Beast/Nature MM Critique

TooTall

Hello all,

I have a level 22 Beast/Nature mastermind. Starting to look into IOs and IO sets for it. Searching these forums and other places, I have come up with this build. I have created it on the test server and am pretty happy with it.

It's netting me 64% S/L resist for Wolves, 75% for Lions, 76% for Dire, and capped for myself with Wild Growth. I managed to get Wild Growth perma and Wild Bastion has a 10 second downtime. Defense is around 21% or so for all pets without Fortify Pack. Fortify has a 5-7 second downtime, but thus far, only needed it when ambushed or facing an AV. I was pretty impressed by the heals and ST damage.  Checking to see if anyone has any opinions on tweaks in the build. Endurance management is not too bad, could be better. Entangling and Overgrowth are the worst offenders. Many people dislike Entangling, but I find it to be worth while.

I could probably mitigate both end and recharge through incarnates. Let me know your thoughts! Thanks in advance.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 3.0.1.9
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/Hero-Designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Ms. Hax VI: Level 50 Natural Mastermind
Primary Power Set: Beast Mastery
Secondary Power Set: Nature Affinity
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Summon Wolves -- SprMarofS-Dmg(A), SprMarofS-Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg(3), SprMarofS-EndRdx/+Resist/+Regen(5), SvrRgh-PetResDam(5), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(7)
Level 1: Corrosive Enzymes -- Acc-I(A)
Level 2: Regrowth -- DctWnd-Heal(A), DctWnd-Rchg(7), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(9), DctWnd-EndRdx/Rchg(9), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx(11)
Level 4: Wild Growth -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(13), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(15), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(15), Mrc-Rcvry+(17)
Level 6: Train Beasts -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Super Jump -- Jump-I(A)
Level 10: Spore Cloud -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/Rchg(17), DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx(19), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(19)
Level 12: Summon Lions -- SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprMarofS-Acc/EndRdx(21), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(23), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(23), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(25)
Level 14: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(25), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(27), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(27), LucoftheG-Def(29)
Level 16: Lifegiving Spores -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(29), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(31), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(31), Pnc-Heal(31), Pnc-Heal/+End(33)
Level 18: Fortify Pack -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(33), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(33), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(34), LucoftheG-Def(34)
Level 20: Wild Bastion -- DctWnd-Heal(A), DctWnd-Rchg(34), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(36), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(36), DctWnd-EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 22: Tactics -- AdjTrg-ToHit(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(37), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(37), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(37), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(39), AdjTrg-Rchg(39)
Level 24: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Summon Dire Wolf -- SprCmmoft-Rchg/PetAoEDef(A), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg(39), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), EdcoftheM-PetDef(40), TchofLadG-%Dam(42)
Level 28: Tough -- StdPrt-ResKB(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(42), GldArm-3defTpProc(42)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(43), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(43), LucoftheG-Def(43), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 32: Tame Beasts -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(45), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 38: Overgrowth -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(46), RechRdx-I(46)
Level 41: Entangling Aura -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(46), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(47), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(47)
Level 44: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 47: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(48), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(48), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), LucoftheG-Def(49)
Level 49: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Supremacy 
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Prv-Absorb%(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(11)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(13)
Level 1: Alpha Howler Wolf 
Level 1: Howler Wolf 
Level 1: Pack Mentality 
Level 12: Lioness 
Level 26: Dire Wolf 
Level 0: Resistance 
------------
------------
Set Bonus Totals:

