Beam Rifle: Cutting Beam

Epoch Paradox

47 minutes ago, Epoch Paradox said:

Replace Cutting Beam with Explosive Beam or some such? A decent target aoe would round out this set much better than with the currently - very skippable - cone.

Probably been suggested before but I didn't find it in the suggestions.

I love mine the way it is. In fact, using my Terminator Plasma Rifle Mod with this makes sense to the way it looks. If nothing else, make it a pulse full auto beam instead of a constant beam and give it similar mechanics to full auto, just less damage and I think it's golden.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

I love mine the way it is. In fact, using my Terminator Plasma Rifle Mod with this makes sense to the way it looks. If nothing else, make it a pulse full auto beam instead of a constant beam and give it similar mechanics to full auto, just less damage and I think it's golden.

Surprised to hear a vote for that. Fair enough. I was thinking a lesser version of the overcharge would be a better fit for both mechanical and style reasons.

Just now, Epoch Paradox said:

Surprised to hear a vote for that. Fair enough. I was thinking a lesser version of the overcharge would be a better fit for both mechanical and style reasons.

You should try out the mod I mentioned. It will make a bit more sense then.  😉

18 minutes ago, Epoch Paradox said:

Sound effect mod? I've had trouble getting most of those mods to work right but I can't see how that would effect the power missing (without even saying "miss")

I did not realize that was an issue that you were having. It was not mentioned before. I'll check it out and see if I can't at least figure out why it does that.

43 minutes ago, Epoch Paradox said:

Sound effect mod? I've had trouble getting most of those mods to work right but I can't see how that would effect the power missing (without even saying "miss")

I took my level 35 Beam Rifle Blaster to PI and shot at a level 50 CoT and it indeed showed miss.

3 hours ago, Solarverse said:

I took my level 35 Beam Rifle Blaster to PI and shot at a level 50 CoT and it indeed showed miss.

I didn’t explain very well what I meant. It’s a short cone and often does not hit what looks like a target that should hit. It’s not all or nothing but I’ve often experienced this. Basically I just greatly prefer an 80’ range taoe over a 40’ cone and think it fits the set much better. Just opinion. 
I haven’t spent a great deal of time trying out the mods but I followed the steps and tried using several of them - most didn’t seem to work as described, or I simply expected different results than I got. Sorry I can’t be of much help trouble shooting, I do think it’s a great idea and will revisit the program and try some things out again. Thanks for your efforts!

50 minutes ago, Epoch Paradox said:

I didn’t explain very well what I meant. It’s a short cone and often does not hit what looks like a target that should hit. It’s not all or nothing but I’ve often experienced this. Basically I just greatly prefer an 80’ range taoe over a 40’ cone and think it fits the set much better. Just opinion. 
I haven’t spent a great deal of time trying out the mods but I followed the steps and tried using several of them - most didn’t seem to work as described, or I simply expected different results than I got. Sorry I can’t be of much help trouble shooting, I do think it’s a great idea and will revisit the program and try some things out again. Thanks for your efforts!

I understand your frustration. What I try to do in order to hit as many as possible is I target the center back furthest NPC, that way I know I will hit as many of them as possible. Frost Breath and Fire Breath has the same issue. So until the Devs add to the Range, that will be the best we can hope for I think.

46 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

I understand your frustration. What I try to do in order to hit as many as possible is I target the center back furthest NPC, that way I know I will hit as many of them as possible. Frost Breath and Fire Breath has the same issue. So until the Devs add to the Range, that will be the best we can hope for I think.

Frustration seems like a strong word in this context. Currently I skip frost breath, breath of fire and cutting beam in all my builds. Fireball for example is great. Maybe one day we can have mechanical power customization and simply select taoe/cone type options on certain powers. I’m sure I’d do the same thing with quite a few others, especially on dark blast set.