Is MSR a Sustainable Practice?

Blue Jay

Disconnections all around, lag even rounder. Sweet merits, but if the older servers couldn't handle AE PLing, how are the servers doing these days on this? How is your computer doing? I'm just asking questions. If something seems game-breaking, I'd like to say something, even if I'm wrong.

It's a bit like Black Friday, everybody GO!

And it's only expanding.

Untitled_zpskvfoavup.jpg

No mud no lotus

Badges: Victory: 1345 Homecoming: 1613
Discord: Blue Jay#2187

❤️

Bluejays are fierce!

Uh.. yeah, I haven't seen any notable disconnections from people in the MSR runs I've done, except for people who have disconnection problems in general.

And my computer doesn't even notice CoH is running unless I run 3+ instances all in an active mission, which I've only done for purposes of testing what the CPU load would be like. ;D

Based on my experience it doesn't seem like the server is really the problem; it seems like it's the client.

If the server were the problem you'd expect the whole zone to lag and crash together, but that doesn't seem to be what happens: individual clients crash and disconnect, and then those players can log right back in.

I assume it's some sort of memory usage issue; I could play just fine for fifteen minutes or so, and then my client would crash pretty reliably. Other players in the raid were reporting they could avoid crashes by doing such as reducing graphics settings, turning off buff transmissions, etc.