What are the differences between Homecoming and the other CoH servers?

Sidney

I've looked here, on Reddit, and on several CoH discord servers and can't find the answer to this.  What are the differences between the various CoH servers such as Rebirth, Pleiades, COHX, Homecoming, etc.?

I understand they're run by different groups, and I believe they have different code bases, but from a player's perspective, what are the differences?  My friends and I want to start, but we want to choose the server that's the best fit for us.  Thanks!

basically homecoming is i25 the others are based on i24

I'm actually curious about why this is... why would you ever want to go backwards???

My guess is for the "purists" out there who want only the NCSoft vision of the game, and/or who want all the challenges (capes @ 20, no exp bonuses, etc).

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

basically homecoming is i25 the others are based on i24

I'm actually curious about why this is... why would you ever want to go backwards???

seems all emu servers there's least one that is classic, hell even wow is releasing a official one too. guess they want a hard game, something to work for like it was when first played before the time saving QoL's