• (23) Superior Blistering Cold - Damage/Endurance/Accuracy/RechargeTime
  • (25) Superior Blistering Cold - Recharge/Chance for Hold

Level 10: Temperature Protection

• (A) Gladiator's Armor - End/Resist
  • (25) Gladiator's Armor - Recharge/Resist
  • (27) Gladiator's Armor - Recharge/Endurance
  • (27) Gladiator's Armor - Resistance/Rech/End
  • (29) Gladiator's Armor - Resistance
  • (29) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)

Level 12: Kick

• (A) Damage Increase IO

Level 14: Tough

• (A) Aegis - Resistance/Endurance
  • (43) Aegis - Resistance/Recharge
  • (43) Aegis - Endurance/Recharge
  • (45) Aegis - Resistance/Endurance/Recharge
  • (45) Aegis - Resistance
  • (45) Aegis - Psionic/Status Resistance

Level 16: Plasma Shield

• (A) Titanium Coating - Resistance/Endurance
  • (31) Titanium Coating - Resistance/Recharge
  • (31) Titanium Coating - Endurance/Recharge
  • (31) Titanium Coating - Resistance/Endurance/Recharge
  • (33) Titanium Coating - Resistance
  • (33) Titanium Coating - Endurance

Level 18: Dark Consumption

• (A) Superior Critical Strikes - Accuracy/Damage
  • (33) Superior Critical Strikes - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (34) Superior Critical Strikes - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime
  • (34) Superior Critical Strikes - Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (34) Superior Critical Strikes - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (36) Superior Critical Strikes - RechargeTime/+50% Crit Proc

Level 20: Consume

• (A) Fury of the Gladiator - Accuracy/Damage
  • (36) Fury of the Gladiator - Damage/Recharge
  • (36) Fury of the Gladiator - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (37) Fury of the Gladiator - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge
  • (37) Fury of the Gladiator - Accuracy/Damage/End/Rech
  • (37) Fury of the Gladiator - Chance for Res Debuff

Level 22: Weave

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
  • (46) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Recharge
  • (46) Luck of the Gambler - Endurance/Recharge
  • (46) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • (48) Luck of the Gambler - Defense
  • (48) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed

Level 24: Maneuvers

• (A) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage

Level 26: Soul Drain

• (A) Armageddon - Damage
  • (39) Armageddon - Damage/Recharge
  • (39) Armageddon - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (39) Armageddon - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (40) Armageddon - Damage/Endurance
  • (40) Armageddon - Chance for Fire Damage

Level 28: Burn

• (A) Obliteration - Damage
  • (40) Obliteration - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (42) Obliteration - Damage/Recharge
  • (42) Obliteration - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (42) Obliteration - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (43) Obliteration - Chance for Smashing Damage

Level 30: Tactics

• (A) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 32: Hasten

Level 35: Fiery Embrace

Level 38: Super Speed

• (A) Celerity - +Stealth

Level 41: Super Jump

• (A) Jumping IO

Level 44: Combat Jumping

• (A) Defense Buff IO

Level 47: Ring of Fire

• (A) Damage Increase IO

Level 49: Melt Armor

Level 1: Brawl

• (A) Damage Increase IO

Level 1: Critical Hit 

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash

What are you trying to achieve? Smite is totally underslotted and it's basic in your ST attack chain, as well as your heaviest hitting attack, Midnight Grasp which you did not take. Tactics is a toggle that it's supposed to be always on so a rchg IO on it is simply useless. What is the point of 6 slotting Dark Consumption AND Consume (or even taking both). Also, Temperature Protection 6 slotted? and those are just for starters, CJ is underslotted, your ancillary pool as it stands is pretty much useless because with current slotting it brings nothing to the table and, well, lots more things but those would be main points to be addressed. 

Honestly, I don't think you know what are you really doing. Please do not take this as a dig at you, it's perfectly normal, we've all been there at some stage but that build can and should be improved greatly because as it stands, it is pretty much awful.

Again, sorry if I sound too blunt, English is not my native language and I am not trying to be mean or nasty, I am calling things as I see them.

