Talos Island SE Missing Enemy Spawns

Metatheory

I have had this happen several times this week, with the latest time just 15 minutes before this post. The issue is that there seem to be no enemy spawns in the South East corner of Talos Island. The issue affects at least the Eleusis and Eastern Argos Highway zones. Normally I would expect to find a lot of Banished Pantheon and Devoured Earth spawns, but there are no enemies at all.

Spawns in the Central and Western areas are working correctly (Warriors, Tsoo, Freaks etc) and I haven't checked the islands to the North.

Attaching screenshots from the most recent example.

screenshot_201120-08-43-29.jpg

screenshot_201120-08-43-52.jpg

screenshot_201120-08-42-05.jpg

screenshot_201120-08-42-28.jpg

screenshot_201120-08-42-49.jpg

screenshot_201120-08-43-14.jpg

I think that particular area has always been that way, only spawning BP at night and nothing at all during the day, at least according to all the guide maps over the years. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Today

spacer.png

Perhaps it was done this way so that Banished Pantheon would always be the only group there at night? Maybe there was no way for the devs to elegantly de-spawn enemies that had spawned in the daytime if a character was around. Or they wanted it to feel spookily empty. Or (quite likely) they messed up and didn't flag any day spawns like the rest of Argo Highway and never bothered to fix it.

I agree though, if possible Day Spawns should be added to this area, as it feels weird how empty it is. Maybe it could focus on groups to fit with it's proximity to Dark Astoria, have daytime spawns on the streets of Tsoo/Circle of Thorns/Warriors, maybe some Devouring Earth in the grassy area. But it shouldn't take away from the prevalence of the BP here at night.

Alternative suggestion to keep the spooky atmosphere: move the 2 contacts to somewhere else in Talos, remove the car and pedestrians spawns/paths, have it fog up like Echo: Dark Astoria using a localized client screen effect power and spawn the Banished Pantheon there day and night! Like the evil of Dark Astoria has spilled out, kind of replacing the Adamastor summoning zone event that used to be in that area before it was moved to Echo: DA. Could swap one of the Wheel of Destruction arc contacts over there, or Miriam Bloechl with the Scroll of Tielekku arc.

Edited by Aberrant
Contact suggestions.
  • Thanks 1

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

There are definitely meant to be day spawns because there often are day spawns. As mentioned, Freaks and Warriors should be there and the DA gate should be crawling with Devoured. It's not even a server reset thing. Sometimes there are spawns and sometimes - often times recently - it is deserted.