The age-old dilemma...

TheOtherTed

I like ranged and blapping both just fine.  Maybe a pros/cons list will help.  I'm re-creating my TA/Archery defender as a blaster, so I'll start with that first.

TA/Archery def

Pros:

1. I know the set well
  2. Those sweet, sweet Leadership bonuses
  3. Smooth rotations
  4. Between TA and Leadership, high potential to be the secret tactician on teams

Cons:

1. I've hit the soloability wall - I like teaming, but soloability is a strong requirement
  2. Arrows.  Always with the arrows.

Archery/TA blaster

Pros:

1. Something new - I've made a couple of false starts, but the set is still largely new to me
  2. Soloability
  3. Smooth rotations
  4. Battlefield control/management potential similar to TA def

Cons:

1. Arrows.  Always with the arrows.
  2. Mobility.  Maybe this is a "me" thing, but on my false start playthroughs, I always feel like a turret
  3. Sorely missing those sweet, sweet Leadership bonuses

Archery/Ninja Training blaster

Pros:

1. Soloability
  2. Neat little toys that may fit the concept better (a near-future super-soldier with high-tech cybernetics)
  3. Vanguard katana complements the Vanguard bow nicely - will admit this is the major reason I'm considering NT

Cons:

1. Still missing those sweet Leadership bonuses
  2. Rotations not so smooth.  Martial Training and many other blapping sets have a nice flow to them; Ninja Training feels, well, in a word, choppy
  3. The whole Leadership bonus thing again

So - anything to add to the pile?  Anything to remove?  Other things to consider?

If you want to stay at range, tactical arrow... if you want to go into melee, ninja (or martial).  All are viable options.

That said, I think one of the big benefits of Archery is that you have no reason to go into melee since there are PBAoEs like other many other primaries have.  

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow