Long Range Transport absent on transferred character

Fingernailgun

I have one character with exploration accolades that does not have Long Range Teleporter power or its accolade. The only relevant difference I can think of is that this character happened to be transferred between servers today, while all of my non-transferred characters successfully gained the LRT power upon logging in. The trouble shooting I did included gaining new exploration accolades and switching alignments, which had no effect.

550868414_LRTaccolade.png.913e2675e40357820ae674b73b2d923d.png

Edited by iocane
  • Like 1

I've had this happen as well.  

On Excelsior, I'd just transferred away to Reunion a character named Glow Wyrm. He's got Long Range Teleport.  Then I brought a second character of the same name, Glow Wyrm, from Everlasting and transferred him to Excelsior.  When I accessed this second character afterwards, he had the Fast Travel menu button, but LRT  was grayed out.  I signed out of the game, went back in, and found the problem still intact. 

So current problem:  Excelsior, Glow Wyrm

EDIT:  also just noticed that his new Supergroup's name is not displaying on his Personal Player Name headings.

Edited by Grasshopper

The issue appears to have resolved itself today, though I can't tell if it had anything to do with winter update or the servers restarting.

I tested the bug by transferring a character that I had not logged in since i27 launched. This character did not receive the long range teleporter, despite having exploration accolades. So the bug is reproducible, but the patch provides a way to fix it client side.

Edited by iocane

I transferred Winterlight from Torch to Everlasting this morning... She hadn't been logged on since before i27 went live, and like the cases mentioned upthread she didn't get the LRT accolade when I did log her on today. She had the Citizen of Salamanca accolade.

I'm going to go ahead and get Atlas Tour Guide for her, which will probably solve the issue... But one more example of the bug is one more example. 

EDIT TO ADD: Getting the Atlas Tour Guide accolade did *NOT* correct the problem. Winterlight still doesn't have the LRT accolade unlocked in spite of having two zone accolades now... One from her old server and one from her new one. Weird bug, that.

Second Add: A few months in and she still doesn't have it, as noted down-thread.

Edited by Coyotedancer

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

On 11/25/2020 at 9:49 AM, Faultline said:

Server and character name, please.

I too am having the same issue and have many many zone accolades but i also transferred my character from reunion to excelsior without having logged in since the change on travel  tried dying,vet leveling, changing alignment, restarting game , restarting launcher, restarting computer, and nothing seems to work, i have done this accolade on over 20 other alts so knowledge on how to get the accolade isnt the issue and ive gotten all 38 zones on these other toons also..... PRIME HK Excelsior

Winter DOES have Passport, and the LRT power shows up on the P2W vendor's list with a "buy" button and the bold text that would normally indicate being able to get the power... but clicking that button does nothing, and the power isn't given to the character. 

On 12/8/2020 at 10:54 PM, Coyotedancer said:

Winter DOES have Passport, and the LRT power shows up on the P2W vendor's list with a "buy" button and the bold text that would normally indicate being able to get the power... but clicking that button does nothing, and the power isn't given to the character. 

Having exactly the same issue with Silent Knights that I transferred from Torchbearer to Excelsior. P2W vendor has LRT for sale but does nothing when clicked.

Free.JPG

• City Council

@Grasshopper @Ferrous_Sapien

Are you still experiencing this issue?

@Coyotedancer @hulkchevy

Did you transfer your characters and log in before the server maintenance on December 1st?

@Darkblue Can you confirm if the following is true:

1. Silent Knights wasn't logged in between i27 being released (November 24th) and your server transfer
  2. The server transfer happened after the server maintenance on December 1st

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

Was just chatting to you in game @Light-up on CC channel

1. Confirmed 

2. Confirmed

I had not played the character in a long time (months) and server transfer was on Wednesday 9th Dec.

Incidentally, I can tell you that this character did not meet the requirements for the accolade and earned them after the transfer.

1. Getting the Passport Badge

2. Getting Pocket D VIP

Hope that helps in some way. 

Thanks for the reply.

Edited by Darkblue
Additional info

• City Council
7 minutes ago, Darkblue said:

Was just chatting to you in game @Light-up on CC channel

1. Confirmed 

2. Confirmed

I had not played the character in a long time (months) and server transfer was on Wednesday 9th Dec.

Ok - please reply back here after maintenance on Tuesday and let me know if it's fixed or not.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

4 hours ago, Jimmy said:

@Coyotedancer @hulkchevy

Did you transfer your characters and log in before the server maintenance on December 1st?

1. Silent Knights wasn't logged in between i27 being released (November 24th) and your server transfer

Winter was transferred after, I think. It was the morning of the 1st, but something like around 8 or 9 AM Pacific.

Characters I have transferred without having logged in before Nov 24th patch do not gain LRT upon logging in despite having the passport badge and exploration accolades.
The character that I transferred on Nov 24th gained his LRT after the update on Dec 1st.

Additional characters (used to test) with exploration accolades, but not logged in pre-Nov 24th, transferred and did not receive LRT. These characters cannot access LRT by buying it at the p2w vendor, or by acquiring additional exploration accolades. The server maintenance had no effect on the LRT status of the transferred characters.

Characters that have LRT keep it after transferring, as I have transferred several such characters to test it.

Also having this issue, my character Kudzu Arrowroot I moved from Reunion to Everlasting after the maintenance on Dec 1st without logging him in first for quite some time.  He has Pocket D VIP badge, Passport, AND Atlas Exploration badge Accolade (which I got AFTER I realized LRT was not available, still did not unlock it)  He does have the teleport macro, but LRT is grayed out.  Clicking on any of the options in the macro's menu does nothing, and I also can't buy the power from P2W despite it being free.

Some help with this would be appreciated~

• 3 weeks later
On 12/13/2020 at 6:07 PM, Jimmy said:

@Coyotedancer @hulkchevy

My toon hadnt logged in in 6+ months and was transfered after winter event started without log in b4 transfer