Potential issue with Beam Rifle

SethPaine

Hi all,

I have levelled a few BR sentinels (I have a thing for them) and have noticed something that seems odd: the in game details of some powers (single shot, charged shot, lancer shot and overcharge) indicate they should have a direct damage component and a DoT component. However, when playing, overcharge is the only power that does apply the DoT part, the others only apply to appropriate DD part. I have tried this with and without disintegrate just to check but this doesn't change the result I experience. Has someone already noticed this?

Before I go and post to report this as a bug, considering I am fairly new, I may misunderstand how these powers are supposed to work. Maybe someone can shed some light on this for me? Thank you.

Edit: correction of typo in the title 🙂

Edited by SethPaine

My issue with the bean rifle is that I don't get to choose pinto, navy, kidney, or black.  I think they should add a power that allows me to switch between those, like pistols gets to choose ammo.  I'd also like an option to follow up with either white, brown, or yellow rice.

Edited by Rathulfr
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

I do believe the extra damage listed is supposed to be the disintegration spread damage.  Radiation melee has the same sort of display for its spreading damage chance.  For the description on the powers it describes it as "Disintegrate spread causes minor energy damage over time"  That would be to nearby targets that are eligible, not the main target.

33 minutes ago, Riverdusk said:

I do believe the extra damage listed is supposed to be the disintegration spread damage.  Radiation melee has the same sort of display for its spreading damage chance.  For the description on the powers it describes it as "Disintegrate spread causes minor energy damage over time"  That would be to nearby targets that are eligible, not the main target.

I see what you mean, that could be the case. I was under the (false by the looks of it) impression that disintegration spread was simply applying disintegrate to close targets, it seems to do that but with much lower damages, I'll check this in game.

If correct, the only issue is the tooltip displaying the average damage. For example, single shot shows 70.26 energy damage and 6 ticks of 7.03 energy damage (potentially from the spread) but the average damage, damage per activation cycle, etc section values are all based on 112.42 damage per shot (i.e. base + spread) which is pretty misleading.

@Rathulfr Thanks for flagging the typo in the title 🙂

Edit: added a missing word 🙂

Edited by SethPaine
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SethPaine said:

I see what you mean, that could be the case. I was under the (false by the looks of it) that disintegration spread was simply applying disintegrate to close targets, it seems to do that but with much lower damages, I'll check this in game.

If correct, the only issue is the tooltip displaying the average damage. For example, single shot shows 70.26 energy damage and 6 ticks of 7.03 energy damage (potentially from the spread) but the average damage, damage per activation cycle, etc section values are all based on 112.42 damage per shot (i.e. base + spread) which is pretty misleading.

@Rathulfr Thanks for flagging the typo in the title 🙂

Yeah, unfortunately the average damage, DPA, etc. are wrong on a lot of powers.  Melee ones are the worst as they often randomly include damage from if fiery embrace is active from fire armor secondary, an armor set I never even play.  I depend on in game numbers as I don't typically use a program like Mid's (which can also be wrong), and I'm always having to make adjustments in trying to compare sets.

On 12/5/2020 at 1:47 PM, Riverdusk said:

This. The disintegrated targets do an AOE that has a 20% chance to trigger and hit 3 other targets with that listed damage.

Edited by underfyre
  • Like 1