dragging / organizing costume slots

jessica

While yes, you can save and load costumes and use that to change what's in what slot, I wouldn't mind seeing this.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

A workaround might be to use macros to select costumes; I bind the * (multiply) key to each alt's "combat" outfit, and CTRL-* to the regular "Hey, look, I'm a hero" costume. Add in Shift and Alt and you've got four options on tap.

MULTIPLY "cce 1 ccSmokeBomb"
CTRL+MULTIPLY "cce 0 ccSmokeBomb"
SHIFT+MULTIPLY "cce 2 ccSmokeBomb"
ALT+MULTIPLY "cce 3 ccRainbow"

A tray of macros would make it even more expandable and easy, with a 3-letter code for each one, and all rearrangeable as you like with no need to sort the actual costume slots.

/macro HRO "cce 1 ccSmokeBomb"
/macro CBT "cce 0 "ccNuke"
...etc.

Not quite a UI fix, but.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

It doesn't seem to me that one needs to organize a mere five or six things, but I wouldn't stand in anyone's way if they implemented this.  I do like the macro idea though.  I always think about making such for my various characters, but... just never seem to find the time.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Save the above code snip, edit it once to suit your own set of cc emotes and slot numbering, and file. Load and run for each alt to create the 2-4 macro buttons. Done and you'll be one stylin' alt. 🙂

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

I don't think (just from my read of the OP) that it's a "to do this to change from one to another" idea, but a "I have a certain organization I want and would like to reorder without hitting the tailor multiple times" idea. 🙂

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.