Edited by Nightmarer
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Being chased by a wasp is the most complete sport practice!

7 hours ago, Nightmarer said:

What are you trying to achieve? Smite is totally underslotted and it's basic in your ST attack chain, as well as your heaviest hitting attack, Midnight Grasp which you did not take. Tactics is a toggle that it's supposed to be always on so a rchg IO on it is simply useless. What is the point of 6 slotting Dark Consumption AND Consume (or even taking both). Also, Temperature Protection 6 slotted? and those are just for starters, CJ is underslotted, your ancillary pool as it stands is pretty much useless because with current slotting it brings nothing to the table and, well, lots more things but those would be main points to be addressed. 

Honestly, I don't think you know what are you really doing. Please do not take this as a dig at you, it's perfectly normal, we've all been there at some stage but that build can and should be improved greatly because as it stands, it is pretty much awful.

Again, sorry if I sound too blunt, English is not my native language and I am not trying to be mean or nasty, I am calling things as I see them.

You are indeed correct that I have no idea what I am doing. The idea was to go for a more aoe oriented build over a ST oriented one. Smite being underslotted is because someone in game told me it didn't need to be slotted and that Shadow Maul was to be my primary attack. As for Dark Consumption and Consume, I was sure how end heavy the build would get, but I'm more than willing to drop Consume since it's a recovery buff where as Dark Consumption restores endurance.

To be honest you don't need either Dark Consumption or Consume and for AoE, you missed Touch of Fear which now is a decent AoE. All in all, DM strengths are two, one its solid ST attack chain and second, all of its utilities, it's like a Swiss kinfe set. Without ST, you will have trouble dealing with bosses and dealing with bosses is scrapper specialty. Also, bsides resistance, you will need to crank up defenses. See, 75% cap resistance is not optimal even if you could 75% all resistances which you will not be able to.  Also, although usually Soul mastery would be ideal to get for teh Snipe plus Shadow Meld, I'd probably go Dark Mastery and use Tenebrous Tentacles to immobilize foes because Burn on scrappers scatters all the foes making them running away in fear. I don't have Mid's available right now but I am sure ppl can help you with builds if so require, will try making one up as soon as I have access to Mid's.

• Thanks 1

Hmmm, this is probably how I'd do a Dm/Fire Scrapper. Tried going the Tenebrous tentacles route but the build didn't feel right so went Soul Mastery instead. This is not a lvling build, it is a lvl 50 build. The slotting for Touch of Fear would be the two procs in place and the other 4 enhancements woule be the ones hidden in Soul Drain's alternative slotting (I don't think Mid's has a full update for I27 changes). Still, I prefer this on a Brute since their Burn does not have a Fear component. On a scrapper, probably MA/Fire or Psi/Fire because of the AoE KD that would keep foes in Burn would go better, I am great fan of Dark Melee but on Scrapper I don't see it going with Fiery Aura as well as it goes on a Brute. Anyway, should be a fun scrapper with good AoE and steady ST chain (Moonbeam will fill the gaps since there is not good enough recharge for MG - Smite - SL - Smite). Also, choosing Agility or Spiritual Alpha will affect the procs so I'd go for Musculature Alpha instead. 

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Dark Melee
Secondary Power Set: Fiery Aura
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Smite -- SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(7), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(39), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39)
Level 1: Fire Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(3), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(3), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(5)
Level 2: Shadow Maul -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(5), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(43)
Level 4: Healing Flames -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(48), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(50)
Level 6: Touch of Fear -- GlmoftheA-Dam%(A), CldSns-%Dam(7), Empty(42), Empty(42), Empty(42), Empty(43)
Level 8: Siphon Life -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(9), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(9), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), TchoftheN-%Dam(48), TchofDth-Dam%(48)
Level 10: Temperature Protection -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), StdPrt-ResKB(11), GldArm-3defTpProc(11)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- Ksm-ToHit+(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(13), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(13), Rct-ResDam%(50)
Level 14: Super Jump -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 16: Plasma Shield -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(17), UnbGrd-ResDam(17), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(19)
Level 18: Blazing Aura -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(21), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(21), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(23)
Level 20: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 22: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(23), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(25), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(25)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(31), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(34)
Level 26: Soul Drain -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(27), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(27), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), Obl-%Dam(36)
Level 28: Burn -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(29), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(29), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), Obl-%Dam(37)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(31), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(31)
Level 32: Midnight Grasp -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(33), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(33), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), Hct-Dam%(34), TchofDth-Dam%(46)
Level 35: Fiery Embrace -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(36)
Level 38: Moonbeam -- GldJvl-Dam%(A), StnoftheM-Dam%(40), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45), StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(45), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(46), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 41: Shadow Meld -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 44: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 47: Rise of the Phoenix -- Dmg-I(A)
Level 49: Consume -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(15)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(15)
------------