• 10% DamageBuff(Smashing)
  • 10% DamageBuff(Lethal)
  • 10% DamageBuff(Fire)
  • 10% DamageBuff(Cold)
  • 10% DamageBuff(Energy)
  • 10% DamageBuff(Negative)
  • 10% DamageBuff(Toxic)
  • 10% DamageBuff(Psionic)
  • 10% Defense
  • 8.5% Defense(Smashing)
  • 8.5% Defense(Lethal)
  • 9.13% Defense(Fire)
  • 9.13% Defense(Cold)
  • 8.5% Defense(Energy)
  • 8.5% Defense(Negative)
  • 6% Defense(Psionic)
  • 11% Defense(Melee)
  • 7.25% Defense(Ranged)
  • 22.56% Defense(AoE)
  • 60% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  • 14% Enhancement(Heal)
  • 102.5% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  • 7.5% SpeedFlying
  • GrantPower Preventive Medicine (10% chance, if Scourge)
  • 84.33 HP (10.5%) HitPoints
  • 7.5% JumpHeight
  • 7.5% SpeedJumping
  • Knockback (Mag -4)
  • Knockup (Mag -4)
  • MezResist(Confused) 51.25%
  • MezResist(Held) 51.25%
  • MezResist(Immobilized) 51.25%
  • MezResist(Sleep) 51.25%
  • MezResist(Stunned) 51.25%
  • MezResist(Terrorized) 51.25%
  • MezResist(Teleport) 100% (20% chance)
  • 8.5% (0.14 End/sec) Recovery
  • 200% (6.69 HP/sec) Regeneration
  • 59.75% Resistance(Smashing)
  • 59.75% Resistance(Lethal)
  • 38% Resistance(Fire)
  • 38% Resistance(Cold)
  • 38% Resistance(Energy)
  • 38% Resistance(Negative)
  • 35% Resistance(Toxic)
  • 35% Resistance(Psionic)
  • 7.5% SpeedRunning

That's a lot of LotG IOs to chase the +3.75% S/L resist. I would look into Shield Wall and Reactive Defense uniques to help free up some of that slotting. Maybe Celerity IOs into the prestige sprints for easy +2.25% S/L resist. Or pick an armor in the Ancillary Power Pool.

I think the Miracle unique needs to be in an auto power to be effective. Otherwise it will only have a chance to activate when the click power is used. Swap it with Preventive Medicine in Health.

Impeded Swiftness damage proc would be more effective in the Dire Wolf. Almost all it's attacks have a slow effect so it will trigger more frequently.

I have no experience with NA and minimal with BM so I won't comment on those power picks/IOs. Except for the Lions. The two Superior Command of the Mastermind ATOs provide a +4% damage bonus but you have no attacks. So the bonus is doing nothing for your build. Maybe change up the slotting to fit in the Soulbound Allegiance proc.

Just took a quick look, and you can drop 1 slot out of hasten, and make the 2 50+5 IOs to achieve the same recharge, you can drop 1 slot out of life giving spores, because the 6% heal bonus isn't really worth it, imo. 

The Touch of lady gray proc in direwolf should be swapped to Summon wolves, because 2 of their attacks proc it nearly every hit, whilst only 1 of dire wolfs attacks has a chance to proc it, so just swap it for the resistance bonus one in summon wolves. 

I would swap the slotting for combat jumping, and vengeance, just to get more personal defense. 

Super jump can take the Knock back protection IO "Blessing of the Zephyr", for a total of 8 instead of 4. 

You could drop 1 slot from vengeance, and take the gained slots and put them into sprint, and prestige sprint, slotting both with Celerity for the now missing s/l/mez resists.

Maybe try to find a away to switch some enhancements for Wolves, as they are lower level and need additional accuracy.  They are also little proc monsters when it comes to the defense debuff procs.  because of 2 of their attacks having that debuff, and they often proc both during 1 attack.  Just food for thought. 

Edit *The Miracle proc in Wild growth should be fine, as to my knowledge it auto fires, and lasts 2 minutes, which is more than enough if you're using the power on cooldown.* 

Love my doggos, Beast mastery is a fun set.

That is all I can see at a quick glance. 

Cheers!

Edited by monkeygodbob

Thank you both for the opinions!

13 hours ago, StrikerFox said:

That's a lot of LotG IOs to chase the +3.75% S/L resist. I would look into Shield Wall and Reactive Defense uniques to help free up some of that slotting. Maybe Celerity IOs into the prestige sprints for easy +2.25% S/L resist. Or pick an armor in the Ancillary Power Pool.

