Players who made CoH comic book appearances, where are you now?

My wife was one of those, her character Graz'zt made it it on the cover with several other people in the same contest.  We do keep the copy of the comic we got, but no clue where to find it in the house after a few moves.  She's doing quite well, but busy enough to not have much time for the game anymore.

If anyone does find a scan of the old cover, let me know. I'd love to surprise her with it but my searchfu isn't strong today.

My wife was one of those, her character Graz'zt made it it on the cover with several other people in the same contest.  We do keep the copy of the comic we got, but no clue where to find it in the house after a few moves.  She's doing quite well, but busy enough to not have much time for the game anymore.

If anyone does find a scan of the old cover, let me know. I'd love to surprise her with it but my searchfu isn't strong today.

Here is the link to the pdf's for all Comics.  http://www.cityofheroes.ca/media-and-downloads/comic-archive/  I would like to know which issue she was in.  I just remember reading about having a chance to be in an issue when I first bought the game, and then nothing came out of it.  Was curious how others landed the gig.  Thank you

How many Characters made it into the comic from the game?

I know a buddy of mine won a costume contest and got one of his heroes into the comic in a cameo type bit but I only remember the one contest and I thought that was only a couple characters.

I know a buddy of mine won a costume contest and got one of his heroes into the comic in a cameo type bit but I only remember the one contest and I thought that was only a couple characters.

Yep, that's how I did it, too! One of the prizes for the winners of the 2004 Halloween costume contest was to appear in the comic. (I won Most Daring, but there were something like six categories, as I recall.) Good times!  :D

Avonlea_with_comic_small.jpg

• Like 1

So... How did one get into these contests in the first place, seems like this would be a tunofun.

It was lots of fun! For I think three or four years starting in 2004, the company held a Halloween costume contest where you'd dress up as your character in real life, out in public somewhere. People submitted pics and then they'd post them on the web site. That first year among other prizes the winners got cameo appearances in the comic as well as permanent in-game titles that showed up above your character's name. (I don't know what the other winners' titles were, but since I won Most Daring, my title read "Costume Bohemian 2004")

I'd never even heard of the word cosplay at the time, but those contests were my gateway into lots of fun costuming stuff. A whole 'nother spinoff hobby I can thank CoH for!  ;D