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Nightmarer said:

Hmmm, this is probably how I'd do a Dm/Fire Scrapper. Tried going the Tenebrous tentacles route but the build didn't feel right so went Soul Mastery instead. This is not a lvling build, it is a lvl 50 build. The slotting for Touch of Fear would be the two procs in place and the other 4 enhancements woule be the ones hidden in Soul Drain's alternative slotting (I don't think Mid's has a full update for I27 changes). Still, I prefer this on a Brute since their Burn does not have a Fear component. On a scrapper, probably MA/Fire or Psi/Fire because of the AoE KD that would keep foes in Burn would go better, I am great fan of Dark Melee but on Scrapper I don't see it going with Fiery Aura as well as it goes on a Brute. Anyway, should be a fun scrapper with good AoE and steady ST chain (Moonbeam will fill the gaps since there is not good enough recharge for MG - Smite - SL - Smite). Also, choosing Agility or Spiritual Alpha will affect the procs so I'd go for Musculature Alpha instead. 

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Dark Melee
Secondary Power Set: Fiery Aura
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Smite -- SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(7), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(39), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39)
Level 1: Fire Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(3), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(3), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(5)
Level 2: Shadow Maul -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(5), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(43)
Level 4: Healing Flames -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(48), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(50)
Level 6: Touch of Fear -- GlmoftheA-Dam%(A), CldSns-%Dam(7), Empty(42), Empty(42), Empty(42), Empty(43)
Level 8: Siphon Life -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(9), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(9), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), TchoftheN-%Dam(48), TchofDth-Dam%(48)
Level 10: Temperature Protection -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), StdPrt-ResKB(11), GldArm-3defTpProc(11)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- Ksm-ToHit+(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(13), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(13), Rct-ResDam%(50)
Level 14: Super Jump -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 16: Plasma Shield -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(17), UnbGrd-ResDam(17), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(19)
Level 18: Blazing Aura -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(21), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(21), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(23)
Level 20: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 22: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(23), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(25), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(25)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(31), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(34)
Level 26: Soul Drain -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(27), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(27), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), Obl-%Dam(36)
Level 28: Burn -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(29), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(29), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), Obl-%Dam(37)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(31), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(31)
Level 32: Midnight Grasp -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(33), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(33), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), Hct-Dam%(34), TchofDth-Dam%(46)
Level 35: Fiery Embrace -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(36)
Level 38: Moonbeam -- GldJvl-Dam%(A), StnoftheM-Dam%(40), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45), StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(45), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(46), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 41: Shadow Meld -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 44: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 47: Rise of the Phoenix -- Dmg-I(A)
Level 49: Consume -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(15)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(15)
------------

The lastest version of Mids doesn't seem to have Touch of Fear updated... what would you have in those slots? Additionally, Soul Mastery is one of the patreon pools, correct?

9 hours ago, Grimz said:

The lastest version of Mids doesn't seem to have Touch of Fear updated... what would you have in those slots? Additionally, Soul Mastery is one of the patreon pools, correct?

Glimpse of the Abyss dmg proc + Clouded senses dmg proc + Armageddon dmg proc + Armageddon Acc/Rchg (or Acc/dmg/rchg) + Eradication dmg proc + Obliteration dmg proc. And yes, Soul Mastery is a Patron Pool so you'd have to run patron arc from lvl 35 onwards

Edited by Nightmarer
  • Thanks 1