead I have been getting the following error message:

"An OpenGL driver for your video card 'Intel(R) UHD Graphics 750' was not found."

I have tried downloading & updating this in various ways, but with no success.

I am getting this same error on my separate Tequila launcher install of the game.

I appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting this!

11 minutes ago, Apparition said:

Do you have a graphics card installed, or are you only using integrated graphics?

The new computer has 2 display adaptors listed under the Device Manager - an AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT & an Intel(R) UHD Graphics 750.  The computer is a Dell XPS 8940 with 11th Gen Intel(R) Core i9-11900 processor running Windows 11 Home.

Edited by Mister Mass
Additional information

3 minutes ago, Mister Mass said:

The new computer has 2 display adaptors listed under the Device Manager - an AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT & an Intel(R) UHD Graphics 750.

Okie.  For whatever reason, CoH is trying to use your integrated graphics, which is causing this issue.  Follow this guide here to point both the Homecoming Launcher and CoH to your AMD Radeon card.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Apparition said:

Okie.  For whatever reason, CoH is trying to use your integrated graphics, which is causing this issue.  Follow this guide here to point both the Homecoming Launcher and CoH to your AMD Radeon card.

Thanks!   That looks like exactly what the issue is.  Unfortunately, I have followed the guide & pointed the HC Launcher & the CoH executable to the AMD Radeon card, but I am still getting the same error.  I did the same with my separate Tequila install & am getting the same error there as well.

Well OpenGL need to be installed too, since CoX runs on an OpenGL Engine,

theres Threads about it in forum, here's one for Intel other Graphic Card but similar issues.

Basically it links to this pages:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005524/graphics.html

https://tencomputer.com/opengl-drivers-windows-10-8-7/

i would'nt recommend Method 1 here though

since u updated drivers already, in one post they said they fixed it by uninstalling them 1st before installing the new drivers 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

Former Player on Server:

Okay, following the thread you posted, I downloaded the OpenGL Extensions Viewer.  It shows that the Intel UHD Graphics 750 card is using Version 4.6.0 - Build 30.0.101.1191

The error log from the HC Launcher when I try to start CoH shows the following:

OpenGL vendor string: Microsoft Corporation
OpenGL renderer string: GDI Generic
OpenGL version string: 1.1.0
Your card or driver doesn't support ARB_multitexture
Your card or driver doesn't support ARB_texture_compression
auth 51.161.76.201

The error message is as follows:

"An OpenGL driver for your video card 'Intel(R) UHD Graphics 750' was not found.

The game will not run with the present configuration."

I have installed & uninstalled Intel & Dell drivers back & forth, with no success.

I appreciate y'all for trying to help me with this! 🙂

Edited by Mister Mass

so CoH still want to launch with the wrong Graphic Card which has probably still no OpenGL Drivers. (intel instead of the AMD one)

Did u do what Apparition suggested earlier in this thread?

On 12/20/2021 at 1:49 AM, Apparition said:

Former Player on Server:

In addition if u run the "catalyst control center" or however its named today control program for the AMD u need to change it there maybe too, for nvidia under win10 it was the case the least.

Former Player on Server:

14 hours ago, SuggestorK said:

so CoH still want to launch with the wrong Graphic Card which has probably still no OpenGL Drivers. (intel instead of the AMD one)

Did u do what Apparition suggested earlier in this thread?

I had already done this, which is why I posted here again after trying Apparition's suggestion.  Over on the AMD Radeon boards, they offered the same solution.  But despite pointing the game to the AMD Radeon card, it continues to give me the same error message as before, presumably because it is still trying to use the Intel card.  

Upside, I have earned 4 badges on the AMD Radeon boards!  Also, the suggestion there is that my HDMI cable connecting the monitor to the computer is connected to the wrong port.  I will check that when I get home.  If that is the problem, I will be amused at my own lack of knowledge & apologize to everyone for wasting their time. 😉

Edited by Mister Mass