Impeded Swiftness damage proc would be more effective in the Dire Wolf. Almost all it's attacks have a slow effect so it will trigger more frequently.

Never thought about the Celerities. I still obviously have lot to learn about Frankenslotting. I did remove some of the extra slots in favor of Celerity IO and Shield Wall. I swapped out Vengeance to pick up Scorpion Shield (if I desire to go through the process to pull to the blue side). I am now just 2% under cap on resists with Wild Growth active, which I am fine with. I am fighting between using Impeded and Edict of Master defense proc.  I am a fan of going with as much damage as possible, in favor of attempting to up defense. I will give it a go on the test server, to see if the proc activates enough to be worth it.

13 hours ago, StrikerFox said:

The two Superior Command of the Mastermind ATOs provide a +4% damage bonus but you have no attacks. So the bonus is doing nothing for your build. Maybe change up the slotting to fit in the Soulbound Allegiance proc.

That is my fault there. I originally had Call Hawk in the build, but after playing the character on the test, found that I really didn't find a moment to use it. It's enough work directing the beasts where to go and keeping them buffed. I pulled the two enhancements and stuck in a Soulbound proc. I didn't know that could work for the pets! Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything else useful to put in there and a second Soulbound only nets me regen. I decided to dump a typical damage IO to bring up the enhanced percentage.

10 hours ago, monkeygodbob said:

Just took a quick look, and you can drop 1 slot out of hasten, and make the 2 50+5 IOs to achieve the same recharge, you can drop 1 slot out of life giving spores, because the 6% heal bonus isn't really worth it, imo. 

The Touch of lady gray proc in direwolf should be swapped to Summon wolves, because 2 of their attacks proc it nearly every hit, whilst only 1 of dire wolfs attacks has a chance to proc it, so just swap it for the resistance bonus one in summon wolves. 

I would swap the slotting for combat jumping, and vengeance, just to get more personal defense. 

Super jump can take the Knock back protection IO "Blessing of the Zephyr", for a total of 8 instead of 4. 

You could drop 1 slot from vengeance, and take the gained slots and put them into sprint, and prestige sprint, slotting both with Celerity for the now missing s/l/mez resists.

Maybe try to find a away to switch some enhancements for Wolves, as they are lower level and need additional accuracy.  They are also little proc monsters when it comes to the defense debuff procs.  because of 2 of their attacks having that debuff, and they often proc both during 1 attack.  Just food for thought. 

Giving a lot of this a shot. Will test it tonight.

A few other changes:

• Removed an Adjusting Targeting IO based on the gains net from Celerity
  • Added a Shield Breaker proc based on the info of the Wolves being "proc monsters". Swapped some of the enhancements within the set to try to get more accuracy.
  • Added Performance Shifter chance for End. On paper, this build is still very endurance heavy, but do feel like I could fix that with incarnates
  • Moved Preventative Medicine absorb to Health
  • Added Lockdown: Chance for +2 Mag to Entangling (This will likely change. I am losing places to hide slots... lol. First build I have run into that problem)
Edited by TooTall
Missed info...

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 3.0.1.9
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/Hero-Designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Ms. Hax VI: Level 49 Natural Mastermind
Primary Power Set: Beast Mastery
Secondary Power Set: Nature Affinity
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Summon Wolves -- SprMarofS-Dmg(A), SprMarofS-Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg(3), SprMarofS-EndRdx/+Resist/+Regen(5), TchofLadG-%Dam(5), ShlBrk-%Dam(7)
Level 1: Corrosive Enzymes -- Acc-I(A)
Level 2: Regrowth -- DctWnd-Heal(A), DctWnd-Rchg(9), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(11), DctWnd-EndRdx/Rchg(11), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx(13)
Level 4: Wild Growth -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(17), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(19), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(19)
Level 6: Train Beasts -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Super Jump -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 10: Spore Cloud -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/Rchg(21), DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx(21), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(23)
Level 12: Summon Lions -- SlbAll-Build%(A), Dmg-I(23), SprMarofS-Acc/EndRdx(25), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(25), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(27), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(27)
Level 14: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(29), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(29), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(31)
Level 16: Lifegiving Spores -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(31), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(33), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(33), Pnc-Heal(33)
Level 18: Fortify Pack -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(34), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(34), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 20: Wild Bastion -- DctWnd-Heal(A), DctWnd-Rchg(36), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(36), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(36), DctWnd-EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 22: Tactics -- AdjTrg-ToHit(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(37), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(37), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(39), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(39)
Level 24: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Summon Dire Wolf -- SprCmmoft-Rchg/PetAoEDef(A), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg(39), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), ImpSwf-Dam%(40), SvrRgh-PetResDam(42)
Level 28: Tough -- StdPrt-ResKB(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(42), GldArm-3defTpProc(42)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(43), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(43), LucoftheG-Def(43)
Level 32: Tame Beasts -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 38: Overgrowth -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(45), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 41: Entangling Aura -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(46), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(46), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(46), Lck-%Hold(47)
Level 44: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(47), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(48), LucoftheG-Def(48)
Level 47: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(48), Rct-Def(49)
Level 49: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-EndRdx(A), Clr-RunSpd(7)
Level 1: Supremacy 
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(13), Prv-Absorb%(15)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(15), PrfShf-End%(17)
Level 1: Alpha Howler Wolf 
Level 1: Howler Wolf 
Level 1: Pack Mentality 
Level 12: Lioness 
Level 26: Dire Wolf 
Level 0: Resistance 
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Clr-RunSpd(A), Clr-EndRdx(9)
------------
------------
Set Bonus Totals:

• 6% DamageBuff(Smashing)
  • 6% DamageBuff(Lethal)
  • 6% DamageBuff(Fire)
  • 6% DamageBuff(Cold)
  • 6% DamageBuff(Energy)
  • 6% DamageBuff(Negative)
  • 6% DamageBuff(Toxic)
  • 6% DamageBuff(Psionic)
  • 5% Defense
  • 8.5% Defense(Smashing)
  • 8.5% Defense(Lethal)
  • 9.13% Defense(Fire)
  • 9.13% Defense(Cold)
  • 8.5% Defense(Energy)
  • 8.5% Defense(Negative)
  • 6% Defense(Psionic)
  • 11% Defense(Melee)
  • 7.25% Defense(Ranged)
  • 22.56% Defense(AoE)
  • 60% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  • 8% Enhancement(Heal)
  • 102.5% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  • 7.5% SpeedFlying
  • GrantPower Preventive Medicine (10% chance, if Scourge)
  • 84.33 HP (10.5%) HitPoints
  • 7.5% JumpHeight
  • 7.5% SpeedJumping
  • Knockback (Mag -8)
  • Knockup (Mag -8)
  • MezResist(Confused) 30%
  • MezResist(Held) 30%
  • MezResist(Immobilized) 30%
  • MezResist(Sleep) 30%
  • MezResist(Stunned) 30%
  • MezResist(Terrorized) 30%
  • MezResist(Teleport) 100% (20% chance)
  • 8.5% (0.14 End/sec) Recovery
  • 200% (6.69 HP/sec) Regeneration
  • 55% Resistance(Smashing)
  • 55% Resistance(Lethal)
  • 46% Resistance(Fire)
  • 46% Resistance(Cold)
  • 46% Resistance(Energy)
  • 46% Resistance(Negative)
  • 43% Resistance(Toxic)
  • 43% Resistance(Psionic)
  • 7.5% SpeedRunning

On 1/5/2021 at 10:51 AM, TooTall said:

Level 41: Entangling Aura -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(46), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(46), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(46), Lck-%Hold(47)

Level 47: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(48), Rct-Def(49)

Not sure how you did this but you have 2 extra slots in there.  You have extra slots in Entangling Aura and Scorpion Shield....the slots labeled with lvl 47 & 49 enhancements shouldn't be there b/c those levels are power pick levels.  I used your build with some tweaking and tried to respec into it and couldn't figure out why I was coming up two slots short every time.  Bummed b/c I had a solid build with them!

• 11 months later