Tanker Primary "Tough Test"

Galaxy Brain

2 minutes ago, Saikochoro said:

Yeah we can’t get into full sets because there is just too much build variety and everything is basically immortal at that point anyway. 

You are right though about adding in secondaries. It would be interesting to see how MA and DM would boost certain sets, but then it’s not just about the primary. 

I was shooting the breeze about this with Bill and basically I think that resistance based sets are simply screwed in the grand scheme of things. Defense debuff is too prevalent. It does not mean it is hopeless and omg delete all your resistance based characters. But they kinda are screwed.

When we talk of Super Reflexes being screwed we talk of basically, what? Ruluuru? Ignoring defense? But everything and their granny does defense debuffs. Tsoo do some, Cimerorians do lots, Banished Pantheon do, Knives do, Crey does. Heck, even Family does.

It is not a tremendous concern for regular teaming since we melt everything in our path but it is felt in solo mode where we are the focus of everyone and things die more slowly

Hybrid sets end being near immortal thanks to their incorporated DDR. Invul tops by far the scale with both DDR and scaling defenses so when it needs defense because surrounded is when it has it. Shield comes second as a pretty decent all-rounder who also boasts of DDR, plus defense, plus decent resists. Super Reflexes on a tank is probably fine even against Ruluuru (never made one so someone correct me) due to how their resists work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sovera said:

I was shooting the breeze about this with Bill and basically I think that resistance based sets are simply screwed in the grand scheme of things. Defense debuff is too prevalent. It does not mean it is hopeless and omg delete all your resistance based characters. But they kinda are screwed.

When we talk of Super Reflexes being screwed we talk of basically, what? Ruluuru? Ignoring defense? But everything and their granny does defense debuffs. Tsoo do some, Cimerorians do lots, Banished Pantheon do, Knives do, Crey does. Heck, even Family does.

It is not a tremendous concern for regular teaming since we melt everything in our path but it is felt in solo mode where we are the focus of everyone and things die more slowly

Hybrid sets end being near immortal thanks to their incorporated DDR. Invul tops by far the scale with both DDR and scaling defenses so when it needs defense because surrounded is when it has it. Shield comes second as a pretty decent all-rounder who also boasts of DDR, plus defense, plus decent resists. Super Reflexes on a tank is probably fine even against Ruluuru (never made one so someone correct me) due to how their resists work.

I feel like Dark Aura could be in this category as well, IF we’re including incarnates. Cascading Defense Failure is it’s big problem, but if you cover that with Incarnates it is just an insane set.

That being said, my point is kind of moot. As mentioned, by the time you get to full sets and incarnates, everyone is effectively immortal anyways.