Blaster Archer/Trick Arrow appears impervious to holds

starro

I made a new blaster with archery primary and trick arrow secondary sets about two weeks ago in anticipation for issue 27,

I started to play her more with the launch of issue 27 and I am at level 8.  

I think I am impervious to holds from from Madness Mages (COT), Death Dolls (Skulls) and big ugly psychics (Lost).  I get the RED HOLD text in the upper right corner and  my character is frozen in place with hands in the air.  However I can still fire off Snap Shot and Aimed Shot at my targets and it looks like arrows are coming from the characters chest while held with hands in the air.  I was thinking for other powersets when in a held state I cannot fire powers.

I have tried to get a screenshot but that the PC not cooperating.  I am going to try this from my desktop over the Holiday too and see if I can replicate.  I am not sure how else to capture additional information.  I hesitated recording a video in case of the ban on recordings.

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

It’s in the blaster inherent Defiance. Didn’t used to be like that and it’s pretty awesome to be able to still lob shots when stumbling around stunned! 😁😁 

Defiance 1.0 was pretty crazy where the lower your health was the more you would get a damage buff. Kinda insane to on purpose fall from the top of the map and hit the ground ending up with 1hp and a 400% +dam just to hit Lusca with a BIG whammy!

Edited by FundamentalyConfused
Confusion

Thank you for the explanation!  I do admit I have not played blasters much and with the new issue I wanted to try something new!

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

On 11/26/2020 at 2:38 PM, duane said:

Thank you for the explanation!  I do admit I have not played blasters much and with the new issue I wanted to try something new!

Also, one of the amplifiers you can get from the P2W vendor, the defence one I believe, gives a bit of mez protection. I always buy them for my new alts and still somehow get surprised when I get to around level 20+ and don't notice they've expired and I get held!

Edited by CaptainLupis

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"