Munitions Mastery

I'm sure this has been said before, but Body Armor desperately needs improving.
It's currently the weakest buff of its kind in the Epic set.
For those of us who don't care to hop between alignments, it would be nice if it was elevated to be more like a Resistance version of Scorpion's Shield.
(LRM could use a bit of tweaking, as well; perhaps make it non-interruptible.)

Thanks!

Edited by DarionLeonidas
typo
  • Like 2

Body Armor is autopower, while Scorpion Shield is a toggle, so that means no endurance draining, no suppression when player is mezzed. LRM - yah can get a buff to it insane Recharge Time.

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/

So comparing a lot of the resistance-based armors for Blasters in the epic pools, here's about how it pans out:

Body Armor - Auto

8.75% Smashing/Lethal Resistance

Charged Armor / Fire Shield / Shark Skin / Dark Embrace - Toggle

19.25% Smashing/Lethal Resistance (All)

19.25% Energy Res (Charged)

19.25% Cold Res (Shark)

10.5% Negative/Toxic Res (Dark)

14% Fire Res & 7% Cold Res (Fire)

0.33 end/s

Temp Invulnerability - Toggle

21% Smashing/Lethal Resistance

0.33 end/s

To compare and contrast how these armors stack against their armor equivalents for a Scrapper / Brute, I'll bring up the Invulnerability numbers, since those are probably the closest to compare with. Temp Invuln = Temp Invuln, and Body Armor = Resist Physical Damage in this scenario:

Resist Physical Damage - Auto

7.5% Smashing/Lethal Resistance

25% Defense Debuff Resistance

Temp Invulnerability - Toggle (Scrapper/Brute version)

22.5% Smashing/Lethal Resistance

0.26 end/s

Body Armor has (slightly) higher S/L resistance than its equivalent, but lacks the secondary effect. Invuln version of Temp Invulnerability is marginally stronger than the Epic Pool equivalent.

I'd suggest the way to buff Body Armor wouldn't be to raise the S/L resistance numbers, but to add 25% Resistance Debuff Resistance to mirror its Invuln counterpart. This evaluation is also outside of the fact that objectively Temp Invulnerability sucks the most out of all the Epic pool toggles; IMO an extra 1.75% S/L resistance does not compare to an entire 19.25% resistance in another damage type that other sets get, and with less investment in the pool (looking at you, Mu Mastery Charged Armor).

An alternative buff would be to have it mirror High Pain Tolerance from Willpower, spread out the Resistance among more of the damage types, and grant a MaxHealth boost.

Behold my altitis

Webmistress Shelob - Crab Spider Soldier (50)

Bulldog Palmieri - AR/Devices Blaster (50)

Queen I - Elec/FF Controller (50)

Sir Bedrock - Fire/Stone Brute (50)

The buff to LRM Missile really would to convert it to a sniper power and allow it to take Snipe Damage enhancements, and give it the quick snipe changes.

If Mids is to be trusted, the power has a 4-second interruptible "charge-up" time, with a 1.87s actual animation time of the power. That would greatly bring up its usefulness, and actually make it a solid power.

Behold my altitis

Webmistress Shelob - Crab Spider Soldier (50)

Bulldog Palmieri - AR/Devices Blaster (50)

Queen I - Elec/FF Controller (50)

Sir Bedrock - Fire/Stone Brute (50)